PDA

View Full Version : Transfer 6/17 for 6/18/04

tsptalk
06-17-2004, 10:22 AM
30% G, 35% C, 35% S

tsptalk
06-17-2004, 10:41 AM
The reason for the change is in today's market comments (http://www.tsptalk.com/comments_archive/comments_6_17_04.html). I had suggested earlier today that I may not make a move because of the market being down "more than modestly". We are seeing a bit of a rebound so I decided to go ahead and make the transfer.

JSRoss01
06-23-2004, 09:07 AM
Are there going to be any moves coming soon that you would recommend? I have been 30 G, 35 C, 35 S for some time now.

tsptalk
06-23-2004, 09:40 AM
JSRoss01 wrote:
Are there going to be any moves coming soon that you would recommend? I have been 30 G, 35 C, 35 S for some time now.
Me too.Italk about iteveryday in the market comments (http://www.tsptalk.com/comments.html).

Are four days in the same funds getting you ansy? :DActually, I'm considering moving more in S fund (from C). It's been acting stronger lately. I'll let you know if I do something. That may just come with next week's change.

Tom

gunner
06-24-2004, 07:36 AM
I have allocated 20% to G and 80% to I- over a month and have earned more than 2.1%:^

Hope it continues. What do you think? If the I fund goes down I will transfer my G funds to I.

If gas prices :sdrop significanty (20%) I will consider moving heavily into the C and S funds.

tsptalk
06-24-2004, 08:58 AM
gunner wrote:
I have allocated 20% to G and 80% to I- over a month and have earned more than 2.1%:^

Hope it continues. What do you think? If the I fund goes down I will transfer my G funds to I.

If gas prices :sdrop significanty (20%) I will consider moving heavily into the C and S funds.

I like the S and C fund over the I fund currently, just based on what the U.S. dollar is doing. That could change next week but for now I'm before getting into theI fund.

tsptalk
06-24-2004, 09:47 AM
Let me clarify my above posts a bit and say that I am not suggesting the I fund will go down or even that it will underperform the C and S funds. I am saying that the EAFE index, the index which the I fund tracks, is not the only factor when playing the I fund. If the EAFE is up but the U.S. dollar is also up, the I fund does not go up as much as ther EAFE index. When the dollar is down, the I fund should do better than whatever the EAFE index does. Right now the dollar is in a position (to me) of being ready to go up rather than down.

Again that does not mean the EAFE index will go down. If the EAFE index has a big day or week and goes up 3% butthe dollar is also up, the I fund may only be up 2.5%. So the I fund can still do well. I would just rather be in there when the wind is at my back and the dollar is looking to go down.

Tom

puertorico
06-25-2004, 09:03 AM
Looking forward to play stock and out o {g} for monday.

Like Tom says,End of june and the begining of july look

good historically season.No body know, but the past number

have been good.Ready to play the game?:DI'm in "monday":s

puertorico
06-25-2004, 09:13 AM
not shure how allocate

60-s 30-c 10-I