PDA

View Full Version : What if you only invested at market peaks?

Bullitt
12-21-2020, 02:18 PM
Some good points in this fun video.

https://youtu.be/pFgPNVytlwA

japan4racing
12-29-2020, 11:25 PM
In the words of Dave Ramsey...."The only folks that get hurt on a roller coaster are those that jump off".....I always have my sticky pants on. I stayed in C and S all this year and in March I really took it in the pants but I've made every bit of it back plus some and my PIP is 20+%. Not bad for such a volatile year. I know some folks that went to G fund to be "safe" they haven't made near the money I have.

nasa1974
12-30-2020, 05:48 AM
In the words of Dave Ramsey...."The only folks that get hurt on a roller coaster are those that jump off".....I always have my sticky pants on. I stayed in C and S all this year and in March I really took it in the pants but I've made every bit of it back plus some and my PIP is 20+%. Not bad for such a volatile year. I know some folks that went to G fund to be "safe" they haven't made near the money I have.

I took a hard hit in March as well, but stuck it out. It cost me box of sticky pants, but the recovery has been pretty good. Except the last two days because I'm 100% "S" fund.

Bullitt
12-30-2020, 02:55 PM
Though it does help to get in at the right time, it's not essential the way 401k's are set up. With bi-weekly contributions, you're opportunity buying. There is continuous buying as long as you stick to a realistic portfolio approach. Over time those small gains add up.

It's time in the market not market timing.

I'm not against market timing, but it should not be done with the core allocation. Core holdings should be on auto-pilot.