PDA

View Full Version : Any advice

rubicon54
11-07-2006, 12:28 PM
Just started my TSP account about a year ago, currently I am not deployed, stationed at Ft. Leonardwood, I contribute 15%. I invest 20% across the board. Just a few questions:
1. upon retireing from the military can I take the money out without a penalty? and if so what is the penalty?

2. What stocks do you invest most of your money, thinking about putting the majority in I funds. any advice greatly appreciated.
thanks

pyriel
11-10-2006, 04:09 PM
Just started my TSP account about a year ago, currently I am not deployed, stationed at Ft. Leonardwood, I contribute 15%. I invest 20% across the board. Just a few questions:
1. upon retireing from the military can I take the money out without a penalty? and if so what is the penalty?

2. What stocks do you invest most of your money, thinking about putting the majority in I funds. any advice greatly appreciated.
thanks

Rubicon, Glad for you to be with us. No one here will tell you where to put your money into any funds. However, what they will do is to tell you where they are at and what are their reasoning behind their allocations. As for you being able to take out money without penalty, there are some discussion about this in the retirement thread. Hope this helps...

tsptalk
11-10-2006, 10:57 PM

thanks
Welcome rubicon! Here's some info on penalties... http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/showthread.php?t=2347

Tom