Rod
03-01-2007, 11:05 AM
Nibbling...

75% G fund
25% I Fund

WELCOME!:cool:

tsptalk
03-01-2007, 11:54 AM
I actually got an email today saying, "don't you feel 25% in I fund a bit aggressive due to china market unstablness?"

It's been a long time since I have been called aggressive. Feels good. :)

Rod
03-01-2007, 11:56 AM
I actually got an email today saying, "don't you feel 25% in I fund a bit aggressive due to china market unstablness?"

You risk-taker YOU!!! :D

weatherweenie
03-01-2007, 11:59 AM

:laugh: Further proof that you can't please all the people all the time. :rolleyes:

tsptalk
03-01-2007, 12:01 PM
By the way, I sent the email alert at 11:40 ET and I know it takes time for the 12,000+ emails to be sent. I am going to get inundated with emails from angry people saying they got it too late, etc. It's already started.

These are not message board members as you can see I posted my transfer at 11:42. I'm not sure how to avoid this unless I never make my changes after 10 am. It doesn't seem fair but I understand their concern.

Any suggestions?

Rod
03-01-2007, 12:14 PM
If they are relying on YOU for their moves through your alerts, then you should charge them.

It isn't fair to you for them to be ticked off simply b/c they did not receive your alert in time in order for them to IFT.

At least this would cut down on the number of alerts you send out.

Have two separate alert lists...

"Regular"

"Paid", being they get emailed first.

Or simply send out a disclaimer to everyone on your alert list, then leave that disclaimer at the top of each subsequent alert you send.

My 2 cents

Wheels
03-01-2007, 12:30 PM
By the way, I sent the email alert at 11:40 ET and I know it takes time for the 12,000+ emails to be sent. I am going to get inundated with emails from angry people saying they got it too late, etc. It's already started.

These are not message board members as you can see I posted my transfer at 11:42. I'm not sure how to avoid this unless I never make my changes after 10 am. It doesn't seem fair but I understand their concern.

Any suggestions?

I know you have heard this from me before but I don't think you should send out alerts. If they have time to check their e-mail just before noon then they certainly have time to check the website. Be sure to put it on the front page so they don't have to gp to the MB. You can put all the disclaimers you want on those e-mails, but eventually some idiot is going to try to sue you claiming they lost all their money because you told them to put all their money in the S fund and they thought you were somehow associated with TSP. Sound far fetched - the woman who sued McDonalds because her hot coffee was too hot is but one example of many.

nnuut
03-01-2007, 12:34 PM
Nibbling...

75% G fund
25% I Fund
Phew!!!! Glad I got out, just in the nick if time too!:eek: :laugh:

poolman
03-01-2007, 12:53 PM

Any suggestions?

In times of uncertainty, even you should be able to have late minute decision's. You are not going to be able to please everyone. No matter what you do or when you do it people are going to be pleased or displeased with you.

Send another e-mail alert stating extreme circumstances and unfortunate timing can influence alerts. Just as it did today. Honestly is the best policy.

ATCJeff
03-01-2007, 02:28 PM

Any suggestions?

Do away with email alerts. If they wanna play they gotta join!

Birchtree
03-01-2007, 03:29 PM
Simply tell them all to monitor Birchtree - he rarely trades. Be right and sit tight.

tsptalk
03-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Nibbling...

75% G fund
25% I Fund
Japan down 1.5% out of the gate tonight. :eek:

weatherweenie
03-01-2007, 07:01 PM

If that holds, you think you'll get apology emails from those that gave you grief about not being notified of your move sooner?

tsptalk
03-01-2007, 07:08 PM
If that holds, you think you'll get apology emails from those that gave you grief about not being notified of your move sooner?
I doubt it, but at least it should stop the complaining. :)

vectorman
03-01-2007, 07:52 PM

Any suggestions?

I like Wheels idea best about putting your move on the front title page. I dropped your e-mail alerts along time ago, they were not timely enough, nothing personel, I understood how busy you were. When your site gets slammed with alot of viewers between 11:30 to 12est it sometimes can move pretty slow even with high speed. Your first page comes up fairly quick, but then it takes me 3 clicks to get to your actual move posting; sometimes with a delay. I have always found your moves, but seeing it on the front page right before the dead line would be more helpful.

vectorman
03-01-2007, 07:57 PM

looks like the dollar may not help either. I'm with you but not as much. Glad to see you jumping back on that stock horse again. Gitty up. :laugh:

tsptalk
03-01-2007, 08:21 PM
It may be a quick ride.

vectorman
03-01-2007, 08:35 PM
It may be a quick ride.

At least your in the saddle, now get your 8 seconds in.:nuts:

Japan second session may go back up to even.
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=%5EN300

Australia back up to flat. Also look at China, Singapore and Taiwan.
http://www.allstocks.com/markets/World_Charts/world_charts.html