PDA

View Full Version : Rokid's tally and the Leaders

Spaf
12-23-2006, 12:13 AM
Our Resources

Rokid does an excellent job with the Weekly Account Tally!.....;)

I have a link to it. But I can't find it on the home page?......:confused:

The Leaders have to be commended. They did a great job too!
..FundSurfer
..Mayday
..Griffin
..Sugarandspice
..Show-me
..Pointman
..Wizard of OZ

[Spaf logic=why reinvent the wheel when they already have it]

I track the 1st decile in Rokids tally and add the top 2 folks with new accounts (if they are up there). The reason being, we need a fast response to submit a IFT. We already have the one day delay.

There is a PROBLEM. To really track or follow the leaders we need time to implement an IFT before the 12:00 EST deadline.

I know it may not be always possible. But, it sure would be of help if the leaders posted before 11:30 EST.

Maybe the leaders should be expanded to 10, maybe 15, maybe 20. The time maybe should be 11:00 EST. This may need some input.

I do know that we could better utilize our leaders, and I'm sure that they would be willing to help.

TspTalk (Tom) is comming up with a new system. Looking good! So 2007 looks like a year that we can really take advantage of our skills. These are good goals. We just need to take advantage of the folks that can do it, and set it up so that others can benefit!

Think about it, would appreciate any comments/feedback!

BTW: Merry Christmas .....and be careful out there....:) ....Spaf

airlift
12-23-2006, 07:07 AM
Spaf,

My hearty felt appreciation for Rokid's fine work. Also, I want to thank you for posting your ingenious Kingdom of TSP. I agree with everything you have stated in the current post. To all of the good people of TSPtalk, I join you all in the best wishes for a Merry Christmas, Peace, Good health, and profitable trading!:)

Our Resources

Rokid does an excellent job with the Weekly Account Tally!.....;)

..FundSurfer
..Mayday
..Griffin
..Sugarandspice
..Show-me
..Pointman
..Wizard of OZ

[Spaf logic=why reinvent the wheel when they already have it]

I track the 1st decile in Rokids tally and add the top 2 folks with new accounts (if they are up there). The reason being, we need a fast response to submit a IFT. We already have the one day delay.

There is a PROBLEM. To really track or follow the leaders we need time to implement an IFT before the 12:00 EST deadline.

I know it may not be always possible. But, it sure would be of help if the leaders posted before 11:30 EST.

Maybe the leaders should be expanded to 10, maybe 15, maybe 20. The time maybe should be 11:00 EST. This may need some input.

I do know that we could better utilize our leaders, and I'm sure that they would be willing to help.

TspTalk (Tom) is comming up with a new system. Looking good! So 2007 looks like a year that we can really take advantage of our skills. These are good goals. We just need to take advantage of the folks that can do it, and set it up so that others can benefit!

Think about it, would appreciate any comments/feedback!

BTW: Merry Christmas .....and be careful out there....:) ....Spaf

mayday
12-26-2006, 06:12 AM
Spaf you have a good idea but many times I'm reluctant to move untill the last minute. Still undecided and frantically looking at all the indexes. I would be willing to try posting in a window between 11:30 and 11:45 Would :15 minutes be enough time to implement your strategy.

FundSurfer
12-26-2006, 08:01 AM
I have a similar problem in that meetings can keep me away from the computer till near lunch time and gives me just enough time to look at what is going on and move. I try to post which way I'm leaning and why if I get a chance.

Spaf
12-26-2006, 10:00 AM
FundSurfer, Mayday, 1st Decile leaders!
I just know that other members would like to follow along. But we have that 12:00 EST cutoff. If you all post near the deadline....Woops.....:(
Thats the price you pay for being so dang good!.....:nuts:
Give us a break!.........;)
Spaf

PS FundSurfer, now you just gonna have to make up some excuse to get to a puter! I would have our secretary ring my cell phone!

mlk_man
12-26-2006, 10:24 AM
Spaf, I think you are asking some for too much. With my new trading system, a lot of my indicators are now based on daily readings instead of just closing day ones. Much of this information is already based on 20-30 minute delays on the readings received from sites like Yahoo. Because of this, the noon deadline that we have is already a hinderence because I don't get my final readings until 12:30pm, which is fine for my accounts outside of TSP.

I take my final readings for my TSP monies at 11:45am and then post my moves at TSPtalk before I even go to TSPgov. This is all I can do and on most occasions the readings don't change enough from 11:45 to 12:30 to warrant a different move, but sometimes they do.

I know I'm not currently one of the top returnees for the year but I do have one of the top returns since the end of July and watch out next year by George!! :D

Spaf
12-26-2006, 10:30 AM
Spaf, I think you are asking some for too much.

I expect our leaders to give 110%.....When it comes to helping others, forgive me, I will always ask too much.....:o :D

Any government employee knows 999 ways to avoid meetings (except newbies).
Mayday posted an IFT at 10:13 CST.

mlk_man, as senior as you are, Your 110% too!
To mention a few others:
EWGuy
Rokid
tsptalk (where would we be without this site?)
the moderators (Griffin got it at 120% (moderator+leader))

tsptalk
12-28-2006, 10:32 AM
Thanks Spaf. I went ahead and added a link to the homepage, but I left it on the obscure side (below one of the MB links). I really didn't want that page to get a couple thousand hits per day because the tracker spreadsheet is on that page and downloading that is a real drain on our bandwidth.

I also put a post in the Member's Account Return's Tally (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=51) each time I receive an update. It is the first thread after the tracker.

..FundSurfer
..Mayday
..Griffin
..Sugarandspice
..Show-me
..Pointman
..Wizard of OZ

Yes they have. I think all those new readers who thought this was going to be easy can now really appreciate what these folks have accomplished this year. Good job!

I see where you are coming from Spaf, but to play devil's advocate for a minute... and at the risk of sounding like I'm making excuses, my account did a lot better when I had the noon deadline and didn't have the pressure of people following me. Perhaps it is a coincidence but I'd hate to do anything to hurt their future returns. I guess it will be up them.

So 2007 looks like a year that we can really take advantage of our skills.
I agree. Perhaps things can only get better after a disappointing year for us. RevShark sent me an email the other day with a new vigor to really attack 2007 after the slow ending to 2006. I told him about the new system and I'm sure he is determined to have man win the battle over the machine.

Happy New Year to all, and a special thanks goes out to our hard working moderators. I appreciate all the help you have given me in 2006.

Tom

Spaf
12-28-2006, 04:27 PM
I keep forgetting that you guys have to work!!!............:ban:

Ouch!...Who threw that eraser at me?........::notrust: