PDA

View Full Version : Ripple

Frixxxx
01-15-2018, 07:59 PM
Wow,

I've been waiting for this pullback to $1.50.

I'm a buyer there.

$1.59 USD (-14.64%)
0.00012168 BTC (-10.11%)

Buy / Sell Instantly
(https://changelly.com/exchange/BTC/XRP/1?ref_id=coinmarketcap)

RealMoneyIssues
01-15-2018, 09:21 PM
Did you get any? It wasn't at $1.50 for very long...

Wow,

I've been waiting for this pullback to $1.50.

I'm a buyer there.

$1.59 USD (-14.64%)
0.00012168 BTC (-10.11%)

Buy / Sell Instantly
(https://changelly.com/exchange/BTC/XRP/1?ref_id=coinmarketcap)

Frixxxx
01-16-2018, 07:45 AM
Did you get any? It wasn't at $1.50 for very long...
Not yet, will see if it hits again....stupid sleep.

Frixxxx
01-16-2018, 12:49 PM
Holding on Ripple Purchase for now, think I can wait until under a $1.00.

RealMoneyIssues
01-16-2018, 03:39 PM
Holding on Ripple Purchase for now, think I can wait until under a $1.00.

Get it now, the gift that keeps on giving...

bmneveu
01-16-2018, 03:41 PM
Wow, its at 1.01 right now. Cryptos are getting slaughtered.

Frixxxx
01-18-2018, 10:10 AM
I hate when I get distracted and forget to purchase. Missed a huge run last night.

bmneveu
02-10-2018, 09:31 PM
Interview with the Ripple CEO at the end of the video is very good. I would just skip to that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQs0CS3jQCs

bmneveu
02-12-2018, 11:53 PM

$1.095 has been a ceiling and floor many times in the past for XRP. Even if it breaks through that, it will meet another ceiling, a wide descending channel.

badgerland
02-21-2018, 09:00 AM
easiest way to buy ripple - anyone? I know coinbase and robinhood don't have it - do I need to use Ether or whatever to purchase it through binance or something?

gegor1957
02-21-2018, 09:20 AM
easiest way to buy ripple - anyone? I know coinbase and robinhood don't have it - do I need to use Ether or whatever to purchase it through binance or something?

I use Binance. I buy etherium or litecoin through GDAX (an affiliate of Coinbase) then transfer it to Binance.

badgerland
02-21-2018, 09:58 AM
I use Binance. I buy etherium or litecoin through GDAX (an affiliate of Coinbase) then transfer it to Binance.

do you have a ledger or do you use their wallet?

gegor1957
02-21-2018, 10:18 AM
do you have a ledger or do you use their wallet?

I buy and hold some coins on a ledger nano but trade a smaller amount on Binance.

uscfanhawaii
02-21-2018, 05:36 PM
Is there an ETF for Ripple, similar to GBTC for Bitcoin?

bmneveu
02-21-2018, 08:11 PM
Is there an ETF for Ripple, similar to GBTC for Bitcoin?

Not to my knowledge, no. The best way to invest into Ripple from the stock side would be indirectly by purchasing the stock of the banks Ripple is doing business with. One particular entity that should do VERY well by partnering with Ripple is Western Union (WU). Why does everyone hate using WU? Because it costs a ridiculous amount of money to wire transfer money, sometimes up to 20% of what you are sending. It's just silly. Now imagine they switch from Swift or whatever they currently use to XRP and the cost on their end drops from 10% to 0.01%.... It's a no brainer, as long as it works. Hundreds of banks are, ehem, banking on Ripple. Western Union is probably the biggest one and maybe has the most profit to gain. I think I just talked myself into buying some WU.

bmneveu
02-21-2018, 08:16 PM

This is the cheapest way to move money from you bank account into Ripple if you want to go through Coinbase. Your account --> Coinbase --> GDAX --> Binance (purchase XRP here) --> wallet.

A cheaper way, if you are comfortable with it, is using Gemini instead of Coinbase and GDAX. Gemini's fees are smaller but it can take some time to validate your account before they let you move money out. I personally use Gemini and have had no issues other than the annoying wait for validation.

Bullitt
08-01-2020, 12:44 PM
I must admit, I am tempted to speculate and the sites that service the coins sure make it easy. A few things though.

1. Tax time nightmare.
2. I am not willing to risk 1% of my capital at this stage. 1% is really the minimum you'd want to have here for diversification purposes. I have no need for excitement by placing trifling bets on a digital currency.
3. What if it goes down?

If I was speculating here though, I'd choose this XRP because speculators love "low prices". Instead of saying, "if it goes up 100%, I double my money," they'll say, "if it's only a penny it only needs to up a penny and I double my money."

bmneveu
08-01-2020, 03:57 PM
I like to use the site below to check out all the different cryptos. A lot of them have been ripping to the upside lately, Ripple certainly included.

https://coinmarketcap.com/

Marjuno
07-30-2021, 10:45 AM
What do you think about the future of this cryptocurrency?

tsptalk
07-30-2021, 11:22 AM
What do you think about the future of this cryptocurrency?

I actually don't like the idea that there are so many different crypto-currencies. Maybe my logic wrong since most countries have their own currencies, but it seems to diminish or dilute, in my mind, the entire "project" or idea of what they are for.

For trades, I'd probably buy and sell any of them. But Bitcoin and maybe more so Ethereum because of its usage potential, are the only ones I'd feel comfortably investing in to hold longer term.

I've always liked the song, however. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmMjY6tXaEo

PessOptimist
07-30-2021, 12:03 PM
It was also a fine wine back in the day.

Marjuno
08-02-2021, 10:27 AM
I actually don't like the idea that there are so many different crypto-currencies. Maybe my logic wrong since most countries have their own currencies, but it seems to diminish or dilute, in my mind, the entire "project" or idea of what they are for.

For trades, I'd probably buy and sell any of them. But Bitcoin and maybe more so Ethereum because of its usage potential, are the only ones I'd feel comfortably investing in to hold longer term.

I've always liked the song, however. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmMjY6tXaEo
Thank you so much for the response! Trying to understand all this variety of cryptocurrencies. I completely agree with your opinion, it's worth investing either Bitcoin or Ethereum. In addition, some companies accept payment in Bitcoin, which also speaks to its future.

Special thanks for the good music:smile: