http://www.sticky.tv/game/cyrkam_airtos/

no......just a nice way to kill a bunch of time at work. LOL

teknobucks
07-13-2006, 01:05 PM
more serious link i suppose....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7b0al9yGRw&search=Israel

Dave M
08-08-2006, 10:30 AM
...somewhere just north of here, they say. That is, the Real World. Down here at the end of the world we have trouble in paradise. Our cat of 13 years has gone missing.

Stormy kitty is a tuxedo cat, black and white DSH. He has been an inspiration to us all, the Master Napper, spreading the vibrations of peace and tranquillity wherever he stands, or lays, or sprawls more like it, never far from his dish.

I am about to walk the neighborhood again. Where are you, Stormy?

Dave

nnuut
08-08-2006, 12:55 PM
Hope your Kitty is OK Dave.

tsptalk
08-08-2006, 05:17 PM
Keep Aug 22nd in mind? If the world comes to an end, would you rather be in the G fund, or F? :D

From the Drudge Report (http://www.drudgereport.com)...

WSJ: Scholar Warns Iran's Ahmadinejad May Have 'Cataclysmic Events' In Mind For August 22
Tue Aug 08 2006 10:22:35 ET

In a WALL STREET JOURNAL op-ed Tuesday, Princeton's Bernard Lewis writes: "There is a radical difference between the Islamic Republic of Iran and other governments with nuclear weapons. This difference is expressed in what can only be described as the apocalyptic worldview of Iran's present rulers."

"In Islam as in Judaism and Christianity, there are certain beliefs concerning the cosmic struggle at the end of time -- Gog and Magog, anti-Christ, Armageddon, and for Shiite Muslims, the long awaited return of the Hidden Imam, ending in the final victory of the forces of good over evil, however these may be defined."

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad "and his followers clearly believe that this time is now, and that the terminal struggle has already begun and is indeed well advanced. It may even have a date, indicated by several references by the Iranian president to giving his final answer to the US about nuclear development by Aug. 22," which this year corresponds "to the 27th day of the month of Rajab of the year 1427. This, by tradition, is the night when many Muslims commemorate the night flight of the prophet Muhammad on the winged horse Buraq, first to 'the farthest mosque,' usually identified with Jerusalem, and then to heaven and back (c.f., Koran XVII.1).

"This might well be deemed an appropriate date for the apocalyptic ending of Israel and if necessary of the world. It is far from certain that Mr. Ahmadinejad plans any such cataclysmic events precisely for Aug. 22. But it would be wise to bear the possibility in mind."

Developing...

Spaf
08-09-2006, 12:41 AM
The Four Horsemen

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/Spaf/FourHorsemen01.jpg

Dave M
08-09-2006, 08:05 PM
Stormy the Wanderer has returned! There is joy in paradise! D

Show-me
08-09-2006, 08:12 PM
Excellent! Glad to hear it. (cat lover i am)

nnuut
08-09-2006, 09:36 PM
Cats do that ya know. Wonder what he was hunting?:D

tsptalk
08-11-2006, 05:30 PM
Keep Aug 22nd in mind? If the world comes to an end, would you rather be in the G fund, or F? :D

From the Drudge Report (http://www.drudgereport.com)...

WSJ: Scholar Warns Iran's Ahmadinejad May Have 'Cataclysmic Events' In Mind For August 22
Tue Aug 08 2006 10:22:35 ET

In a WALL STREET JOURNAL op-ed Tuesday, Princeton's Bernard Lewis writes: "There is a radical difference between the Islamic Republic of Iran and other governments with nuclear weapons. This difference is expressed in what can only be described as the apocalyptic worldview of Iran's present rulers." ...
Boy, it sure sounds like Aug 22nd was going to be the date of this latest terrorist attack had it not been thwarted. We better pay attention to this dude when he talks.

FundSurfer
08-11-2006, 05:50 PM
Boy, it sure sounds like Aug 22nd was going to be the date of this latest terrorist attack had it not been thwarted. We better pay attention to this dude when he talks.
Aug 22 or Aug 11. Have they actually said?

dell
08-11-2006, 05:50 PM
I would not dismiss this gentleman at all, but this more than likely was (is) the first volley in a renewed initiative. Thank God the Brits got in front of it. I am sure information will yet be forthcoming to identify these terrorist would be murderers, but I would not be surprised to learn they are part of, or connected with, a Pakistani group called Lakoshar-I-Omar; aka: al Qanoon. They are primarily made up of former Taliban and include in their number two individuals who were identified as being directly responsible for the death of reporter Daniel Pearl. (Identification is often difficult due to the frequency with which the group changes its name). They have loose connections to Iran via Hezballah and have documented connections with al Qaeda, but are more of an independent group who acts on their own I doubt they were acting at the direction of Iran, but may have used Ahmadinejad's rehtoric as the catalyst for their action.

This is all my opinion. I will be as anxious as everyone else to see who they really are. Forgive any typos.

Dell

Wheels
08-11-2006, 06:37 PM
Thank God the Brits got in front of it.
Dell

As I understand it, our boys had as much to do with breaking this thing up as anybody. Either way, I too am very thankful that it was thwarted.

Dave
<><

tsptalk
08-11-2006, 06:56 PM
They have loose connections to Iran via Hezballah and have documented connections with al Qaeda, but are more of an independent group who acts on their own I doubt they were acting at the direction of Iran, but may have used Ahmadinejad's rehtoric as the catalyst for their action.
Interesting Dell. So you think the Iran reference is still a possibilty - that is latest event was unrelated?

Either way, I hate to have it turn out that the Aug 22 "prediction" turns out to be correct only watch the market tank 5% or more when we could easily stepped a side for a day or two. What do we have to lose except maybe a couple of green days?

Someone chastised us last year for talking about how to "play" the hurricane season. My opinion on that is, I gave to the hurricane relief. What harm is it protecting our accounts or taking advantage of lower prices when these events occur? I don't think I can do much to prevent any world calamities, but I hope I don't to have to defend myself for trying to protect my family's savings.

dell
08-11-2006, 08:41 PM
Dave: To the best of my understanding, our "contribution" involved overhears at the joint NSA/British listening post in Cheltenham. I do not intend to minimize any US Intel Community (USIC) contribution, but believe me (or not), this is a political bone Blair is giving Bush (and I am a Bush supporter) to allow the US to stake a claim in thwarting this. Our involvement was significant, but peripheral. The British SIS would have uncovered this with NO US involvement.

Best - Dell

dell
08-11-2006, 08:55 PM
Tom: I believe this single event will have a short lived effect on the market. I personally believe the threat is still there, but has been significantly reduced. I also do not believe Aug 22 is relevant any longer regarding an attack, although I believe it was relevant prior to these arrests. The arrests/interdictions will have put a temporary chink in their immediate plans due to a heightened security alert globally.

Beyond question you are correct in thinking ahead and trying to plan on market reactions. That is why we are all here; to share information and draw our own conclusions. That is what makes this board such a great tool and I commend you highly for putting us all together.

I believe this is still a meandering market that has not found any confirmations and set any trends (other than being confused and uncertain). I am beginning to share some of the economic pundits concerns re a looming recession. If we in fact have one, I believe the effect on the market will be severe. Following the adage "the market hates uncertainty", I am parking the majority of my funds in the G Fund until an upward trend is established and confirmed.

Everyone should probably do the exact opposite of what I am doing, but I just want to play it a little safer with my money for the foreseeable future.

As an aside, how is your son? I he 100% yet?

Best - Dell

dell
08-11-2006, 10:40 PM
One last observation: while the Iranian leader is possibly nuts, the majority of the Iranian people are not. Even the ones who truly hate us recognize the folly of an attack against the US continent with such a large US military presence right next door.

Just my opinion.

Dell

tsptalk
08-12-2006, 12:25 AM
As an aside, how is your son? I he 100% yet?
Oh, yeah. He was pitching again a week later. He's a lot tougher than his old man. :D

Thanks for asking.
Tom

Callme_CO
04-08-2007, 10:37 PM
I predict the end of the world to happen March 31, 2056

Tempest
04-09-2007, 02:40 AM
I'll IFT to "G" the day before. That should cover me from the profit-taking that day.
Thanks for the heads up.