PDA

View Full Version : A Rally in Everything

mlk_man
07-27-2006, 09:02 AM
Against the Crowd Thinking… A Rally in Everything
by Dr. Steve Sjuggerud

“So Steve, will the world end tomorrow, or the next day?”
I was live on radio, AND on stage in front of an audience of over 500 people at the same time. This was Tuesday afternoon, and that’s the question I received.
I was on a “panel” discussion with four other speakers at the Agora Financial Wealth Symposium in Vancouver, Canada. I think the radio host was egging us on to give some sort of dire predictions…
One of the core themes of the conference is that the sun is closer to setting than rising on the U.S. “empire.” Plus we’ve got the national debt, personal debts, the deficit(s), World War III trying to break out, and more. So the question at the top (which wasn’t as extreme as I wrote it above) was playing into the theme.
In short, I didn’t give the crowd what it wanted with my answer.
In essence, I said maybe the U.S.-will-sink theme is right. But I’ve heard this theme my entire career. And my job is to find good investments right now. So that’s what I do…
During my main speech, I didn’t give the crowd what they wanted either. I shared my latest recommendation to True Wealth subscribers… I said BUY STOCKS. Here’s an actual quote from that issue, which went out Friday:
“I think we’ll see a rally in EVERYTHING. Starting now. Throw a dart at the stock list, and chances are you’ll make money on the stock it lands on.”

The Nasdaq has surged since I said this to my subscribers. I recommended a way for us to earn double the return of a stock index. With three days of double gains, readers are really making money now.
I told my readers specifically what to buy. And I told them exactly when we’ll sell. I think we’ll make 60% returns in six months.
Yes, the sun may set on the U.S. empire. It has set on every other empire in history. But that doesn’t mean we have to give up on making money investing.
Another question from the radio announcer was about the U.S. dollar, and how it should crash also. Once again, I disagreed.
The U.S. dollar is generally measured versus the euro and the yen. When you look at those three, I’d prefer dollars. On the panel with me, Rick Rule said it best: “The U.S. dollar is the currency I like the least, except for all the other currencies.”
Versus gold, the dollar should fall in the long run… as you can print dollars but you can’t print gold. But versus the euro, I’d rather have a dollar.
I’m usually a fairly agreeable guy. I probably should have kept my mouth shut a bit more, and gone along with the theme. I don’t disagree with it, actually, and I don’t expect much from stocks or real estate over the next ten years.
My point is subtle, but important… you can still make money in investments, even in times like now. Stick with us, and we’ll show you the way.
Good investing,
Steve