PDA

View Full Version : I_T tsp strategies 2 issues, signs me out just like the original subforum

amoeba
10-10-2018, 11:20 AM
OK, here's the deal - this is on a PC:

It's not working....hasn't been for almost a month. I go to forums, sign in, then....click on Intrepid Timer....it tells me to sign in.. I do. Then click on the subforum....it still doesn't show the posts and tells me to sign in. I do. OK, now I can click on the subforum and see the posts. I click on the latest post. It shows. I try to reply with quotes....I get the reply box, type my post, and click post reply and....you guessed it....it tells me to sign in. I do. Then it tells me to sign in. I do. Now it shows the latest post

But jeepers....signing in 5 times to make one reply, and 4 times to even see the posts. It never did this before.

What the heck? I've tried all the delete cache and so forth, and no results.

amoeba
10-10-2018, 11:22 AM
PS, it signed me out when I hit post reply, so I tried to edit - and it gave a blank screen, canceled that, and hit reply with quotes...and it went to quick reply.....what a hot mess.

tsptalk
10-11-2018, 12:16 AM
Is anyone else having this issue?

amoeba
10-11-2018, 01:00 AM
If they did, they probably wouldn't be able to say so on their PC. I counted 5 sign ins and kickouts to make one post.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Stoplight
10-11-2018, 10:43 AM
If they did, they probably wouldn't be able to say so on their PC. I counted 5 sign ins and kickouts to make one post.

YES !!!!!! :( PC with Firefox...

Stoplight...

FogSailing
10-11-2018, 10:52 AM
Is anyone else having this issue?

I am have the exact same issue Tom...

No idea why..
I noticed it a few days ago.

Regards,

FS

tsptalk
10-11-2018, 10:56 AM
OK, thanks. Is it just Firefox for you, do you know?

Stoplight
10-11-2018, 11:01 AM
Tom,

FWIW

For me, ticking the "Remember me" box seems to have helped...

I'll log out, and try MS Edge/Win 10. If you don't hear from me in a while, it didn't work !!! LOL

Stoplight...

Stoplight
10-11-2018, 11:11 AM
Same issues with MS... :(

tsptalk
10-11-2018, 11:44 AM
I have been getting more complaints today. I may try something a little drastic to see if it helps. It may not be today but your frustration is coming in loud and clear.

So sorry for the trouble.

amoeba
10-11-2018, 12:21 PM
I got your pm on my IP address changing with every logon (which I can't control ) and white listing and that it probably won't help. It didn't help.

amoeba
10-11-2018, 12:22 PM
The remember me box didn't help me either.

tsptalk
10-11-2018, 12:29 PM
OK, I have turned off many of the features of the forum to see if we can debug this login issue.

Please report any issues you are having now. I'd recommend clearing cache, history, etc., and restarting your browser before starting.

One of out techs said, "Can you check again, I noticed some inconsistencies with sessions that seem like this may be causing the problems experienced."

I'm also going to reboot the servers so we may be down a minute.

Thanks!

amoeba
10-11-2018, 05:13 PM
It's working again. So far.

tsptalk
10-11-2018, 05:21 PM
That's good news. Now we have to figure out if it was one of the forum features that I turned off, or if it's the "inconsistencies" our tech said he found.

Thanks. Keep the feedback coming!