PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice

GTO1970
06-26-2004, 08:42 AM
hey everyone!

Been away on military duty for two weeks and been out of the talker loop.

Before I left, I diversified both my accounts to 25%G, 25%F, 10%C, 25%S, & 15%I I see that I made about 1.56 overall gains in the past two weeks and am really proud of F fund gains. But need to catch up on the latest infoand advice to get back on track.

GTO:DSuffering TSPTalker withdraw

tsptalk
06-26-2004, 11:40 AM
Hi GTO. Welcome back.
I'd say check out the last few market commets (http://www.tsptalk.com/comments.html)(archives are on the bottom left.) In a nutshell, we are still seeing mixed signals in the short term. Early July is very strong historically, as is the third to last trading day in June, which is why I'm making this move to 100%S fund for Monday.On Tuesday I could be back to 60-70% stocks because of the uncertainty.

We still look for June 30th to be an interesting day with interest rates being raised and the Iraq situation. We'll play it day by day but I am still very bullish and will look for opportunities to be fully invested after June 30th. 1130 on the S&P could be a good pullback target if we get one.

Does that help?
Tom

GTO1970
06-27-2004, 08:51 AM
Thanks greatly, Tom

I read up on the past historical market comments

I'll watch Monday and may make a stonger move back into stocks on Tuesday. I am very happy with the gains in F fund, but am feeling uncomfortable with leaving them in there.

Thank for your advice Tom, Your the Man:^

GTO