PDA

View Full Version : What Are Your Hobbies or Interests?

Rod
03-03-2007, 10:18 AM
Besides investing/trading, my current and past hobbies include:

- Metal Detecting

- Theology / Bible Study

- Flying (Only graduated ground school... still awaiting "stick time"!)

- Reading, I do LOTSA reading!

- Coins, Baseball Cards (Currently inactive and in "the attic")

- Camping, outdoors- LOVE those mountains!

- Guitar / Drums

- Meteorology

God Bless:)

ChemEng
03-03-2007, 10:24 AM
Right now I spend my free time (what little I got anyways):

1. Playing board games. (Bonaparte at Marengo, Combat Commander: Europe, and Twilight Struggle are my recent favorites if anyone is interested.)
2. Tracking my 2 tv shows--Heroes and Lost. I love Heroes, and I just want to see how Lost resolves itself.
3. Movies. The wife and I hit ~2 movies or so a month. Next week is 300 showing in IMAX. I cant wait!
4. Home repairs. I figure as much time as I am spending doing it, I might as well call it a hobby. :)

Rod
03-03-2007, 10:27 AM
Speaking of TV shows, I can't enough of:

Prison Break

:cool:

ChemEng
03-03-2007, 10:32 AM
I was never a 24 guy. I tried to watch the first season, but had trouble swallowing the pill when his daughter got kidnapped twice in the same day. (if I remember right.)

I got into Prison Break for the first half of the first season, but it lost me after they actually broke out. Is there a reason to call it Prison Break anymore? :)

nnuut
03-03-2007, 10:32 AM
RED WINE:D
TSP:rolleyes:
Drywalling:mad:

CountryBoy
03-03-2007, 10:52 AM
-Reading
-Outside Gardening/Landscaping just being on the farm

Rod, I used to collect baseball cards, but sold all but about 20 of my oldest, from the late 50's early 60's. I'm looking to sell those, but no one like the old cards anymore.

-TSP and Stocks, late bloomer .

CB

Spaf
03-03-2007, 10:56 AM
RED WINE
TSP
Drywalling

How can drywalling be a hobby....??.....:suspicious:......:laugh:

rondalw
03-03-2007, 10:56 AM
Various hobbies now that I am retired:
Fishing
Hunting
Garden
Remodeling home (measure twice still cut wrong)
Grandson

nnuut
03-03-2007, 10:58 AM
How can drywalling be a hobby....??.....:suspicious:......:laugh:
Must be a hobby! I do it all the time lately! No Sir, I don't Like It!:mad:

weatherweenie
03-03-2007, 11:28 AM
Besides investing/trading, my hobbies/interests vary.

They are as follows, in no particular order:

- Theology / Bible Study

- Flying (Only graduated ground school... still awaiting "stick time"!)

- Reading, I do LOTSA reading!

- Coins, Baseball Cards (Currently inactive and in "the attic")

- Camping, outdoors- LOVE the mountains!

God Bless:)

Biking. Particularly proud of completing the Triple Bypass which is a one day 120 mile bike ride with over 10,000 ft of climbing. http://teamevergreen.org/triple_bypass.htm

Trying to get into running, but I'm not sure my body can take the beating. I did complete my first 10km run last fall.

Raising my daughter.

Trying to do what's right and proper. :D

Griffin
03-03-2007, 06:23 PM
RED WINE:D
TSP:rolleyes:
Drywalling:mad:

Drywalling........yeah, I got about 40 sheets left to hang on my current home project. I feel about it the same way you do. But, I have a little bit of plumbing and electric to finish up first.

However, there is a cool part of this project -I have been working on a home network. I've installed remodel box in all the main rooms and bedrooms and I am running two cat 5e lines to a "mechancial room" (really an area) in the basement and an RG6 line culminating in the attic. The idea is to have Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) hard line and seperate network hardline in each room. I am setting the house up for satellite, but I suspect that in the future cable modems and u-tube type website will replace all the cable and satellite providers (decade or more away). This home network has really had a steep learning curve. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

tsptalk
03-03-2007, 06:40 PM
Some of my hobbies have gone by the wayside since TSP Talk started, but:

- I used to be an avid poker player. Now just whenever I can get away.
- I collect art (my wife and I own an art and antiques gallery).
- I coach my 12 y/o son's baseball team. He played in 4 different leagues last year so that is time consuming.
- I have season tickets to our local college basketball team's games. They won their conference so they get to host their conference tournament this week. Go Weber! (Weber State).

Rod
03-03-2007, 07:46 PM
I am also an avid wx weenie.

I assume you are too, weatherweenie!;)

Show-me
03-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Drywalling............do we all do it and hate it? I say yes to the hate it.

Being with my wife and sons is number one.

Movies- can't wait for 300 to come out. Departed was awesome!

Retirement- can't wait for MRA to be lowered. LOL

Hunting- Only turkey hunt. Wife hates deer meat. Squirrels, rabbits, quail are too cute to eat (wife again) and turkeys are more of a challenge. Tried to raise and eat tame rabbit, but.............wife again.

Fishing- Don't get to do enough of it and the pond is 150 yards from the house.

Gotta horse now.................yea! Eats a ton of hay and poops a lot. Poop will be good for the tomatoes this year.

GGal
03-03-2007, 09:23 PM
1. Landscaping - I have daylilies in every color!
2. Playing with my Golden Retriever, Bubba - I love his big brown eyes!
3. My beautiful children and grandchildren.
4. Antiquing.
5. Traveling.
6. Movies - I really liked "We are Marshall." I liked The Departed also, but it was too violent.
7. TV-Days of our Lives, and Everybody Loves Raymond, and Law and Order
8. Riding in the boat.
9. Fighting. My husband says that I really like a good fight. He says I'd argue with a signpost. Maybe that's why I keep running 'em off.
10. Decorating.

GA

350zCommTech
03-03-2007, 10:03 PM
This home network has really had a steep learning curve. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Are you using a home network box from Home Depot? I have a home network also. I have computers and home theater PCs hooked up to all my TVs. I'm also using VOIP(Vonage). The problem with VOIP for me is the bottle neck with Comcast's upload speed. I wish I can get get FIOS in my area.

Sounds like you're planning on running Gigabit Lan? If you got kids you might want setup a domain server and proxy server so you can restrict their access and block out sites like Myspace.com.:D

Fivetears
03-03-2007, 11:24 PM
Autobody.
Automechanics.
Home Improvement.
Anything involving building / making / repairing stuff.

ChemEng
03-03-2007, 11:50 PM
However, there is a cool part of this project -I have been working on a home network.

Shame we all live so far apart. We could get together a couple weekends and get all the drywalling that needs to be done done in no time!

I thought about installing network lines throughout the house (also 5.1 line drops). I just couldnt justify the cost given that I live in rural Kentucky. It would be nice while Im here, but I doubt it would add value for 99% of the people in my area when I go to sell it.

Griffin
03-04-2007, 06:31 AM
Are you using a home network box from Home Depot? I have a home network also. I have computers and home theater PCs hooked up to all my TVs. I'm also using VOIP(Vonage). The problem with VOIP for me is the bottle neck with Comcast's upload speed. I wish I can get get FIOS in my area.

Sounds like you're planning on running Gigabit Lan? If you got kids you might want setup a domain server and proxy server so you can restrict their access and block out sites like Myspace.com.:D

Right now I have the wire and the boxes and I am starting to pull wire (I have all my runs drilled and channels layed out, but I have not purchased the hardware. I was looking at diagram with Verizon, and supposedly they will provide the DSL Modem and VOIP converter box (this saves me from having to purchase all new VOIP phones). Actually, I have been more focused on the cables then the system since I am in the process of opening, closing and moving walls.

I have not purchased a router or a server. Initially, I was going to use a desktop to substitute as the server. I was considering purchasing a seperate computer to use as a server, so I could store music and video on it and have the capability to pump it to any room in the house via the network and also for controlling internet access (for exactly the reason you stated).

What is the difference between a domain server and proxy server, couldn't one computer serve to provide storage space, be the network control server and control the DSL Modem/internet (this is all new to me and I could use the help).

My comptuter skills/knowledge is fairly limited. I am fairly adept at adding hardware (drives and cards) and I can maintain and upgrade operating systems and software. But I don't have any real knowledge of installing or building a network (I believe in learning by doing).

350z your advice and help is greatly appreciated.

ChemEng - I'm not really looking at this portion of the project from return on investment perspective since I fully expect to retire in my current home 20 years from now (My wife's pension is rooted locally so there is no moving from our current area and I'm done having kids...the house is big enough). If you think you are going to be in your house for a while, consider that 10 years ago, most people were still scoffing at the concept that the internet would become ubiquitously accepted as a part of everday life...but here we are today. I expect that in the future, hardwire networks are going to add significant value to a home because of interference from wireless systems. On the east coast you can go just about anywhere in suburbia and piggy back off of someones home wireless network. It's just a matter of time before that spreads throughout the US and all kinds of unexpected issues begin to develop.

mailmanusa
03-04-2007, 07:12 AM
Autobody.
Automechanics.
Home Improvement.
Anything involving building / making / repairing stuff.

DITTO:) Never could afford to pay others to fix my stuff so had to learn to do it myself. Its a pleasure to fix something with a $10 part that would have otherwise cost $200. Diagnosis us usually 90% of the solution.

IllinifanMichael
04-06-2007, 01:03 PM
Almost every sport... I play golf way to much and some tennis. I love the University of Illinois athletic teams, men and woman's. My wife and I go to the events somewhat regularly. Then Southern Illinois where daughter graduated from, then Loyola of Chicago where oldest son graduated from.

Chicago Bears, Cubs, White Sox, Blackhawks, Bulls........ we go to some games but mostly watch on TV.

Collecting Department 56 Christmas in the City series. We have around 50 buildngs and growing every year. I put up a village right after Thanksgiving until New Years Day.

Travelling, last place we went was on a cruise to Central America, Panama Canal was highlight of trip.

BBQing, We love to barbeque year round, even in snow and rain. Amazingly enough we haven't met a food yet we can't cook on a grill.

Tempest
04-06-2007, 01:20 PM
Italian Motorcycles and travel.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/Tempest555/untitled.jpg

GGal
04-06-2007, 09:26 PM
11. I collect husbands.

GA

Wolverine
04-07-2007, 04:42 PM
11. I collect husbands.

GA

LOL

Ya have quite a variety of them collected now over the years do Ya?

GGal
04-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Enough to know that I really don't ever want another one!

In my mind, 3 strikes, you're out.

LOL!
GA

Wolverine
04-07-2007, 06:49 PM
I do the 1 Strike and your out. Don't play the games and don't have the time for them either.

Nuff said.

LOL

James48843
04-07-2007, 08:10 PM
I get a lift from my hobby-

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s304/James48843/RX-7.jpg

It's a real uplifting expereince.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s304/James48843/S_PassPicnic_Church_shots_balloon_s.jpg

Tempest
04-07-2007, 08:19 PM
Oh my! Now that IS some hobby!!!

GGal
04-08-2007, 06:25 AM
Enough to know that I really don't ever want another one!

In my mind, 3 strikes, you're out.

LOL!
GA

That didn't quite come out right. I still have the 3rd one. He is the best yet. But they are all flawed.

Hey, I've always wanted to ride in a hot air baloon!

GA

Tempest
04-08-2007, 12:56 PM
Collecting husbands is cheaper then collecting wives. I quit after 2 wives.

GGal
04-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Smart move. Women are demanding, whiny things. We want everything our way. What's yours is mine, and what's mine is mine. And don't ever forget, women are like buses, another one comes along every 15 minutes. And it doesn't matter whether you (the man) are handsome or homely......there's always a woman out there looking for a man.

GA

Tempest
04-08-2007, 03:09 PM
......there's always a woman out there looking for a man.
GA

Yeah-that's what scares me.:D

Birchtree
04-08-2007, 05:16 PM
I only collect classic Honey Wilder films.

Rod
11-09-2008, 09:50 AM
BUMPED FOR NEWBIES:cool:

XL-entLady
11-09-2008, 10:05 AM
Now THIS is a fun thread! And not controversial. I think. :rolleyes: We might be able to make anything into a debate.:laugh:

My latest interest is the Kindle that was waiting for me when I arrived back home last night from my latest project. It is too cool for words! I already have nine books downloaded into it. And it's so light that even as sore as I am right now, I can hold it and turn the pages easily! And it's easy on the eyes like paper, not harsh like a monitor display!

Books! And more books! And newspapers and magazines and more at my fingertips! Life doesn't get any better than this!! :cool:

Can you tell I like my Kindle? :D

Lady

ATCJeff
11-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Flying
Storm Chasing
Sports
Remodeling

New one maybe: just started to research Hang Gliding

McDuck
11-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Playing music. Walking my springer spaniel.

Buster
11-09-2008, 01:03 PM
A life long Hobby of mine has been Collecting and Restoring to like new working and looking Condition...

ATWATER KENT RADIOs (circa 1920's)

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/Atwater/MVC-003F-4.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/Atwater/MVC-004F-6.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/Atwater/MVC-005F-2.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/Atwater/MVC-010F-1.jpg

Buster
11-09-2008, 01:07 PM
Continued....

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/Atwater/MVC-009F-5.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/Atwater/MVC-006F-3.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/Atwater/MVC-007F-4.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/Atwater/MVC-008F-4.jpg

XL-entLady
11-09-2008, 02:33 PM
A life long Hobby of mine has been Collecting and Restoring to like new working and looking Condition...

ATWATER KENT RADIOs (circa 1920's)

Buster, that is SO-O-O cool! :cool::cool: And here I thought you were just another pretty face! :laugh: (October avatar reference :D)

Lady

James48843
11-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Here ya go Buster:

A Model 42 is up on Ebay right now...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Atwater-Kent-Model-42-Radio-E2-Speaker-Good-Free-Ship_W0QQitemZ140279384303QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item140279384303&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18

Buster
11-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Here ya go Buster:

A Model 42 is up on Ebay right now...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Atwater-Kent-Model-42-Radio-E2-Speaker-Good-Free-Ship_W0QQitemZ140279384303QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item140279384303&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18

Thanks Jim..I have a 42 right now in stages of restoration...I have almost every radio AK made in the 20's

Thanks Lady...I think:suspicious::D

Rod
11-09-2008, 06:37 PM
That is quite cool, Buster! And it's something you can look forward to every day, especially since it isn't a quick turn-around project, I'm sure. It's something you can take your sweet ole time on, and pride in.

Those pics truly show your workmanship. Nicely done!

Rod
11-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Now THIS is a fun thread! And not controversial. I think. :rolleyes: We might be able to make anything into a debate.:laugh:

My latest interest is the Kindle that was waiting for me when I arrived back home last night from my latest project. It is too cool for words! I already have nine books downloaded into it. And it's so light that even as sore as I am right now, I can hold it and turn the pages easily! And it's easy on the eyes like paper, not harsh like a monitor display!

Books! And more books! And newspapers and magazines and more at my fingertips! Life doesn't get any better than this!! :cool:

Can you tell I like my Kindle? :D

Lady

I just may pick up a Kindle once the price falls below $100 in a couple years.

Buster
11-09-2008, 08:15 PM
I just may pick up a Kindle once the price falls below $100 in a couple years.
I had to Google this thing you call "Kindle"

very interesting and useful if you are crazy about reading a lot..:blink:

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Amazons-Wireless-Reading-Device/dp/B000FI73MA

Buster
11-09-2008, 08:17 PM
That is quite cool, Buster! And it's something you can look forward to every day, especially since it isn't a quick turn-around project, I'm sure. It's something you can take your sweet ole time on, and pride in.

Those pics truly show your workmanship. Nicely done!

Rod, you maybe be interested to know..I got the big floor model from a little old second hand store there in Jasper Indiana....I think the year was 1981 when I bought it there.

PessOptimist
11-09-2008, 09:04 PM
However, there is a cool part of this project -I have been working on a home network.

Sounds like you have the cable dragging part down. That's the part I really hate since I can't crawl around in attics too well anymore.

Some thoughts are:

Terminate the RG-6 coax in the attic to some sort of a panel with F female-female bulkhead connectors. Have extra connectors available for the coax from the sat dish when it is installed.

If doing the terminations yourself, invest in an inexpensive coax stripper and a crimper for the F connectors. Use crimp connectors and not the screw in type

In most cases each satellite reciever you have will need a "copper" connection to the LBA on the dish for control and power to the LBA - in other words no splitters between the dish and the receiver. When you have the dish installed have the installer run the coax from ALL (even if not being used) connectors on the dish to your atttic panel and then have him/her make jumpers to the connector for the run to each room where the receivers are going to be. The installer may whine but let em whine. Most I have dealt with want to drop a coax on the ground and run it through an open window to the receiver.

(am I ever gonna hear from CATV installers)

I think I am about out of space so I'll send another reply about the cat5e.

You probably know all this stuff all ready. Just my thoughts.

PessOptimist
11-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Griffin

For the cat 5e cables, same thing, terminate them in a patch panel of some kind in your "mechanical room". I would suggest you call it the "MDF" or main distribution frame.

All runs should be 300 feet or less. The actual spec is 100m between devices but 300 ft allows for patch cables.

Terminate all in house wiring strictly to EIA 568A or 568B. (if ya don't know, google it or feel free to ask here or PM me) One or the other. One consideration is that 568A allows you to easily use the second pair of wires with a standard RJ-11 telephone modular plug. With either standard the first pair (blue/white-blue) works with a RJ-11.

The reason for mentioning telephone is that I believe you said that Verizon was providing a VOIP converter box so your POTS phones will work. Your existing phone wiring can be used from the output of this box to your phones.

Four, six or eight port routers are relatively cheap and one will be needed for your system. As far as a server - I'm no expert but initially I would just set the network up with the puters you have and make sure only the directories you want shared are shared. Go from there.

Wish I had wired my house for ethernet while it was being built in '98. Spent too much time documenting the screwups and empty beer cans/liquor bottles at the site to get to it. Besides, who will ever want more than one computer?:)

Dave

PessOptimist
11-09-2008, 11:00 PM
I got real excited about Griffin's wiring and forgot what this thread (tread?) is about

Used to have a bunch, then got married again so now it's earning money to be spent by lovely wife.

1. DIY home repairs (do not we all have this hobby?)

2. Home weather station and trying to figure out where to place the sensors and please the neighborhood protective association, the wife and CWOP. I'm too lazy to build a Stevenson Screen. (If ya didn't understand, ya ain't got tha hobby)

Buster, WOW. Someone else who has seen a tube outside a museum and from the bottom. Bet you even know how to solder bro:D!

How about a Columbia Graphophone? Not really a hobby, inherited one cause no sibling wanted it. The few cylinders left are deteriorating rapidly.
Anyone know?

Dave

Rod
11-10-2008, 09:30 AM
Rod, you maybe be interested to know..I got the big floor model from a little old second hand store there in Jasper Indiana....I think the year was 1981 when I bought it there.

Interesting! Please tell me the story behind it, if you don't mind.

What brought you there, and what store was it?

Rod
11-10-2008, 09:32 AM
BTW Buster, I can just smell that smell of antiquity your radios must radiate!

Gosh, I just love that old timey smell!:cool:

Buster
11-10-2008, 02:38 PM
BTW Buster, I can just smell that smell of antiquity your radios must radiate!

Gosh, I just love that old timey smell!:cool:Funny you should say that..the radio Museum room does have a smell of old antique furniture..it especially smells antique after I lemon oil everything..:)

I don't remember the name of the store..other than it was old antiques and stuff..barn wood floors, outside was pretty rustic too.. and the radio was tucked way back in the corner where I suspect it had been sitting for a very long time unnoticed...When you came into Jasper from the West, from Huntingburg, you took a south fork of a wye in the street, just past a Yamaha Dealer..it was about another mile or more to the South East as I recall...Been too long ago to be certain..

Frixxxx
11-10-2008, 02:53 PM
Griffin

For the cat 5e cables, same thing, terminate them in a patch panel of some kind in your "mechanical room". I would suggest you call it the "MDF" or main distribution frame.........
Dave
Um, Wasn't Griff's project back in 2007? I mean nice advice but I hope Griff has the cabling done by now!!!!!

Steadygain
11-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Earliest hobby is probably playing guitar - which was largely inspired by Bob Dylan, the Beatles, and mostly Jimi Hendrix.

In the 10th grade a teacher got each of us to come up with a life goal; something we will ultimately want to achieve or accomplish.
"To know the brain through and through; so I could understand the basis for our thoughts and emotions and know exactly why people think and behave as they do". I guess to this day it has been the core behind most of what I continue doing with my life.

Perhaps discovering BONDS and growing in them. This is something that I have a knack for - even with animals (especially dogs).

Finding a deeper meaning in Life - knowing God more fully - and finding how and why we are connected. I'd say that's a hobby I've naturally stumbled upon.

Pestering some (usually unintentionally) and lifting others up.

I'd have to say that women in general have a chemisty that I'm drawn to and appreciate - so may be being for real and allowing that chemistry to blossom is a hobby - especially in something like a MB forum. Yet in the same light good connections with guys is equally good - as long as it's quality stuff.

Hum...Social Studies events like Financial Markets; Politics; Religion and the emerging changes by which our society is based OR where it is headed...

Buster
11-10-2008, 03:16 PM
I'd have to say that women in general have a chemisty that I'm drawn to and appreciate -...

Yeah man, I sorta dig their Chemistry too...:nuts:

Frixxxx
11-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Earliest hobby is probably playing guitar - which was largely inspired by Bob Dylan, the Beatles, and mostly Jimi Hendrix.

I'd have to say that women in general have a chemisty that I'm drawn to and appreciate - so may be being for real and allowing that chemistry to blossom is a hobby - especially in something like a MB forum. Yet in the same light good connections with guys is equally good - as long as it's quality stuff.

Hum...Social Studies events like Financial Markets; Politics; Religion and the emerging changes by which our society is based OR where it is headed...

Yeah man, I sorta dig their Chemistry too...:nuts:
Thanks guys...here's the song you got stuck in my head:

Don't know much about history
Don't know much biology
Don't know much about a science book
Don't know much about the french I took

But I do know that I love you
And I know that if you love me too
What a wonderful world this would be

Don't know much about geography
Don't know much trigonometry
Don't know much about algebra
Don't know what a slide rule is for

But I do know that one and one is two
And if this one could be with you

Now I don't claim to be an "A" student
But I'm trying to be
So maybe by being an "A" student baby
I can win your love for me

Don't know much about history
Don't know much biology
Don't know much about a science book
Don't know much about the french I took

La ta ta ta ta ta ta
(History)
Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh
(Biology)
La ta ta ta ta ta ta
(Science book)
Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh
(French I took)

What a wonderful world this would be!

PessOptimist
11-10-2008, 03:56 PM
Um, Wasn't Griff's project back in 2007? I mean nice advice but I hope Griff has the cabling done by now!!!!!

I could come up with a lotta excuses but instead I believe I will just go sit in the time out chair for about...say six months, sit back, shutup, watch and try to learn:embarrest:

Steadygain
11-10-2008, 04:00 PM
Very Cool Frixxx :cool::cool:

That floods me with "Duke Duke Duke Duke of Earl" and many others back in the glorous days when songs like that were trend.

Beach Boys; Sea of Love; Walk Like a Man;

gosh all kinds of them.

Have to say Diana Ross was really big to me; cause she's the first Black Woman that made me realize how beautiful and sexy a 'black' woman could be. Ump...I thought she was hot. :p:)

Anyway thanks for the memories....

Frixxxx
11-10-2008, 04:12 PM
Very Cool Frixxx :cool:

That floods me with "Duke Duke Duke Duke of Earl" and many others back in the glorous days when songs like that were trend.

Beach Boys; Sea of Love; Walk Like a Man;

gosh all kinds of them.

Have to say Diana Ross was really big to me; cause she's the first Black Woman that made me realize how beautiful and sexy a 'black' woman could be. Ump...I thought she was hot.

Anyway thanks for the memories....
Don't forget Grand Funk Railroad...Some kinda Wonderful!

That's one I sing to my wife ALL the time!!!!:nuts:

Frixxxx
11-10-2008, 04:14 PM
I could come up with a lotta excuses but instead I believe I will just go sit in the time out chair for about...say six months, sit back, shutup, watch and try to learn:embarrest:
Dude....I hope you know that was just a rub my friend!!!:D

No disrespect intended:blink:

PessOptimist
11-10-2008, 04:32 PM
[quote=Frixxxx;193527]Dude....I hope you know that was just a rub my friend!!!:D

No disrespect intended/quote]

And a well deserved rub it was:laugh:

Looking at the date of a post on a MB is a pretty basic thing to do before replying at length. My embarrassment knows no bounds at this moment:embarrest:

Blame it on boredom while burning use/lose and maybe some malted adult beverages:D

Rod
11-10-2008, 04:42 PM
Funny you should say that..the radio Museum room does have a smell of old antique furniture..it especially smells antique after I lemon oil everything..:)

I don't remember the name of the store..other than it was old antiques and stuff..barn wood floors, outside was pretty rustic too.. and the radio was tucked way back in the corner where I suspect it had been sitting for a very long time unnoticed...When you came into Jasper from the West, from Huntingburg, you took a south fork of a wye in the street, just past a Yamaha Dealer..it was about another mile or more to the South East as I recall...Been too long ago to be certain..

Humm, I was thinking it may have been a store on the town square, especially Sturm's Hardware. That store would meet the description. I know the "Y" you are talking about, and I believe I remember where that Yamaha dealer was. Out of all the stores on the town square from the early 80's, Sturm's could have been it. Do you recall if it was on the square? BTW, here is a live shot of the sqaure from the south. Sturm's is tucked in the SE corner.

http://www.opentopia.com/showcam.php?id=3119&time=1165958485

You will want to click on it during daylight hours.