PDA

View Full Version : Thank You

mailmanusa
10-20-2006, 04:26 AM
A new thread was started not long ago where members enter intra-day market quotes. Heres the link,
http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/showthread.php?t=3386

This thread is very helpfull to me since I am on the road alot. Subscribing to the thread gives me info I need through email on my cell phone. It helps me to make informed decisions so I can then phone my changes in through the Thriftline. Subscribing to other threads on this message board gives me additional info as well. This method of operating via cell phone has me pretty much completely functional, with the exception of being able to post my IFT's to this forum.

I want to extend my thanks to Tom for giving the thread life. I am reporting that it is working great. Also I would like to extend eternal thank you's to all of those who have and who will enter quotes in this forum.

For anyone not having access to a desktop during time approaching the critical 12 noon cutoff, I recomend this cell phone/email type operation. Its the next best thing and its cheap to operate. I had to work out a few bugs but its goin smooth now. I have found that a free aol email account works best. I like the aol preferences which allow me to enter specific domains from which I wish to recieve mail, IE tsptalk.com. That way, I only pay for data I want.

Well, enough babbling, the main idea of this post was to say thanks to everyone making it happen.

Gilligan
10-20-2006, 07:31 PM
Mailman,
does it matter if we put in a minus sign / plus sign OR would you rather have the up/down?

mailmanusa
10-21-2006, 05:52 AM
Doesnt really matter. I have seen both ways come thru and either works fine. I guess the important part is listing the percentage change as opposed to the point change. I mean, as you can figure a 2 point change to the C fund is very different than a 2 point change to the I fund. So regardless of the size each fund, the percentage change is always relative.

One other thing since we are on the subject. Not that anyone was doing it but just for future reference, keeping entrys to text only and a minimum at that helps keep data transfer costs down. Graphics/images in email dont display on the cell phone anyway and they dramatically increase the KB load.

Thanks again for participating:)