PDA

View Full Version : Challanging Tom

HarryPotter
12-27-2006, 09:01 AM
no, not really;
but it would be a good idea to start a healthy competition between Tom and some of the old hands on the TSPTALK to see what returns they come up with in 2007.

just because Tom has not been lucky last year it does not mean he does not have the capability to beat us all.

I am not familiar with all the big shots on the forums but you know who you are.

Since this will not have any prizes but the win is the reward by itself no need to produce proof of the returns.

What do you think Tom?
Harry

mlk_man
12-27-2006, 09:11 AM
Since this will not have any prizes but the win is the reward by itself no need to produce proof of the returns.

What do you think Tom?
Harry

Kind of like kissing your sister isn't it? No thrill so why bother............:rolleyes:

HarryPotter
12-27-2006, 10:18 AM
thrill of winning is a reward in itself.
Why do we climb the mountain? Because it is there.

I will throw in some change if everyone else does the same.
Harry

James48843
12-27-2006, 11:16 AM
Kind of like kissing your sister isn't it? No thrill so why bother............:rolleyes:

You haven't met my sister.

nnuut
12-27-2006, 11:53 AM
I really think that "Playing the Market" is like GOLF. You are not playing other Golfers, You are playing YOURSELF!:D Who said that, I said that!:notrust:

mlk_man
12-27-2006, 12:09 PM
You are playing YOURSELF!:D Who said that, I said that!:notrust:

I can do that at home. Plus it's cheaper.......................:embarrest:

Show-me
12-27-2006, 12:32 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa, first things first...............James, please post picture of sister.

:nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

nnuut
12-27-2006, 01:47 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa, first things first...............James, please post picture of sister.

:nuts: :nuts: :nuts:
YEAH!!!!!!!!!:p Show-him,,,, and me!

HarryPotter
12-27-2006, 02:35 PM
looks like everyone donating a sister's kiss (or wife's kiss) may work out as a very attractive reward!! And we WILL STOP at kiss.
Harry

GGal
12-27-2006, 05:46 PM
I know there is thrill in "winning." I'm a LEO. My motto is, "All Horses Are Not Born Equal." And "If You Ain't Making Waves, You Ain't Kicking Hard Enough."

But, I fear that as this board becomes more about competition, we will lose something very valuable.....expertise. Those with expertise and knowledge to share will be tempted to play their hands close to the chest, in the quest to win.

GA

mayday
12-28-2006, 11:12 AM
I know there is thrill in "winning." I'm a LEO. My motto is, "All Horses Are Not Born Equal." And "If You Ain't Making Waves, You Ain't Kicking Hard Enough."

But, I fear that as this board becomes more about competition, we will lose something very valuable.....expertise. Those with expertise and knowledge to share will be tempted to play their hands close to the chest, in the quest to win.

GA

I agree keep info out in open. We all vary slightly anyway.

FundSurfer
12-28-2006, 11:20 AM

GA

I know I have to fight hard with myself not to be competitive. A few weeks ago when Griffin and Show-me got ahead of me in the Tally and I was sitting in the G-fund I wanted to go 100% I really really bad. I had a hard time just telling myself that I had a good year just doing what I had been doing and now was no time to throw that out the window. Competition is good to a point if it pushes you to learn more but it can become bad if it causes you to become reckless.

Besides, Tom is overdue for some good luck. It would not surprise me at all for him to kick everyone's butt next year.

tsptalk
12-28-2006, 11:28 AM
What do you think Tom?
It sounds like it would be a good idea. I need something to get my butt in gear. The problem I have is that to win something like this, you have to be very aggressive and take some risks. While most of us want as big of a return as we can get, I'm worried about the 70 year old, or anyone for that matter, who is following my moves (for some strange reason :)) and trading well above the appropriate level of risk for their situation.

But I'd be glad to have my return (active account or long-term, or both) in on the list. I just won't approach it with the competitiveness that I might if I were more inconspicuous.

And besides, isn't that what we are doing with the tally? RevShark is on there and now we can add the new TSP Trader System's return to the tally for 2007.

Good luck to everyone in 2007!
Tom

SkyPilot
12-28-2006, 11:46 AM
I agree Tom, I thought the tally was already meeting this purpose, but cooperatively, as opposed to a competition.

airlift
12-28-2006, 12:53 PM
I agree!

I agree Tom, I thought the tally was already meeting this purpose, but cooperatively, as opposed to a competition.