PDA

View Full Version : TSP Talk Getting Blocked by Some Agencies

tsptalk
09-27-2017, 09:07 AM
It appears that we are seeing TSP Talk getting blocked again, primarily from the Army and Navy. I don't have much power to change that, but you may.

This is from a very old post from another thread that one of our members started after he had been blocked but was able to successfully regain access just by making a request.

Perhaps if enough people make the request they will stop the restrictions.

http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/report-problems/1026-if-your-website-blocked-work.html

I used this to un-block this website at me Federal job:

Dear Administrator:

Recently, tsptalk.com was blocked after being identified as a chat website by the web blocking software. I am presenting information why tsptalk.com should not be blocked. Although there are similarities to entertainment message boards, this website is actually an informational site for those who invest a percentage of Federal Government pay into the Thrift Savings Plan.

Because the website's function is to inform those who have invested in Thrift Savings Plan, it is not unlike websites that inform government employees about other benefits, such as Health Benefits Plans. Recently, tsp.gov enabled those with TSP accounts to change allocations on a daily basis rather than a monthly basis.

I am requesting that this website be taken off the list of blocked websites so that our agency's TSP investors can have the best information available when making changes to our investments.

Thank you for your consideration.
If you do have some success with this request with your IT dept. (or no success) can you please report it here? Maybe it will help others.

The Navy seems to be the major one now. One of our members from the Navy sent this to me. I think if enough folks make the Exception Request, it could help. The email address for where to send it is on the document... Thanks!

Danny
09-27-2017, 09:21 AM
I have no access. NAWCWD China Lake CA.

Danny

imbrew1
09-27-2017, 11:26 AM
Sent my request in (DLA). Hope it works. Doing this on my phone is a pain in the butt.

tsptalk
09-27-2017, 11:42 AM
Great! Thank you!

uscfanhawaii
09-27-2017, 06:08 PM
Just started getting blocked yesterday, 9-26-17.
Not sure if this was prompted by any directive or not.
I will look into submitting the form later tonight.

I am at Naval shipyard Pearl.

RealMoneyIssues
09-27-2017, 07:20 PM
Yup, started this morning... Assuming its an AF network, but will look tomorrow.

6LPSD
09-28-2017, 11:55 PM
Air Force blocked it as well, starting this week. Looking for a route to change it. (Eielson AFB, AK)

Sent from my iPhone using TSP Talk Forums (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=74921)

1965Vintage
09-30-2017, 09:09 AM
USACE in Arkansas blocked it as well. When I went in last night it would no longer pull up and I got the, "this site is blocked" page.

I would submit the form, but I have no idea who to send it too? I will call ACE-IT tonight and see what they say.

Lindoug
10-01-2017, 10:12 AM
Can't even do on my phone cuz I have no signal in my office. This sux!

rangerray
10-02-2017, 09:45 AM
Blocked at a USACE Office here in North Mississippi.

rangerray
10-02-2017, 10:33 AM
I just routed an unblock request through my supervisor which should be attached to an ACE-IT ticket that has already been submitted by me.

tsptalk
10-02-2017, 11:05 AM
Thanks!

1965Vintage
10-05-2017, 12:47 PM
I called ACE-IT and they sent me an unblock request form. I submitted it this morning and presto.....It has been unblocked!

tsptalk
10-05-2017, 01:29 PM
I called ACE-IT and they sent me an unblock request form. I submitted it this morning and presto.....It has been unblocked!

That's great! Thanks.

Would it be possible for you to post, or email me (tom @ ....) that form?

tsptalk
10-05-2017, 01:31 PM
Another member sent this to me after going back and forth between his IT team and myself.

I'm now able to access TSP Talk from my government computer. I asked my associate to visit the site and he had no problem. We then went to my computer and restored "Advanced Settings". I believe a Joint Server Support staffer came and played with my computer because I was unable to print. He must have changed my settings by accident and that's when I experienced being blocked from TSP Talk.

KrapLrak
10-05-2017, 01:42 PM
Was able to log on this afternoon and I have a Navy Account.

Danny
10-05-2017, 01:56 PM
Me too, Navy.

Lindoug
10-05-2017, 02:03 PM
OMG! I have been blocked (Navy NMCI) for the last two weeks, suddenly I am back! Thank you!

remark
10-05-2017, 04:10 PM
Blocked for nearly the past 2 weeks at USACE at another North MS office. Request sent through ACE-IT and local IT support assistance to unblock and FINALLY - just gained access within the last hour. Withdrawals are not good:cheesy:

1965Vintage
10-06-2017, 05:45 AM
Here is the form that ACE-IT sent me.

imbrew1
10-06-2017, 08:33 AM
Sent my request last week using the document Tom posted as a guide. I mentioned the fact that there are no ads or content that would bring disgrace to the agency (DLA) and the information provided helps Gov employees invest in their TSP.
Tried this morning and was able to access the site; Miracles can happen!!

rangerray
10-06-2017, 03:09 PM
Yep. I'm back on at my USACE office in North Mississippi too. All is well.

tsptalk
10-06-2017, 07:13 PM
:usa2: A big thank you to everyone who reported this and got us back online in your offices!! :banana:

Frixxxx
10-09-2017, 10:13 AM
NMCI back online!!!!:banana:

RealMoneyIssues
10-16-2017, 08:20 AM
Yup, started this morning... Assuming its an AF network, but will look tomorrow.

Back online this morning, thanks to those that saved us from the Anti-TSPTalk crowd ;)

12-20-2017, 02:54 PM
I'm COE-MVK and still being blocked, had ACE-IT try and my local admin log into my computer and change a few things and still no joy. Several in my office are unable to reach TSP.

Frixxxx
12-20-2017, 03:15 PM
Here is the form that ACE-IT sent me.

I'm COE-MVK and still being blocked, had ACE-IT try and my local admin log into my computer and change a few things and still no joy. Several in my office are unable to reach TSP.

Here's a form for your group. Maybe it needs to be submitted again?

tsptalk
12-20-2017, 03:25 PM

Welcome 1010!

tsptalk.com or tsp.gov or both?