PDA

View Full Version : C-S-I funds

Spaf
08-22-2004, 09:55 PM
Have we hit bottom? Is the market moving back up?

I guess I will have to play a timing market?

tsptalk
08-23-2004, 12:29 AM
Welcome Spaf!

All we can do is guess and my best guess is yes. I really thought the May lows were going to be the lows for the year but the ever humbling market told me I was wrong. No one knows for sure but I have my money where my mouth is (what's left of it :D).

My market comments overthe past several weeks will tell you why I believe the lows are in... www.tsptalk.com/comments.html (http://www.tsptalk.com/comments.html).Prior comments can be found on the lower left of that page.

Tom

Rod
08-23-2004, 08:57 AM
I believe we have hit bottom too.

Rolo
08-23-2004, 11:25 PM
Spaf wrote:

Have we hit bottom?

Welcome, Spaf!

I can tell you're new 'cos only a new person would say that, hehehe.

fuzzduzz
08-24-2004, 07:48 AM
I think we're having an oversold bounce. There may be alittle left to the upside but not much in my opinion. The chart of the $USD looks very bullish (bad for the I fund) I stay away from the I fund for now.

In my humble opinion :end:

tsptalk
08-24-2004, 10:37 PM
fuzzduzz wrote:
I think we're having an oversold bounce. There may be alittle left to the upside but not much in my opinion. The chart of the $USD looks very bullish (bad for the I fund) I stay away from the I fund for now.

In my humble opinion :end:

I'm starting to suspect a pullback too but I still think the lows are in.

Rolo
08-24-2004, 11:01 PM
The mediocre volume leaves me apprehensive.

Spaf
08-24-2004, 11:40 PM
Rolo Hi!

No I'm not new. But I agree with you, I'm very apprehensive about the market and how it is treating our TSP investments. The long side looks bleek. The short side looks choppy. I liked 2003, but 2004 has been plagued with one problem after another, especially the oil impact. I feel that the G fund is the only safe haven for the long term (based on the current market). But, there are opportunities in the short term, we just have to be careful. This last ralley is basically the third strike. If the market doesn't respond. I can always go to the G fund, and see what happens. Ya I'll take a risk, but don't follow my advice. I am just not all that happy with the current events that effect my investments, and the G fund+contributions worked in the past.

Rod
08-26-2004, 03:38 PM
Despite all the "options chatter", today wasn't too bad at all.