PDA

View Full Version : TSP Calculator

MacDaddy
03-21-2006, 02:01 PM
When using the TSP calculator provided on the website to project your future account balance, is any, some or all of the agency matching funds used in the computations?:confused:

MacDaddy
03-21-2006, 02:39 PM
:embarrest:
Note: The FERS calculation of the growth of your future contributions and earnings includes the effect of Agency Automatic (1%) and Matching Contributions. Therefore, if you are a newly hired FERS employee participating in the TSP but not yet eligible for agency contributions, the estimated growth of your future contributions and earnings will be overstated because of the period during which you receive no agency contributions. You may wish to recalculate your projections once you become eligible. For CSRS employees and members of the uniformed services, the calculation of the growth of your future contributions and earnings does not add any agency or service contributions.

Sorry, I answered my own question. I 'spose I could have looked at the website FIRST.

Dave M
03-22-2006, 05:24 AM
It does not take into account grade and step increases. If your plans include staying in your present GS-series, you can estimate these factors going forward, take the average, and use that.

The closer you get to The Wall, the mrore accurate will be the estimate.

Dave

SkyPilot
03-22-2006, 07:03 AM
I use this calculator as it allows you to add many more variables to your TSP equation.

http://hr.er.usgs.gov/calculators/tsp/

MacDaddy
03-22-2006, 09:50 AM
Thanks Sky and Dave for your input. I am currently at the "wall", but always looking for upward mobility. I used the USGS calculator and I like it better than the one TSP provides.;)