PDA

View Full Version : Interview

tsptalk
02-07-2007, 11:48 AM
I was contacted by someone who wants to interview 3 people for an article they are doing on the TSP. They picked me, a young lady who just started her TSP investing, and they asked me if I knew of someone else...

"I’m still looking for a third person, I’m thinking an SES [Senior Executive Service] or someone with a lot of money saved. So if you have any suggestions, send them my way!"

I'm thinking there are of few TSP Talk members who are either SES or have accounts over $400K - 500K. If anyone is interested, please let me know via email or PM ASAP. Obviously I'd like it to be someone who is pro-TSP Talk, just in case they are asked. :D

By the way, they said they will send a photographer to take photos of you should you take the assignment. :cool:

Thanks,
Tom

ATCJeff
02-07-2007, 12:25 PM
Tom you gonna provide talking points?:D :D

tsptalk
02-07-2007, 02:11 PM
They actually emailed me the questions. Very general investment type questions.

I think we have our man. Wheels has volunteered.

I know you got a third person. If they wanted a fourth I would be interested

Rod
03-07-2007, 09:26 PM
When/where can we expect to see this in print?

Tempest
03-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Like we use to say in the Air Force when I went through OCS-"You wanna glow-you don't wanna shine."
TSPTalk is getting on the radar screen-Good or Bad? How we do our "trades'?
The dreaded 'ACCESS DENIED' black screen of death? Who knows?:suspicious:
I cringe everytime I read what a great retirement plan we have.

I see a wireless card in my future-or taking my iBook with it's Airport Extreme to work.

Rod
03-07-2007, 10:40 PM
Like we use to say in the Air Force when I went through OCS-"You wanna glow-you don't wanna shine."
TSPTalk is getting on the radar screen-Good or Bad? How we do our "trades'?
The dreaded 'ACCESS DENIED' black screen of death? Who knows?:suspicious:
I cringe everytime I read what a great retirement plan we have.

I see a wireless card in my future-or taking my iBook with it's Airport Extreme to work.

Yeah... being in the AF is my "part time" job.

Being a moderator on TSP Talk is my "full time" job!:D

tsptalk
03-09-2007, 09:33 PM
When/where can we expect to see this in print?
I was told it would be on govexec.com on March 15th

oreo
03-15-2007, 10:37 AM
That's today.

tsptalk
03-15-2007, 10:43 AM
Now I hear it will be in the Gov Exec magazine first, then on the website. I don't get the magazine so I don't know what's happening.

tsptalk
03-19-2007, 11:28 AM
The Zealous Web Guy (http://www.govexec.com/features/0307-15/0307-15s1s1.htm)

FundSurfer
03-19-2007, 12:45 PM
Too bad they don't say what the date of the interview is. Both you and wheels were in the safe heaven.

jayhawker
03-19-2007, 01:07 PM
That's it??? Not exactly the in-depth interview I was expecting.

Free advertising though. :)

tsptalk
03-19-2007, 01:56 PM
Too bad they don't say what the date of the interview is. Both you and wheels were in the safe heaven.
I know. I contacted them about that a week or so ago to ask if they could post the date of the interview because of the new developments but I was told it had already been gone to publishing (the magazine).

tsptalk
03-19-2007, 02:00 PM

Free advertising though. :)
I know. Not too many questions. I thought the article might go more into TSP participants in general - not 3 different articles. They sent a photographer from 40-50 miles away from my home, took dozens of pics with all kinds of equipment. All for a couple of questions. Seems excessive but I'll take it. I still haven't seen the magazine layout.

Rod
03-19-2007, 03:01 PM

Same here.

tsptalk
03-19-2007, 07:44 PM
As short as it was, they actually shortened my answers.

Gaetaone
03-19-2007, 10:06 PM
Interesting... First time I looked at this site. Did anyone see this article?

http://www.govexec.com/features/0501/0501s1.htm

http://www.govexec.com/graphics/initials/t.gifrying to anticipate the ups and downs of the market, an Army civilian employee transferred his entire $200,000 federal Thrift Savings Plan account balance between funds more than seven times in 1998, rolling it in and out of the C Fund, which invests in stocks. During times he thought the market would be down, he took refuge in either the F Fund, which invests in bonds, or the G Fund, which invests in safe government securities. Financial planners would have warned against it. But nevertheless, this man rolled the dice-and he beat the market. He bested the C Fund's 1998 return-26 percent-by seven points, raking in a 33 percent increase in his TSP account balance. Using similar tactics the year before, he boosted his account by 50 percent, while the C Fund went up just 33 percent.

We need to get him on the TSPTalk Team....

Have a great evening

John

Gaetaone
03-19-2007, 10:07 PM
Ooops.... Article written in 2001.... He might be on the team already????

tsptalk
03-19-2007, 10:49 PM
That was 5 years before daily transactions and the transaction had to made 2 to 6 weeks before it took affect. Tough to do.

Rod
03-20-2007, 05:39 PM
That was 5 years before daily transactions and the transaction had to made 2 to 6 weeks before it took affect. Tough to do.

Yeah, he probably would not had made as much if he could had transferred daily!:D