PDA

View Full Version : Post Retirement Question

dell
03-19-2006, 09:49 PM
If I retired 31 January 2006, how soon can I (a) make a partial one time withdrawal and (b) how soon can I begin drawing a set amount on a monthly basis from the G Fund to supplement my anniuty?

Thanks _ Dell

Spaf
03-20-2006, 12:32 AM
If I retired 31 January 2006, how soon can I (a) make a partial one time withdrawal and (b) how soon can I begin drawing a set amount on a monthly basis from the G Fund to supplement my anniuty?

Thanks _ Dell

I don't know about the withdrawl, you need to talk to the TSP folks. However, after you retire give OPM time to get the paperwork to TSP, about 2 weeks. Get one of their tsp-70 forms. Fill it out for a monthly withdrawl. But please call them first, that form is a [bleep]. Make sure that you and TSP are on the same page.

Rgds, and be careful!..............:) .................Spaf

dell
03-20-2006, 06:20 AM
Spaf: Thankyou very much.

Best - Dell

EW_ret
03-20-2006, 08:31 AM
In my case, TSP was aware that I was separated about the same time I received my first monthly pension check from OPM; about 31 days after I retired. I believe it’s your employing agency that notifies TSP that you’re separated. This occurs when they send your retirement package to OPM. I noticed I could perform unique functions at the TSP online site, like change my address, or apply for a withdrawal as a separated participant. Only separated employees can perform these functions online. About six or seven weeks after I retired, I received a letter from TSP notifying me that I was reported as separated.

Form TSP-77 is used for a partial withdrawal of funds, and form TSP-70 for full withdrawal, for civilian employees. If separated military, the forms are TSP-U-77 and TSP-U-70. Prior to the recent phishing attack, you would fill these forms online by clicking the Withdrawal button. I’ am unsure if this is still possible.b

dell
03-20-2006, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the good info
Dell

RESQ264
09-16-2009, 09:32 AM
The one time partial withdraw... (form 77) Is that considered a taxable distribution? and... Will you take a 10% hit on the partial withdraw because its prior to age requirements? It must be, otherwise I could partialy withdraw 99% of my account then disburse the 1% in monthly payments,(form 70) exhaust the account and go away tax free. Insight?

"You must wait until after the effective date of your retirement to sign, date, and mail a request for withdrawl to TSP."

Buster
09-17-2009, 10:56 PM
Do you still have to be 59.5, in order to withdraw without penilties?

mayday
09-17-2009, 11:12 PM
Do you still have to be 59.5, in order to withdraw without penilties?

NO you don't have to wait.http://www.cbiz.com/page.asp?pid=4726