PDA

View Full Version : Interfund Transfer 5/17 for 5/18/06

tsptalk
05-17-2006, 10:10 AM
I am still in "trading" mode. I think the market is in some trouble but we are due for a short term bounce. I will make an interfund transfer this morning going to 20% F, 30% C, 30% S, and 20% I fund. This is a short term move and I will likely be out of stocks again very soon.

tsptalk
05-17-2006, 06:29 PM
Ugly! And the folks on TV are saying this is a good long term buying opportunity. I don't smell any fear yet. That's not a good sign.

My own fear is usually a good contrarian indicator as well so I'm torn because I am quite nervous about the market. That's probably a good sign for stocks. The indicators say short term buy, intermediate term sell.

Zofja1
05-17-2006, 10:26 PM
Question about transfer to TSP from another source.
What are the regulation for the way the money is distributed the first day it goes into the TSP account.
I had the misfortune to have a considerable amount of money transferred in today. Today I was in the C and F funds, but they redistributed all my money (the money already in the TSP and the money that came in acording to the way I had it when I first started puting money into TSP)
Does anyone know, what the regulations are.

Wheels
05-18-2006, 07:14 AM
Does anyone know, what the regulations are.

This is from the TSP website.

"Once the TSP receives a properly completed Form TSP-60 and your check or money order, the funds will be invested in your account according to your most recent contribution allocation. If you haven't made a contribution allocation, the funds will be invested in the G Fund."

Dave
<><

tsptalk
05-18-2006, 03:24 PM
Last half hour sell off - Not much we can do about that. Looks like the options expiration week is going to keep the market down. Being that the smart money was loading up on puts the past couple of weeks, they may wait until Monday, after those options expire, before beefing up stocks again. It's all I can think of. The best thing that can probably happen for stocks now is a washout type sell off open tomorrow with a snap-back rally later on. Otherwise the slow painful meltdown may continue.

tsptalk
05-22-2006, 08:36 AM
Possibly a "washout" sell off this morning. Joe Sixpack must be dumping stocks. Typical emotional Monday morning action. Look for a turnaround some time today.