PDA

View Full Version : Government contribution fix or adjusts for overtime?

Hybrid93Hatch
03-26-2006, 06:30 PM
Couple of questions:

1) When does the TSP from the pay period hit the TSP account? When your check hits bank account or official pay day?

Sometimes I receive a deposit on Saturday and others on Monday before the official pay day.

2) Does the government's contribution (5%) adjust as my contribution does when I work OT?

5% of gross or is it 5% of your base salary?

FUTURESTRADER
03-26-2006, 07:37 PM
hybrid,

1) mine hits the account when direct deposit hits bank, every 2nd thursday morning its in TSP, and direct deposit in bank. The following yuesday is official pay day

2) good question...i don't get OT and never thought to look after a one time award bonus. My guess is it does adjust. Just like the various taxes get their extra nickles

Wheels
03-26-2006, 08:48 PM

It's 5% of base.

Dave
<><

Gilligan
03-26-2006, 09:05 PM
2) Does the government's contribution (5%) adjust as my contribution does when I work OT?

I think I read somewhere that Border Patrol was the only agency to receive a TSP contribution from the OT. I'll have to see if I can find that article.

Hybrid93Hatch
07-13-2006, 04:54 PM
My TSP is never the same each pay check since I work different hours of OT. How would I find out how much I am contributing versus the government?

tsptalk
07-13-2006, 05:07 PM
Have you checked your statement?

Mike
07-13-2006, 06:18 PM
Your pay stub should say how much you contributed and how much the government did... if your agency participates in employeeexpress.gov, you can find your pay stubs on there as well. You can also go to tsp.gov and access your account and look at participant statements. Interestingly, I've noticed that the amount I have calculated as contributions from my pay stubs is slightly less than what is actually showing up in my TSP statements. I don't know why that is the case (it's a trivial sum of a couple bucks or so, but it's confusing to say the least).

I have never seen a change in my contribution when I work OT or get holiday pay - the percentage is calculated off base pay (I wish it wasn't - it'd save me a fortune on taxes on pay day).