PDA

View Full Version : TERRORISM

08-26-2004, 08:56 AM
All,

To me this looks like a high coordinated event that reminds me so much of our attack. Planes going down the same time from the same airport within minutes of each other. I could see one plane crash but two??? I would like to see those odds. Hoo humm, I guess. Hmm they have an election five days but I guess that means nothing. Can anyone say SPAIN again?

I am very surprised all the world markets are just shrugging it off. Are we really that "not in our backyard" who cares?

To me this is a major reason for the U.S. market to be selling off. But it rallied yesterday and today is flat so far. I covered my two shorts (SOXX and QQQ). I hate this market :X.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&u=/ap/20040826/ap_on_re_eu/russia_plane_crash_30&printer=1

Good hunting!

MT

tsptalk
08-26-2004, 09:16 AM
We sold off on the Spain attack but the losses were recovered within days. We actually recovered all of the 9/11 losses within two months. Of course the bear market continued after that. This phase of a bull market is a bit more forgiving and it tends to shrugg off bad news.

Back in March to June it was bad news is bad news, good news is bad news. Remember the market fell and put in lows on both the weak jobs report in March and the strong jobs report in May. Ironically, this recent low was a result of the recent weak jobs report but this time we are seeing it get shrugged off. The next phase has begun. Good and bad news now gives buying opps.

But I digress. Back to terrorism...

08-26-2004, 09:23 AM
Tom,

There is no volume. It is the little guys driving this market up. I am worried the big guys and mutuals funds are going to come in and sell to lock up a gain for the year and we will be left holding the bag.

Like I have been saying there is no insider buying just selling. If the insiders are selling at these levels what does that tell you?

I am more bearish because of the volume and it feels like we are going to get the rug pulled out from under us.

What do you think?

MT

Here is an example: Oracle at the 52 week low - here is the activity (62M shares SOLD):

Net Shares Purchased
(Sold)
(61,995,000)

Total Insider Shares Held
N/A
N/A

% Net Shares Purchased
(Sold)
(4.5
N/A

tsptalk
08-26-2004, 07:29 PM
MT -

August is historically the lowest volume month of the year but this year it is higher than a typical August.

The glass is half full. :)