PDA

View Full Version : what are your allocations in the fund

chicago30
03-09-2004, 09:18 PM
hi,

i am new to the board and was just curious if anyone out there is like me who usually keep their allocations the same. i am currently 60% C Fund, 20% S Fund, and 20% I fund. i had most of my money during the last 2 years in the G/F fund and saved money the first year and missed out last year. i decided to move it into the aggressive funds for the long haul. have 25 years until age 60 (hopefully retirement).

was wondering if anyone would share what they allocate and why? do you move it as much as tom does?

thanks

mike

Wheels
03-10-2004, 05:09 PM
Hi Mike,

I usually like to keep my funds fully invested as well, however when the market is treading water like it has been for the last6 or 7 weeks, then I like to jump in and out to try to take advantage of the ups and sit out during the downs. It's a lot easier said than done as Tom will tell you.

Dave

chicago30
03-10-2004, 07:31 PM
dave,

couldn't agree more. i don't really mind a down day or 2. until i found this great site this week, i never really looked at it except when my money is posted every month. not much fun. i like keeping it they way it is for now and watching and learning from the experts on here.:)