PDA

View Full Version : Where does the money go?

fried13
03-12-2004, 01:17 PM
The wife puts in the max she can into her TSP, and the number of shares never really seems to change - what gives? We spread 20% to each fund for the last 6 months and did ok, now with the down turn, we lose almost daily on the last couple of weeks - but I would think there is some ofset with contributions every 2 weeks, but...

Thanks

tsptalk
03-12-2004, 02:10 PM
Welcomefried -

The official day your wife gets paid should be the day you see new shares in her account. They should be buying in accordance with her contribution allocation (not interfund transfer allocation). So if she is putting in $200 a paycheck and has it going to 50% G and 50% C fund, and the G fund is $10 a share and the C fund is $12, she should get 10 shares of G and 8.33 shares of C added to her account.

If she is not, I would contact the TSP office.

Tom

78Vette
03-12-2004, 08:34 PM
This is exactly what I was talking about when I stated in another post that this new daily valuation sysytem could be so much better. To find out an answer to this problem you are probably going to have to call the TSP customer service. Good luck with that dude. In the past I have been given incorrect information by these people. Be very careful. What are other peoples experiences with problems like this? :cool: