PDA

View Full Version : Relationship between previous day's European, Australiam markets and Eafe

Zofja1
03-20-2006, 09:36 PM
I am totally ignorant about this, just beginning to learn, so I would appreciate any explanation. thanks
If the Eafe mimics the European, Canadian, Australian markets, and you see that most have gone up the previous day, can you make any asumtion about the next day's direction of the I fund?
Has anyone done any serious correlation of the relationships?

Spaf
03-21-2006, 12:17 AM
Zofja1,

That information is only available to those in possession of an official Captain Midnight Decoder Ring...:blink:

See: This board, The Funds, I-Fund, post #13; by tsptalk.

See: TSP board www.tsp.gov Fund Sheet, I-Fund, p.2., of Barclays EAFE Index Fund.

The I-Fund has a double edge sord: price and $ value. You can track the fund with the symbol [EFA] at www.stockcharts.com and at the same web site follow the dollar using symbol [$USD].

Rgds, and be careful!................:) ...............Spaf

Zofja1
03-22-2006, 09:51 PM
Thank you Spaf.
Also, thank you for recommending that I read up on the TSP info. I found something very interesting there. Namely, that you can transfer other 401k or Ira money into the TSP.
One of the nicest thing about the TSP is the flexibility of moving your money around the various instruments.