PDA

View Full Version : G-fund questions

2moryrs
03-13-2007, 11:40 AM
Hello - I joined in January. I have been trying to figure out the timing on making changes to my TSP account. I am in the Pacific time zone and have not been successful in getting my changes in to take advantage of a penny here and a penny there. Would appreciate some help in this area.

Thanks.

tsptalk
03-14-2007, 08:25 AM
Welcome 2 moryrs. Is it the timing of the G fund penny that you are trying to figure out, or getting your transfer in on time to make effective the following day?

Tom

Gaetaone
03-14-2007, 08:34 AM
Welcome aboard... We West/Left Coasters have to make changes by 0900 Pacific Time.... Best to be a few minutes before to make sure they go through...

The question on when the penny pays is a matter of much consternation and debate. Best to follow the talk and make your call. There's some incredibly smart people here abouts that provide tremendous insight and advice.

Happy Hunting

John

2moryrs
03-14-2007, 04:11 PM
Hello - No not specifically the G-fund penny. Example: on 3/12 put in interfund transfer request which did not process until and become effective on 3/14. So there you go, I wasted a whole days "wealth" accumulation for not!

So I guess just the timing in general. Is that 0900 a.m. PT? I am guessing so as that is military time format?

Thank you for helping. I am not so clever about this financial hoopla, but I want to get out of here in two years so not much time left to make my fortune!

Colleen

tsptalk
03-14-2007, 04:13 PM
The general rule is, if the transfer is made prior to the 12 noon ET deadline, the new allocation will take affect the next day. After the deadline it takes another day.

2moryrs
03-15-2007, 03:37 PM
Thank you! that helps to know that. Maybe I will try to make changes from home when I am thinking of making a change.

Colleen