PDA

View Full Version : TSP Interfund Transfer Decoder Wheel

Rolo
07-10-2004, 03:08 PM
The biggest headache in tracking TSP transfers is that the IFT notifications show you your account before and after the transaction, and you have to figure out the actual transaction itself. The TSP Interfund Transfer Decoder Wheel makes entering your transactions into Quicken (or any financial program) a snap. Rather thandoing multipletedious calculations with a calculator, just paste the table from your IFT e-mail notification into the attached spreadsheet, then copy and paste the values (share price and totalamount)into your Quicken transactions and you are good to go!

Download and delete the ".txt" extension from the filename.

Rod
07-11-2004, 07:21 AM
Humm, don't look like it worked for me. A bunch of junk opened up in my notepad.

Rolo
07-11-2004, 08:54 AM
Rod wrote:
Humm, don't look like it worked for me. A bunch of junk opened up in my notepad.

Rolo had already written:

Download and delete the ".txt" extension from the filename.

heh...RTFM before contacting technical support! :X ;)

Tom added xls to theallowed attachements--just download the file attached to the next message below.

Rolo
07-11-2004, 08:56 AM
The biggest headache in tracking TSP transfers is that the IFT notifications show you your account before and after the transaction, and you have to figure out the actual transaction itself. The TSP Interfund Transfer Decoder Wheel makes entering your transactions into Quicken (or any financial program) a snap. Rather thandoing multipletedious calculations with a calculator, just paste the table from your IFT e-mail notification into the attached spreadsheet, then copy and paste the values (share price and totalamount)into your Quicken transactions and you are good to go!

Attached is the xls (Excel) file.

Rod
07-12-2004, 02:41 AM
Don't get yer panties in a twist!:P;)

Humm, still having problems. Don't see .txt in the extention to delete.

Rod
07-12-2004, 02:42 AM
MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!

:D

Rod
07-12-2004, 02:43 AM
Thank you, Tom.:)

and YOU TOO, Rolo!:^

Rolo
07-12-2004, 08:18 AM
Rod wrote:
Don't get yer panties in a twist!:P;)

Humm, still having problems. Don't see .txt in the extention to delete.

hehehe...ever see Office Space? "I deal with the people so the engineers don't have to! I have PEOPLE SKILLS! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!?" :X :dude:

You do not see the .txt extension because Windoze Explorer is hiding it. Togge the option "Hide extensions of known file types" in Tools | Options...

Rod
07-12-2004, 10:00 AM
:D

Yeah, I finally got it downloaded with what Tom did.

Thanx for putting it together!:^

Rolo
07-12-2004, 11:20 AM
Yes, entering IFT's into Quicken was a real PITA. As I was doing the calculator thing again, I thought, "This is stupid. Duh! Excel..."

Also, I was less likely to trade in the TSP because of the Hassle Factor; now, that is not the case.

Frizz B.
07-13-2004, 08:22 AM
I still like my excell spreadsheet, quick and easy to track and make changes, and Rolo the :dude:is mine, it shows my Frizz. :dude:

Rolo
07-13-2004, 08:47 AM
Frizz B. wrote:
I still like my excell spreadsheet, quick and easy to track and make changes, and Rolo the :dude:is mine, it shows my Frizz. :dude:
Apples and oranges...this spreadsheet has an entirely different purpose, only to paste IFT confirmation, automatically do the calculations, and paste the figures into Quicken--a one-shot deal, no tracking.

Also, I still have to figure out that part of your spreadsheet. :D

Boghie
03-15-2008, 10:38 AM
Rolo,

This was an oldie, but a goodie.

Me like...

tsptalk
01-30-2009, 10:03 AM

Attached is the xls (Excel) file.
If anyone is interested, I made an update to Rolo's utility. It now includes the L-funds.

burgesscdb
01-30-2009, 12:02 PM
Thank you Rolo!

XL-entLady
01-30-2009, 12:16 PM
If anyone is interested, I made an update to Rolo's utility. It now includes the L-funds.

I had not seen this before. It is SO COOL! :cool::cool: Now I wonder what other ingenious tools that I haven't discovered are on this MB .....

Lady

eccougar
01-31-2009, 08:35 AM
Try xirr for returns of a portfolio. I have used it for years and it works great.
http://www.gummy-stuff.org/XIRR-stuff.htm

tsptalk
01-31-2009, 08:51 AM
Thanks eccougar!

XL-entLady
01-31-2009, 11:20 AM
Try xirr for returns of a portfolio. I have used it for years and it works great.
http://www.gummy-stuff.org/XIRR-stuff.htm
I worked with IRR's (internal rates of return) a lot in my government position. It was vital to know what a company's IRR was when measured against an industry average. This spreadsheet looks like it accomplishes approximately the same idea with our TSP accounts. That will be excellent information to have, but could be a little scary! :cheesy:

Lady