PDA

View Full Version : TSP Talk - 1st Month

tsptalk
03-23-2007, 10:16 PM
TSP Talk - When it all began - January 2004 (http://web.archive.org/web/20040116030221/http://www.tsptalk.com/):

According to Google's count of pages shown with ads, there were 446 page views that day in Jan 04. This past Thursday they counted 57,000. But there were actually 446,500 total page views in all (archives and subscription area do not have ads).

Take a look at the message board (http://web.archive.org/web/20040330061630/www.tsptalk.com/wwwboard/wwwboard.html) back in March 04.

Seems funny now. :D

Notice the 3 year outlook (http://web.archive.org/web/20040116115748/www.tsptalk.com/comments.html) in the market commentary... which brings us to 2007... If only I was smart enough to follow it.

Long Term Outlook (3 plus years)
Not much to say here except that I am very bullish for the long term. Cash and bonds need not apply. If you are not the type to watch the market on a regular basis and you have three or more years before you need your TSP funds, as I mention above, stocks are where to be.

We've come a long way. Thanks for all of your support!
Tom

RPM
03-25-2007, 04:36 PM
Tom:

I am so impressed with the Web site. I have been browsing the message board, and there 's a wealth of information there. Also, your tally and follow of the TSP performance (i.e. spreapsheet) is just amazing. I know more about TSP now than I ever knew in my 20 years with Fed.

Thank you so much for bringing such a great service to us Feds. I am so glad I stumbled upon it!

Thank you!:)

tsptalk
03-27-2007, 12:09 PM
You are welcome RPM! I've had a lot of help from our great members and moderators.

Spaf
03-27-2007, 12:32 PM
Tom, RPM, etal,

I didn't understand RPM's comment "I am so glad I stumbled upon it!"
Maybe cause I've been here so long!
When I google TSP, this site is one that comes up!
Are folks (still) having a hard time finding us?
Curious?

Any comments? ..... Regards...... :) ....... Spaf

mlk_man
03-27-2007, 01:02 PM
Spaf, TSP also stands for "The Smashing Pumpkins"........

Terrorist Surveillance Program also..........:nuts:

sugarandspice
03-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Tom:

I am so impressed with the Web site. I have been browsing the message board, and there 's a wealth of information there. Also, your tally and follow of the TSP performance (i.e. spreapsheet) is just amazing. I know more about TSP now than I ever knew in my 20 years with Fed.

Thank you so much for bringing such a great service to us Feds. I am so glad I stumbled upon it!

Thank you!:)

Spread the word to whoever you can. I do it as a gratitude to Tom for the site and all I have gotten from here. I don't donate money to anything. I only give blood and I don't think Tom wants that in the mail so I pass the word as often as I can. And there are thousands of people that should be taking an active interest in their TSP and aren't. This is the perfect place to steer them and I do it at every opportunity. Everyone should!

Spaf
03-27-2007, 01:50 PM
M_M,

I'm more appreciating RPM's comments!

Was looking at:......:blink:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TSP

Oh Wow!.....:worried:
TSP <---> Trimethylsilyl-2,2,3,3-tetradeuteropropionic acid, a derivative of tetramethylsilane

S&S:

When you look at all the participants and all the folks over here. We kind of in the minority.

Spaf

Spaf
03-27-2007, 02:49 PM
From TSP: As of December 31, 2006, TSP assets totaled approximately $206 billion, and retirement savings accounts have been established for more than 3.7 million participants.

Wonder what it is today?

How many folks are over here (those that talk, those that view)?

RPM
03-27-2007, 11:39 PM
Tom, RPM, etal,

Curious?

Spaf:

I never google TSP, since I know the address well. Well, not well enough, since one day I typed and that's how I found tsptalk.com... The rest is history for me :toung:

RPM

Spaf
03-28-2007, 12:23 AM
RPM,

We are glad you are here. You have options and a wealth of information!

Take care my friend!
Rgds
Spaf
:)

Spaf:

I never google TSP, since I know the address well. Well, not well enough, since one day I typed and that's how I found tsptalk.com... The rest is history for me :toung:

RPM

Mike
04-03-2007, 03:43 AM
You are welcome RPM! I've had a lot of help from our great members and moderators.
Clearly, it was all me. :D

Oldcoin
06-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Looks like the board is about to hit 3,000 on the member list…..sweet!

tsptalk
06-04-2007, 01:45 PM
1 more :)

Wolverine
06-04-2007, 04:30 PM
Tom, RPM, etal,

Curious?

I think I mentioned how I also stumbled upon this site after I first got here.

It was a stumble... LOL through another site and not even looking for this type of a site that was all related to the TSP and all.

Never even considered a site like this existing with all this either at the time.

Always a reason why we get where we are and I think it was meant to be that I found this site the way I did.

Anyhoo, thanks again to All.

tsptalk
06-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Mr. 3000?