PDA

View Full Version : Retirement Talk

robo
07-17-2006, 08:50 PM
I'm retiring at age 57 and will be taking money out of my TSP around 2k a month. Can anyone answer the question Wheels posted about this subject.

Use retirement link below to answer.

http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/showthread.php?t=2856&page=2

Last post in the link...

Can anyone please answer this question.

" Here's a good question for someone who knows more about this stuff than me. Are you allowed to trade your account the way we do here while you are drawing this via this method, or are you forced into the G fund so that you will return something close to the allowable interest rate?

Please post the answer in the retirement section if you know the answer, or where I can read about it. Went to TSP web site and didn't find it yet. Maybe someone is currently receiving TSP retirement money and can answer this..

I want to keep a balanced portfolio 50% G Fund and 50% in the market. I want the ability to make IFT's whenever I want.

Just a few more years to go! Thanks...

Spaf
07-17-2006, 10:26 PM
Robo,

Moved your post to the retirement section.

I don't know the exact answer right now. At the end of this month I will retire.

I decided to leave funds with TSP and take a monthly payment. I am assuming you can continue with IFT's, just like regular stuff.

I don't know how they will take out the monthly deduction. I planned to leave the G-fund with at least 20%.

I was told to wait 2-weeks after seperation to contact TSP. I'll find out then. That's when TSP form-70 is submitted to tell TSP what to do with your account.

Most of the FERS stuff, why do I feel like the blind leading the blind?

Regards....................:) .......................Spaf

ocean
07-17-2006, 10:32 PM
I want to keep a balanced portfolio 50% G Fund and 50% in the market. I want the ability to make IFT's whenever I want.

Just a few more years to go! Thanks...

Yes, robo, you can do that and there is no restriction which funds you will be investing while receiving monthly payment. At the end of each year you have an option to decide how much you want to receive for next year.

Refer to early post in this thread by Walli1 http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/showthread.php?p=48287#post48287, he described the similar situation that you were asking.

Also, please refer to the link: http://www.govexec.com/dailyfed/0306/032406rp.htm for TSP withdrawal options.

I am planning to do the same in about 5 years.

Ocean

robo
07-17-2006, 11:21 PM
Spaf and Ocean,

Thanks!!!!

eino
07-18-2006, 04:58 AM
Remember, the money in TSP accounts has never been taxed, so any cash withdrawals will be subject to income tax in the year they are taken out.

EW_ret
07-18-2006, 06:29 AM
There are no restrictions on moving between TSP funds while taking monthly payments. The monthly payment is withdrawn in percentage proportion from each fund you are invested in at the time of the monthly payment. That way your asset allocation is maintained. It’s the same principle that TSP uses when you repay a loan. You make a payment and its deposited in percentage proportion to each fund. For example, if you have $100,000 and have an asset allocation of 40% G ($40,000), 35% C ($35,000), 15% S ($15,000), and 10% I ($10,000), a 400 monthly payment is withdrawn as follows: from G 0.40X400 = $160; from C 0.35X400 = $140; from S 0.15x400 = $60; and from I 0.1X400 = $40.

Wheels
07-18-2006, 12:35 PM
There are no restrictions on moving between TSP funds while taking monthly payments.

I agree. However that doesn't answer the question I asked that Robo is refering to. The scenario I described is this:
TSP only offers one type of life expectancy payment. However the IRS allows other types that allow you to apply a "reasonable interest rate" to your monthly payment. This results in a much higher payment. Since TSP doesn't offer this method, you would have to first roll your balance over into an IRA of some sort. Then take advantage of the other method. My question was in this scenario, are you restricted in where your money can be invested. Since you are being allowed to assume a rate of return, are you forced to try to earn that rate of return?

Dave
<><

EW_ret
07-18-2006, 01:18 PM
I believe I have answered the question regarding any restrictions on where you park your money in TSP while taking monthly payments from your TSP account.

I did not realize you are considering a Rollover IRA, to get a larger monthly payments. You should ask the new custodian that question.

Wheels
07-18-2006, 03:42 PM
I did not realize you are considering a Rollover IRA, to get a larger monthly payments. You should ask the new custodian that question.

I'm not. It was a hypothetical situation. I was explaining to someone how to get a larger life expectancy payment and the question was born from that.

Dave
<><

robo
07-18-2006, 08:19 PM
I believe I have answered the question regarding any restrictions on where you park your money in TSP while taking monthly payments from your TSP account.

EwGuy,

Thanks for your answer. I mixed up a couple of idea's in my question. That happens when you work nights, I'm tired and out of it most of the time. It's taken a toll on my health. That's why I'm retiring soon. I average around only 4 to 5 hours a sleep a day, it sucks!

Thanks again! I will put 50% in G Fund and 50% I will use for Stock Market investing. Based on what you have told me I can continue to make ITF's whenever I want. I will make fewer and lower risk trades in my TSP account the next few years going into retirement.

I will not rollover my TSP account. The cost of TSP is cheap and I already have traditional IRA's and Roths to liquidate. The Roths are the sweet deal I think. As Enio pointed out about taxes on TSP, no such thing on Roths. I will max them out as long as I'm working. My wife will work 5 years longer than I plan on so that's around another 100K in 401k money and 25k in her Roth.
However, Uncle sam could change things, but for now I will plan on the rules not changing much.

Thanks to all others that answered this question.

Spaf
07-18-2006, 11:35 PM
EwGuy,

I will not rollover my TSP account. The cost of TSP is cheap and I already have traditional IRA's and Roths to liquidate.

Gotta agree with ya! My TSP account stays. It's not the best of funds, but it's better funds [Good..better..&..best]. I checked with a dozen or so investment companies and they all have good retirement plans. However, they can't beat the low TSP expenses. And, mutual funds have lost my trust. I had rather do it myself, besides it's fun! Instead of going with a traditional IRA or a Roth, I'm staying with TSP and my internet broker. I really like the ETF's, especially the ones controlled by iShares. I like the option of selling to cash or making a trade on an instant basis, without getting a letter from the fund manager accusing me of being a [bleep] trader. Like my small investment is going to ruin his billion dollar fund.

Once you read the TSP options on their form-70, you have a lot of things to choose from.

The TspTalk board is a second reason I opted to stay with TSP. With all this information. It beats a prospectus hands down (never could read one of them things, all their small print and stuff). I did have to get out the glasses to read EWGuy post # 6 in that small font, but at least I understood it.

Thanks guys for the retirement talk!............Regards............Spaf

PS: EW, I'm going to bump #6 up to a bigger font, iffn U don't mind....Good post there!

Spaf
08-28-2006, 10:57 PM
More Retirement Tibits

I opted for the monthly payment from TSP. Well today was my 28th day in retirement. Per the bank, they recieved a TSP direct deposit on the 24th. I had faxed TSP my TSP-70 on the 16th. The same day a lady from TSP called and told me they had recieved my seperation code from OPM.

I went over to TSP and checked my account. Sur-nuf they had reduced my shares proportionally.

Also, today the 28th day. I recieved my annual leave (+other) reinbursement via direct deposit from the finance agency.

Well thats the latest news from the retirement pod!

Regards, and be careful!..........:) ...............Spaf

EW_ret
08-29-2006, 10:04 AM
Spaf,
I'm glad to see the financial aspects of your retirement are going well. I hope your retirement package is finalized by OPM swiftly. My annual leave lump sum was deposited into my account seven days after retirement with my final paycheck. I attribute this to the efficiency of the Navy’s Human Resource and payroll offices.

It only took four weeks for OPM to adjudicate my retirement application and issue the final annuity. I retired September 30, 2005 and by November 2nd had two direct deposits from OPM totaling my full annuity. I was pleasantly surprised with the quick turn-around by OPM. I attributed it to the thrust by Congress and the new OPM director to decrease the turn-around time for retirement application cycle. I hope OPM remains focused on their goal to minimize the time to finalize the retirement applications.

Spaf
08-29-2006, 11:04 AM
Thanks EWGuy,

The time frames will hopefully give others some sort of gauge of when to expect things!

Of course I realize there will be differences between agencies!

I'll reference mine as the Department of Labor!

BTW: Annual leave reinbursement, their will be variations depending on annual pay. but, I think a ball park figure could be a net $24.00 an hour.

Rgds
Spaf

mlk_man
08-29-2006, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the info guys. So it seems fair to say that at least one month cash to get by on and to be safe, two months? I was planning on at least three so I'm glad to see this "should" be enough to get through. I'll be transferring about half of my TSP into my IRA so this may slow down the process some.

Spaf
08-29-2006, 11:38 AM
M_M,
I would give it at least 2 months.
For Social Security you have to be off for at least a month, and then they pay you the following month depending on the first letter of your last name. Mine comes out the third Wednesday of each month! Wierd!
Rgds
Spaf

EW_ret
08-29-2006, 01:13 PM
I concur that 2 to 3 months expenses should be adequate to fill the void between retirement and receipt of final/full annuity. The majority of annuitants receive their first interim annuity within six weeks of retirement. OPM tries to send the first interim pay the first week of month when due. The annual leave lump sum payment helps meet your expenses during the interim payment phase of retirement. The interim annuity that OPM provides is less than the 85% they claim.

My gross interim annuity was 69% of my gross final pay. The interim annuity payments only have federal taxes withheld. The net interim pay represented about 74% of the net final annuity. I received the makeup pay the day after the first interim annuity was deposited into my checking. This makeup pay was the difference between the final/full annuity and the interim annuity. Its withholdings included federal tax, health insurance, and life insurance. State taxes are not withheld from the interim or final annuity payments. One must have their CSA number and PIN to telephone or go online to initiate state tax withholding.

I hope my experience helps those who are planning for retirement. Of course many may already know what to expect.

Spaf
08-29-2006, 02:32 PM
I hope my experience helps those who are planning for retirement. Of course many may already know what to expect.

Your experience will help. In MHO I would say some know what to expect. But, I fear many consider that the auto-pilot is working. Recently an auto-pilot was installed in the L-Funds. But, what I was considering was the total picture!

Here is the basis for my concern: All Govt. employees should be given a retirement (full) briefing within their first couple of years. And, it should be specific to CSRS or FERS. Our office got one the last year I was there! The briefing was a combo briefing. And, there was a lot of confusion afterwards. The TSP section almost made me ill. [Edit almost, I was ill]

So any tidbits you can offer can be copied and filed for future reference. EW you have been down the road, and are now standing on the other side. I'm almost to the other side. What we are both saying is how wide and deep the potholes are, and dang at least make sure your on the right runway!

Thanks EW
Regards
Spaf

Spaf
08-31-2006, 12:40 AM
After Labor Day we (retired) get to reclaim the lakes back! Not to hot , not to cold. Retired and loving it!

Will keep ya posted on how the FERS retirement system and the social security system unfolds! Still a mystery!

grandma
08-31-2006, 02:20 AM
...The TSP section almost made me ill. [Edit almost, I was ill] Spaf

Clarify what it was that got your attention here....
thanx -

Spaf
08-31-2006, 10:19 AM
Clarify what it was that got your attention here....
thanx -

I'll send U a PM. Because, various agencies apparently treated this subject differently. I can only present my experience!

Spaf
09-01-2006, 03:01 PM
Income Status under FERS

Here is about what one can expect, time wise, from a FERS retirement system (plus related others).

Note: Social security sends out checks based on your birthday. Generally, the day in the month on which you receive your benefit depends on the birth date of the person on whose record you receive benefits. For example, if you receive benefits as a retired or disabled worker, your benefit will be determined by your birth date. If you receive benefits as a spouse, your benefit payment date will be determined by your spouse's birth date.

Here's how it works:

Birth date on.....Benefits paid on
1st - 10th........Second Wednesday
11th - 20th......Third Wednesday
21st - 31st.......Fourth Wednesday

For example, your date of birth is June 16. Your monthly retirement check will be paid on the third Wednesday of every month.

VA checks........1st day of the month.
FERS annuity....1st day of the month
Social Security..see above

I elected to have monthly payments from TSP. The 1st check was recieved on the 24th of the month.

All items above are applicable to/for direct deposit.

Regards, and be careful!..............:) .................Spaf

ocean
09-02-2006, 09:35 AM
Spaf,

Thanks for the info. I noticed some of you are already retired now. Since there is a thread for retire planning. Do you think if it is a good idea to start a thread for Retired Living?

For folks already retired so they can talk about what their routines are and what area of interest they are doing or things like that. It may help us to prepare what to expect after retirement since the number of baby boomers going to the retirement becomes larger and larger. Thanks.

Ocean

Spaf
09-02-2006, 12:40 PM
Ocean,
Good idea! We can do that!........:nuts: ..............Spaf

Spaf
10-30-2006, 12:34 AM
So far so good!

About 5 years ago I kind of got serious with my retirement.
OPM booklets said that one could retire at 60. Social Security had a birth day / age threshold.

Doing backwards math I recieved information on the government annuity, social security, and TSP. Then figured where I wanted to retire and under what conditions. Using savings and sales, we made a re-location and a re-financing, using guideline from our accountant.

We wanted to retain 100% of normal income, 50% expenses and 50% free.
Was this possible?............Yes it was.

Retiring at age 60 was not possible, because of deductions and the Supplemental.

Retiring at age 62 was possible!

All figures fell in line including a minimum risk for TSP. Risk vs reward.
Most guidelines allow for a maximum of 4% withdrawl from a savings plan (IRA), and most guidelines figure an inflation factor of 3%. Thus TSP funds should be allowed to increase about 7% a year. The actual withdrawl figured at 3.5% per year + 3% inflation resulted in a benchmark gain of 6.5% required to maintain that fund in the cost of living (COLA) retirement triad.

In a bear market the G-Fund will let one survive, in a bull market it is the risk one can accept which has to be conservative in capital preservation once retired.

A big advantage with TSP is the ability to put aside savings regularly, have matching funds, have funds with low expenses and good indexed funds. Plus the options of loans, annuities, payments, and withdrawls.

The big advantage of TSPTalk is learning how to minimize risks and take avantage of rewards in strategy that fits a person's life. Plus sharing ideas that respect the principal of managing a retirement savings plan, and not leaving it up to the whims of the mystical unknowns (some one or some company that does not have your interest as primary). I can play high risk with "stops" or sit back on a lilly pad with the G-Fund and not risk one penny of the principal. Or, I might just decide to go fishing!....:nuts:

Bottom line: Does TSPTalk work / help?....... I gotta say Yes!..... Dats the evidence....:)

Done been raving enough!
See Ya tomorrow.
Regards and be careful!
Spaf

PS: Thanks Birchtree (Dennis) my boat is now the "Lilly Pad".

ocean
10-30-2006, 04:47 AM
Spaf,

You gave inspiration and confidence for the rest of us trying to achieve the same goal. Thanks.

Ocean

Spaf
10-23-2008, 09:53 AM
Well, well, Grenspan , the former Fed chief said....I quote...."the credit crisis is a threat to retirement funds".

Well, a threat is having a gun pointed at U.

A severe injury is being shot with the gun.

Hey, the retirement funds have been shot!.....Not threatened!

Loosing share value is like bleeding! Can't they see the blood on the floor??.....:confused:

clester
10-23-2008, 10:02 AM
One great thing about the Gov't is that pensions are as safe as they can get. I hope!

Anyone under fers, especially ATC, how long was it until you got the annual leave/sick leave payout? OPM says about 6 weeks. Just curious if it may come earlier. Same for FERS and supplement check. If you retire on the 31st of the month, you get the remainder of your regular pay the next pay period and then the 1st? of the next month your first retirement check (about 80% for a few months). Is that realistic?

Thanks

Scout333
01-26-2009, 09:51 AM
Just noticed that my W-2 reflects no CSRS deductions for the performance award portion for last year (2008). Also, no TSP contributions were taken from this money. Amount is included in taxable wages for Fed. and State. Fed. w/h, state w/h, Social Sec. w/h and Medicare w/h were taken out. TSP is probably not a big deal since that amount could be made up elsewhere. I understand that the high 3 amounts used for computing retirement income for CSRS retirement income do not include performance award amounts.

Does anyone have any knowledge of why this would be the case for CSRS employees? i.e. FERS employees would ??, I believe, get the benefit of the performance award amounts being included in Social Security wages?:(

Frixxxx
01-26-2009, 09:58 AM
Just noticed that my W-2 reflects no CSRS deductions for the performance award portion for last year (2008). Also, no TSP contributions were taken from this money. Amount is included in taxable wages for Fed. and State. Fed. w/h, state w/h, Social Sec. w/h and Medicare w/h were taken out. TSP is probably not a big deal since that amount could be made up elsewhere. I understand that the high 3 amounts used for computing retirement income for CSRS retirement income do not include performance award amounts.

Does anyone have any knowledge of why this would be the case for CSRS employees? i.e. FERS employees would ??, I believe, get the benefit of the performance award amounts being included in Social Security wages?:(

I thought it was only base pay for contributions. Because of the differences of normal pay and the incongruencies with bonus/special/overtime pay, they don't take it out of that.

I work 5-25 hours of overtime every payperiod and my deductions never change.

Check with your benefits person but I think it is specific in the TSP booklet:

http://tsp.gov/forms/tspbk08.pdf

Scout333
01-26-2009, 10:39 AM
I thought it was only base pay for contributions. Because of the differences of normal pay and the incongruencies with bonus/special/overtime pay, they don't take it out of that.

http://tsp.gov/forms/tspbk08.pdf

Frixxxx, You must be correct since that is the way they handle it. Not such a big deal for TSP contributions since we can adjust our contribution amounts to put an amount in to compensate for nothing being taken out of awards, overtime, etc. if we wish.

The part I am concerned about is the question re. inclusion in high 3 wages for computing retirement amounts for CSRS i.e. 56.25% of average high -3 wages. Inclusion of a $ 2,000 performance award would increase a 30 yr retiree's income by 56.25% of $ 2,000 or $ 1,125 annually till death do us part.:) I believe actuarially we would be much better off to have the CSRS contributions (8.45%) or (1.45% for offset employees) taken out and get the benefit of the performance award amounts included in high-3 computations for retirement.

Frixxxx
01-26-2009, 10:49 AM
The part I am concerned about is the question re. inclusion in high 3 wages for computing retirement amounts for CSRS i.e. 56.25% of average high -3 wages. Inclusion of a $ 2,000 performance award would increase a 30 yr retiree's income by 56.25% of $ 2,000 or $ 1,125 annually till death do us part.:) I believe actuarially we would be much better off to have the CSRS contributions (8.45%) or (1.45% for offset employees) taken out and get the benefit of the performance award amounts included in high-3 computations for retirement.
Unfortunately, not my expertise. If you do find out, let the other CSRS peeps know what is going on. I'm a little ole FERS employee with nothing but time on my hands. Can't even think about retirement!!!

alevin
01-26-2009, 11:12 PM
Unfortunately, not my expertise. If you do find out, let the other CSRS peeps know what is going on. I'm a little ole FERS employee with nothing but time on my hands. Can't even think about retirement!!!

Annuity is founded on base salary. I'm a FERS baby too-2/3 of the way there-maybe, we'll see when the time gets closer :suspicious:.

OT does not get counted in high-3, cash awards don't get counted into high-3-for anyone, CSRS or FERS either. Temporary promotions do get factored into that year'(s) base. Base salary only. Them's the rules whether we like it or not. Until and unless someone manages to persuade the PTB (Congress) to change them.

Texarkandy
01-27-2009, 10:20 AM
Annuity is founded on base salary. I'm a FERS baby too-2/3 of the way there-maybe, we'll see when the time gets closer :suspicious:.

OT does not get counted in high-3, cash awards don't get counted into high-3-for anyone, CSRS or FERS either. Temporary promotions do get factored into that year'(s) base. Base salary only. Them's the rules whether we like it or not. Until and unless someone manages to persuade the PTB (Congress) to change them.

Note: AUO & LEAP pay (types of overtime) do get counted in the Hi-3 for Fed Law Enforcement Officers retiring under CSRS 6c & FERS 12d retirements.

Scout333
01-28-2009, 02:36 PM
Apparently this is based on old regulations defining what high-3 pay does and does not include. Do we have any OPM folks in the house who might know about these rules? Probably predates award programs, etc.:(

CountryBoy
01-28-2009, 02:51 PM

alevin,

What about the adjustments made to your base salary due to area of the country where you live, counting towards your annuties high 3? Dang, another senior moment, can't remember what this adjusrment is really called.:o I'm a FERS baby also.

CB

Elgallo
01-28-2009, 03:29 PM
Locality IS taken into consideration along with your base pay at time of retirement calc.

CountryBoy
01-28-2009, 04:17 PM
Locality IS taken into consideration along with your base pay at time of retirement calc.

Thanks Elgallo,

Locality was what I was looking for :o and thanks for clearing up that addition.

CB

alevin
01-29-2009, 10:14 PM
OK, I didn't know about the LEO rules. You guys are special in a lot of ways.

On the locality pay, I did overlook that part, too focused on special one-time event type pay. One thing I'm unclear on tho, when an active employee moves from a high-locality pay part of the country (DC-say) to an RUS (rest of US) part of the country (for example), employee doesn't get to take the high-local pay bump with him to lower-local pay part of the country.

But a person who retires in DC (for example) gets to keep the DC bump for the long haul, even after they move to a lower locale-pay part of the country? Seems a little odd to me, but if that's true, maybe I should look at doing a tour in DC before I retire. (farthest thing from my current ambitions but not out of the question, just ugh.)

Elgallo
01-30-2009, 11:55 AM
alvin: There are other high locality areas in the US. I live in the highest, Central CA coast, San Fransisco locality area. Beats DC hands down!

If ever there was a time to move to this area it's NOW. Property values have dropped considerably in certain areas of late. 10 years down the road you would be very happy you bought now.

Texarkandy
01-30-2009, 11:57 PM
But a person who retires in DC (for example) gets to keep the DC bump for the long haul, even after they move to a lower locale-pay part of the country? Seems a little odd to me, but if that's true, maybe I should look at doing a tour in DC before I retire. (farthest thing from my current ambitions but not out of the question, just ugh.)

Houston is another popular locality area to transfer to 3 years before retirement for that reason.

http://opm.gov/oca/09tables/pdf/HOU.pdf

alevin
01-31-2009, 12:59 AM
LOL, thank you guys, I know there are other high locale-pay places out there, I just choose not to strap myself to afford the housing costs on single income, even with them coming down. Not when I have a modest older paid-for home in RUS country. Not yet anyway, I'm still 8-15 years from retirement (2017-2024), depending. MRA+30? Full SS age? Somewhere inbetween? What's my TSP and other investment account going to look like by 2014?-not anywhere like what I hoped it would, more than likely. do I really want to throw more $ into paying mortgage interest for several more years instead of investing outside of TSP as well as within? For me it's pretty much been one or the other (mortgage or Roth), not both, the past 15 years.

I picked DC as an example, since I watched my dad do the daily commute for 20+ years suit and tie. it's more high-probability for me tho than other potential locations. Nobody in my agency wants to go there even for a 2 grade promotion, they have a hard time getting enough applicants for positions I could apply to. If I decide to try this hattrick, it'll probably be closer to retirement dates, minimize the life energy spent in a place I don't want to be any longer than necessary-big city, commuter life, formal office environment, east or west. OK to visit tho. SF someday might be good for a visit, never been there. Long time since been in TX, Seattle cousins are all Aggies, so's my dad. :D

Zebra
02-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Sweet.........24 days into retirement and it is working for you smoothly. So there is hope! but then again I work for NASA ...........Muhahaha!

Happy Retirement!:p

nnuut
02-05-2009, 04:17 PM
329 what can I say?:laugh: 5658

budnipper1
02-05-2009, 06:01 PM
329 what can i say?:laugh: 5658

Time Flies when your havin' Fun! :D

nnuut
02-05-2009, 07:26 PM
And I can't wait, I think I'll get a boat like you and hang out at the beach all summer!!:D:)

budnipper1
02-05-2009, 09:51 PM
And I can't wait, I think I'll get a boat like you and hang out at the beach all summer!!:D:)

GOOD IDEA...GO FOR IT, BUDDY!!!

and, THANKS for the TOW!
YOU'RE A LIFE-SAVER!!! (the BUD-BARGE is out of GAS!)

nnuut
02-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Out of gas? 5667 No problem!:D 5666

Buster
02-27-2009, 09:22 AM
A day and a time in retirement:

I decide to water my garden. As I turn on
the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide it needs washing. As
I start toward the garage, I notice mail on the porch table that I brought up
from the mail box earlier. I decide to go through the mail before I wash the
car. I lay my car keys on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage can under
the table, and notice that the can is full. So, I decide to put the bills back
on the table and take out the garbage first. But then I think, since I'm going
to be near the mailbox when I take out the garbage anyway, I may as well pay the
bills first. I take my check book off the table, and see that there is only one
check left. My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the
house to my desk where I find the can of Pepsi I'd been drinking. I'm going to
look for my checks, but first I need to push the Pepsi aside so that I don't
accidentally knock it over. The Pepsi is getting warm, and I decide to put it in
the refrigerator to keep it cold. As I head toward the kitchen with the Pepsi, a
vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye -- they need water. I put the
Pepsi on the counter and discover my reading glasses that I've been searching
for all morning. I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going
to water the flowers. I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a
container with water and suddenly spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the
kitchen table. I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I'll be looking
for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide
to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers . I
pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor. So, I
set the remote back on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill. Then, I
head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day: The car isn't
washed. The bills aren't paid. There is a warm can of Pepsi sitting on the
counter. The flowers don't have enough water. There is still only 1 check in my
check book. I can't find the remote. I can't find my glasses. And I don't
remember what I did with the car keys. Then, when I try to figure out why
nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all damn
day, and I'm really tired. I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to
get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail.

alevin
02-27-2009, 09:40 AM
Sounds like me on my weekends already. Oh boy, do I really want to retire someday? I'd have 7 days a week like that instead of 2. :laugh:

budnipper1
02-27-2009, 09:50 AM
Sounds like me on my weekends already. Oh boy, do I really want to retire someday? I'd have 7 days a week like that instead of 2. :laugh:

It's really not all that bad, once you accept it. :D

Anyways, there's always TOMORROW! :laugh:

Buster
03-03-2009, 10:33 PM
Going to a Retirement seminar tomorrow..This should feel good, I hope.:worried: