PDA

View Full Version : Sirius

08-25-2004, 10:45 AM
Hey Rolo,

I love the XACT that Sirius is coming out with. Can't wait to get one. You think it will help your stocks?

M_M

08-25-2004, 11:16 AM
Milk,

The stock is crap but they could be bought out by a car company. They are losing money to get sports, concerts, etc. Hey they do not have commercials and they are not gaining new members. Mr Softy(Microsoft) the Walmart ofsoftware is looking to get in this space also. If you need to buy a stock look at Bank of America, FEDEX, Harley Davidson or Starbucks. I have done well with them and I am riding those horses now.

Good hunting!

MT

08-25-2004, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the info!

Rolo
08-25-2004, 05:52 PM
mlk_man wrote:

I love the XACT that Sirius is coming out with. Can't wait to get one. You think it will help your stocks?

heh, y'know, I own the stock, and I have the service, but I have no idea what you are talking about. :) I've had to put everything aside for a while.

I somewhat agree with MT. SIRI and XMSR are my "buy it now 'cos in a few years I will be kicking myself if I didn't" holdings. By no means are they short/intermediate-term momentum investments.

08-26-2004, 05:17 AM
Rolo,

A stock that has gone from $80 to $2.40 in 4 years is crap. They are losing market share to XM, have no earnings and are overpaying for their events. Their new membership is declining and they are paying a fortune for advertising. If Apple and Microsoft gets into this space this stock will go to under a dollar. I really see a cell phone company incorporating this into a cell phone unit. That is a great idea you carry your cell phone everywhere, plug it into your car stero and your home stereoand use those speakers. Hey do not take my idea.Get my hint, ifApple adds sat radio to their IPOD say goodbye to this stock.

There are so many good stocks or mutual funds to take the risk on this dog.

Good hunting!

MT

08-26-2004, 07:17 AM
Rolo wrote:

heh, y'know, I own the stock, and I have the service, but I have no idea what you are talking about. :) I've had to put everything aside for a while.

Here ya go brother: http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040824/nytu157_1.html

08-26-2004, 07:20 AM
MarketTimer wrote:
. I really see a cell phone company incorporating this into a cell phone unit. That is a great idea you carry your cell phone everywhere, plug it into your car stero and your home stereoand use those speakers.Ain't technology great! :^

08-26-2004, 07:27 AM
OK.

If insiders are selling (and not buying) at $2.40 per share, what does that tell you?

The incorrect answer, the stock is going up from here or the insiders believe in the companies prospects for the future.

Big black mark...insiders now hold - NOTA/ZERO/ZILCH. If the tops guys (the folks in the know) do not have a stack in the company that concerns me a little bit.

Also, what is sold on the Home Shopping Network? Crap. This service is going to be intigrated into a cell phone or IPOD.

Enough on this for me...go ahead and buy the stock and hold your nose, shut your eyes and pray. That is not the way to be a good investor.

Good hunting!

MT

Net Shares Purchased
(Sold)
(1,096,000)

Total Insider Shares Held
N/A
N/A

% Net Shares Purchased
(Sold)
(6.0
N/A

Net Institutional Purchases - Prior Qtr to Latest Qtr

Shares

Net Shares Purchased (Sold)
(4,822,000)

Rolo
08-26-2004, 08:23 PM
MarketTimer wrote:

OK.

If insiders are selling (and not buying) at $2.40 per share, what does that tell you?

It tells me that you only research to quantify your suppositions. If you scroll down a little past the part that you pasted, you will see that no insider sold at $2.40/share; the last insider transaction was:

7-May-04 MEYER, JAMES E. President 65,575 shares @ 3.23, for $211,807

and he still has 1.13M shares.

Insider selling is usually not a red flag. Perhaps the Pres. wanted a Bentley.

"N/A" means "Not Available" or "Not Applicable", not "None".

Insiders own 1.4% (not a lot, but not zero) of outstanding shares: http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ir?s=SIRI

Institutions own 29% and major funds own 29%.

Market cap today is $2.99B and SIRI assets are worth $2.75B.
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=SIRI

I seriously doubt that SIRI's orbital satellite network would soon become 'worthless'. I do not see SIRI's being bought out (something I had already considered) as a bad thing, as the absorbed company's stock usually increases in value.

Would I recommend buying SIRI right now? I cannot say, I really would not recommend buying anything right now. However, I do already hold it, so I will continue to hold it.

(My gut did tell me to sell at $4 in January, but I didn't--I did not know about the January Effect then.)