PDA

View Full Version : How Did You Pick Your Username

RazorCat
03-02-2017, 06:37 PM
As the title states, how did you pick your TSP username???
Some are self-explanatory, some not so much.
My username comes from being an Arkansas Razorbacks fan. My favorite bass boat is a BassCat.
Let's hear them.

burrocrat
03-02-2017, 06:58 PM
i did not pick my username, it picked me.

DreamboatAnnie
03-02-2017, 08:10 PM
Mine is an obvious ones. I love the GREAT female 1970s rock band Heart!! So taking my name from their first album was easy. I love the song too!!! DreamboatAnnie, the little ship of dreams!

Who would not love to be sailing on a calm ocean aboard the beautiful DreamboatAnnie??

http://youtu.be/gQDJ45qJHBQ

More about the album
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreamboat_Annie

Other great songs off the album, Crazy on You and Magic Man.

nnuut
03-02-2017, 08:16 PM
Because my name is NNUUT!

Scout333
03-02-2017, 08:33 PM
Cause I am the father of two Eagle Scouts!!!! The number is a secret!

burrocrat
03-02-2017, 08:47 PM
Cause I am the father of two Eagle Scouts!!!! The number is a secret!

well done mom (uhh, correction, well done dad, sorry, i always imagined you with boobs)! as fate would have it i'm an eagle scout. it takes great support and a dedicated parent to get some kids to follow through things that far. the lessons last. utah national parks council, but that was many different lives ago.

ravensfan
03-02-2017, 08:48 PM
Because I am a fan of my favorite NFL team, The Baltimore Ravens!!!

Bleedin Purple!:banana:

jpcavin
03-02-2017, 09:05 PM
As the title states, how did you pick your TSP username???
Some are self-explanatory, some not so much.
My username comes from being an Arkansas Razorbacks fan. My favorite bass boat is a BassCat.
Let's hear them.

Yeah, but who's your favorite cat? :D

jpcavin
03-02-2017, 09:08 PM
The apple of my eye...my first born.

k0nkuzh0n
03-02-2017, 10:12 PM
was what I used for a gamer tag. created it back when it was 'in' to use common names with 'geek' spelling. And I was playing football

Concussion -> K0nKuzh0n

Scout333
03-02-2017, 10:35 PM
well done mom (uhh, correction, well done dad, sorry, i always imagined you with boobs)! as fate would have it i'm an eagle scout. it takes great support and a dedicated parent to get some kids to follow through things that far. the lessons last. utah national parks council, but that was many different lives ago.

Interesting! Ya never know with usernames! Congrats on the Eagle Scout! Not easy and it requires lots of work! You learn things that will stay with you for a lifetime!

burrocrat
03-02-2017, 10:53 PM
Interesting! Ya never know with usernames! Congrats on the Eagle Scout! Not easy and it requires lots of work! You learn things that will stay with you for a lifetime!

world jamboree 1983, saw the calgary stampede, got patches like you wouldn't believe. did you know sweden has girl boyscouts? that's where i learned to appreciate braids, in tents. aahhh, good times.

blueroadster
03-02-2017, 10:56 PM
Eagle Scout here as well...Still involved in scouting with our kids. Picked my username as I once had a blueroadster before I got married and had kids. When that happened, the roadster and sports cars went by the wayside and the garage was repurposed for big wheels, little tykes, wagons, bikes and other kid stuff. Looking forward to getting my garage, workshop and sports cars back once the kids grow up.

blueroadster
03-02-2017, 11:00 PM
Never went to a world jamboree but remember camp akela very well when I was a Cub Scout...Still remember the camp song to this day.

gatoremt
03-03-2017, 07:43 AM
Gator - Gator Fan EMT- I am a EMT So gatoremt it is and have used this username for 20+ years.

RazorCat
03-03-2017, 07:48 AM
Mine is an obvious ones. I love the GREAT female 1970s rock band Heart!! So taking my name from their first album was easy. I love the song too!!! DreamboatAnnie, the little ship of dreams!

Who would not love to be sailing on a calm ocean aboard the beautiful DreamboatAnnie??

http://youtu.be/gQDJ45qJHBQ

More about the album
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreamboat_Annie

Other great songs off the album, Crazy on You and Magic Man.
Saw Heart in concert 3 times back in the 70s/80s.
Linda Ronstadt, and Ann Nancy Wilson were "fine as frog hair" back in the day.

RazorCat
03-03-2017, 07:55 AM
Yeah, but who's your favorite cat? :D
My favorite cat at the moment is a Sabre FTD. As in favorite BassCat boat. Soon to be a new BassCat Lynx.
As for a favorite 4 legged cat, none. Although, my two rescue dachshunds, Oscar and Bella, love them. To chase, bark at, and generally antagonize, on a daily basis.

Retirein2024
03-03-2017, 07:57 AM
I hope to retire in 2024 .... I'll be 62.

jpcavin
03-03-2017, 08:24 AM
My favorite cat at the moment is a Sabre FTD. As in favorite BassCat boat. Soon to be a new BassCat Lynx.
As for a favorite 4 legged cat, none. Although, my two rescue dachshunds, Oscar and Bella, love them. To chase, bark at, and generally antagonize, on a daily basis.

Ohhh, I wouldn't mind having one of those cats. :D

remark
03-03-2017, 08:28 AM
remark = my name spelled backwards = Kramer. The flaming, turning football = extreme football fan and particularly, the Green and Gold of Green Bay. Now you know! Please don't tell anyone since the social media world already knows too much about me:nuts:

nasa1974
03-03-2017, 09:12 AM
Started at NASA in 1974.

Danny
03-03-2017, 09:26 AM
mom

Cactus
03-03-2017, 10:11 AM
I spent a year at Wright-Patterson AFB in Ohio and hated it. I couldn't take the humidity. I'm an arid westerner at heart. The folks there couldn't understand that and called me everything form: "The guy who hates water" to "The guy who likes brown". The shortest epithet I picked up there was "Cactus" so I adopted it. You might say the name stuck. :D

The avatar is Sisyphus and describes my investment results which can also be seen in my sig. line for the last 5 years. Just truth in advertising in case anyone mistakenly tries to follow me. :eek:

Intrepid_Timer
03-03-2017, 10:41 AM
Mine's an aptronym..................

weatherweenie
03-03-2017, 11:17 AM
I wanted something that just rolled off the tongue, and I'm a meteorologist.

gegor1957
03-03-2017, 11:28 AM
Stuttered badly as a kid, couldn't pronounce my middle name Greg. Older cousin "lovingly" named me Gegor, which is what it sounded like and other relatives picked up on it. Lost the stutter but kept the moniker.

weatherweenie
03-03-2017, 11:41 AM
My brother called me, Grey-egg, soooooo, it could be worse. ;)

Stuttered badly as a kid, couldn't pronounce my middle name Greg. Older cousin "lovingly" named me Gegor, which is what it sounded like and other relatives picked up on it. Lost the stutter but kept the moniker.

SoTex
03-03-2017, 08:22 PM
Well my guess is that no one could figure out that I'am (at the time) from South Texas. Have since retired and moved to Minnesota, close to my kids and grand-kids. Can't see changing my username to Minnie (mouse) .

FogSailing
03-03-2017, 08:46 PM
I was sailing in Puget Sound and got a bit mixed up in the fog between Port Angeles, WA. and Victoria BC. Compasses are good, but when it's that foggy you just sort of hope that the technology is worth its salt. At any rate it reminded me of my TSP account and plotting a course in the in the markets...same story different location... and just as an aside..I remember that Tom helped me with the moniker..:D:D:D

FS

1965Vintage
03-03-2017, 10:48 PM
I was born in 1965 and I love Vintage Guitars. My dream guitar is a 1965 Gibson Byrdland. Maybe when I win the lottery.................. :)

RazorCat
03-05-2017, 10:33 AM
Well my guess is that no one could figure out that I'am (at the time) from South Texas. Have since retired and moved to Minnesota, close to my kids and grand-kids. Can't see changing my username to Minnie (mouse) .
What part of South Texas are you from? I used to stay in San Antonio, and travel to FCI Bastrop, and on down to FCI Three Rivers. Stayed in George West a few times. Some great BBQ places around there. Cooper's in Llano. And a little place called Van's outside of Three Rivers that was in an old gas station. Larapin.
Even fished Choke Canyon Lake a few times and stayed in the Nolan Ryan Bass Inn.
Did you ever frequent any of those places?

SoTex
03-05-2017, 10:56 AM
What part of South Texas are you from? I used to stay in San Antonio, and travel to FCI Bastrop, and on down to FCI Three Rivers. Stayed in George West a few times. Some great BBQ places around there. Cooper's in Llano. And a little place called Van's outside of Three Rivers that was in an old gas station. Larapin.
Even fished Choke Canyon Lake a few times and stayed in the Nolan Ryan Bass Inn.
Did you ever frequent any of those places?

I worked at the Continental -United CMO / FAA in Houston, I lived south in Galveston county little town of Bayou Vista. I did do some hunting in west Texas, just south of Campwood. Most of my travels were international, I was assigned to Continental Micronesia, lots of travel to Guam and Eastern Asia.
No never did frequent any of those places you mentioned but I bet they're great.

Sent from my iPad using TSP Talk Forums (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=74921)

SWAVET
03-07-2017, 08:43 AM
SWAVET = Southwest Asia Veteran with 1st EOD Group during Operation Desert Shield/Storm/Sabre

Firedog
03-07-2017, 08:47 AM

KrapLrak
03-07-2017, 10:25 AM
My name backwards or Krap for short.

RazorCat
03-07-2017, 12:02 PM
I worked at the Continental -United CMO / FAA in Houston, I lived south in Galveston county little town of Bayou Vista. I did do some hunting in west Texas, just south of Campwood. Most of my travels were international, I was assigned to Continental Micronesia, lots of travel to Guam and Eastern Asia.
No never did frequent any of those places you mentioned but I bet they're great.

I live just across the Texas line in Arkansas these days (lower property taxes). But, I was born and raised in Texas. No place like it.
I do plan to visit Minn. one day. Beautiful lakes, and great fishing.

SoTex
03-07-2017, 12:18 PM
You should drop me a note before you head up this way, We could try and get together 👍🇨🇱 PM.

guppie
03-07-2017, 03:02 PM
small fish big pond as an investor

RazorCat
03-07-2017, 04:14 PM
You should drop me a note before you head up this way, We could try and get together  PM.
Definitely. Same here. If you're ever back down this way, let me know. If you're driving South from Minnesota you'll likely drive through Texarkana on I-30 into Texas. I'll fire up the BGE and cook up some ribs.

SoTex
03-07-2017, 04:30 PM
Definitely. Same here. If you're ever back down this way, let me know. If you're driving South from Minnesota you'll likely drive through Texarkana on I-30 into Texas. I'll fire up the BGE and cook up some ribs.

Thanks that sounds like a plan[emoji106][emoji1071]

alevin
03-07-2017, 06:31 PM
small fish big pond as an investor

Me: https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/alevin.

little fish grow up to be bigger fish in big water if they survive going downriver at least once and use what they learned as they work their way back upstream later, older and wiser, one hopes. Even after growing into bigger battlescarred adult salmon, swimming upriver against the current requires determination, experience, energy and a little luck thrown in that you get the right flow conditions while making that effort, to help you get where you want to be in the end. Partial explanation for how I arrived at my name. took a lot of thought ahead of time. I mentally tested a lot of possible names, before this one stuck with me, easy to say, easy to write, meaningful to me as someone working towards retirement, meaningful from a professional and regional geography standpoint as well.

Frixxxx
03-07-2017, 06:54 PM
Frixxxx

Nickname in school Frix

4X (Forex) cause I was into it when I registered here....

burrocrat
03-07-2017, 07:39 PM

powdered toast man was gonna be my second choice if burrocrat was already taken...

burrocrat
03-07-2017, 07:55 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3hhjlt

burrocrat
03-07-2017, 08:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLNlhZJJU-E