PDA

View Full Version : Interfund Transfer 5/30 for 5/31/06

tsptalk
05-30-2006, 09:49 AM
This morning's weakness is worse than I anticipated. I don't really want to play games with trying to catch an end of month bounce tomorrow. With so many people so bullish so quickly, there is fuel for a bigger fall. I am initiating an interfund transfer this morning going 100% G fund.

Tom

Rod
06-02-2006, 01:26 AM
BUMPED For Newbies

tsptalk
06-02-2006, 02:24 AM
This morning's weakness is worse than I anticipated. I don't really want to play games with trying to catch an end of month bounce tomorrow. With so many people so bullish so quickly, there is fuel for a bigger fall. I am initiating an interfund transfer this morning going 100% G fund.

The bullishness turned very bearish after the drop Tuesday. It didn't surprise me to see a rally, but the strength of the rally did surprise me. Now what? Good question. I still suspect a move lower because we are now overbought, but I want to watch how the market reacts the overbought condition before drawing any conclusions.

HarryPotter
06-02-2006, 08:13 AM

Tom

Ispite of his deep understanding of Market forces Tom just got unlucky one more time. Today's unemployment report will bring the market back up in a comfortable range. I have been long since market brkoe 1280 and again at 1260. Now I may reduce exposure and move some money in g fund.
Harry.
2 June 2006:

tsptalk
06-02-2006, 10:06 AM
It's almost as if insiders knew this number yesterday (Wizard used to say it is leaked the afternoon before) and that would explain the late rally yesterday. But now the question that will creep in is - is the economy slowing too much? That big miss may be good for interest rates, but may have been a bit too low for comfort growth-wise.

tsptalk
06-02-2006, 10:51 AM
I'm liking this weakness today because the psychology indicators are at a point where it may be time to think long term buy. It is just a matter of finding a good entry point. My indicators tend to be early but this "perma-bear" finally got a long term bull signal. Here's hoping for a bad June so I can get fully invested again.

Rod
06-05-2006, 11:01 PM
Ispite of his deep understanding of Market forces Tom just got unlucky one more time.

Are you feeling lucky about now, HP???

After today, looks like Lady Luck was on Tom's side afterall.;)

tsptalk
06-06-2006, 10:43 AM
I thought about putting 25% to 35% into the market this morning but I’ll hold off. If 1245 is going to be tested, the S&P 500 would still have 1% to move down. And there is no guarantee it will hold. If we break that level, it could trigger a “woosh” sell-off that I would be more eager to buy.

You may want to nibble here, but I’m holding out a while longer.