PDA

View Full Version : Why We Want You to Be Rich.

Fivetears
01-19-2007, 06:26 PM
Why We Want You to Be Rich: Two Men - One Message
by Donald Trump, Robert T. Kiyosaki, Sharon Lechter, Meredith McIver
From the Publisher
The world is facing many challenges and one of them is financial. The entitlement mentality is epidemic, creating people who expect their countries, employers, or families to take care of them. Donald Trump and Robert Kiyosaki, both successful businessmen, are natural teachers and have joined forces to address these challenges. They believe you cannot solve money problems with money. You can only solve money problems with financial education. Trump and Kiyosaki want to teach you to be rich.

...a very good read and mind opener. Thanks Gilligan. :)
http://www.amazon.com/Why-We-Want-You-Rich/dp/1933914025

Gilligan
01-20-2007, 09:57 AM
...a very good read and mind opener. Thanks Gilligan. :)

Your welcome, these guys point out that we cannot rely on Social Security and we need to plan on funding our own retirement. I think everyone on this board is already doing that, but the majority of Americans are not.

Thank you Pyriel for recommending this book.

Birchtree
01-20-2007, 02:31 PM
It takes money to make money. Leave your kids an inheritance - that's how money grows.

Rod
01-20-2007, 07:35 PM
I Just finished the book. Not a bad read. But, it did seem to be an "informercial" for Kiyosaki's product line, did it not?

He plugged his products every chance he got.:p

Gilligan
01-31-2007, 10:50 PM
I Just finished the book. Not a bad read. But, it did seem to be an "informercial" for Kiyosaki's product line, did it not?

He plugged his products every chance he got.:p

Kiyosaki did refer to his other books but he mentioned several authors and their writings. One that he mentioned & that I just picked up is BUFFETTOLOGY by Mary Buffett, former daughter-in-law of Warren Buffet. Kiyosaki does not give you a blue print to riches, he is changing the way people think about money.

Birchtree, Kiyosaki did not inherit money from his dad, that is his "poor dad". He is actually a veteran.

Rod
01-31-2007, 11:06 PM
Kiyosaki did refer to his other books

Not only his books... his entire product line.;)

Smart marketing strategy though for "product placement"!

Gilligan
02-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Not only his books... his entire product line.;)

Smart marketing strategy though for "product placement"!

I don’t know if I would say his entire product line, as a good salesman and teacher he does push his educational products. He does not try to sell you his gold or silver even though me has some mines. I didn’t get the impression that he wanted to rent me an apartment even though he and his wife have over 1,000. I really do believe that he wants to educate people. His books are down to earth, he discusses his failures as well as his successes. I know first hand that there is money to be made in real estate.