PDA

View Full Version : What to do with my TSP?

gpmykul
07-26-2006, 10:17 PM
I am leaving my job with the federal government after almost 4 years. I have the option of either leaving my money in my TSP or rolling it over to my new companies 401K. I'm not sure which would be the best way to go. Any suggestions???

Spaf
07-27-2006, 12:12 AM
gpmykul,

IMHO, why not wait! Compare returns (risk v reward) down the road, and then decide!

Spaf

I am leaving my job with the federal government after almost 4 years. I have the option of either leaving my money in my TSP or rolling it over to my new companies 401K. I'm not sure which would be the best way to go. Any suggestions???

Gilligan
07-27-2006, 05:03 AM
I had a break in service a few years ago, I just left my money in the TSP and am glad I did.

Pilgrim
07-27-2006, 08:16 AM

A guy I went to school with faced the same choice. He elected to move his money to his new company's fund. He remembers his (now former) employer with strong feelings - 'twas none other than Enron.