PDA

View Full Version : Interfund Transfer 3/07 for 3/08/06

tsptalk
03-07-2006, 10:35 AM
This may not be the best timing in the world, but I'll feel better being on the sidelines right now. I'm making an interfund transfer this morning going to 100% G fund. This will be effective 3/07 (COB 3/08).

riveras16
03-08-2006, 02:10 AM
Good morning ,
Newbie question? Under which index does the TSP falls? If I am tracking like you do obviously. Where do I look at to see the ups and downs out the many choices there?
Thanks.

Rod
03-08-2006, 02:23 AM
Good morning ,
Newbie question? Under which index does the TSP falls? If I am tracking like you do obviously. Where do I look at to see the ups and downs out the many choices there?
Thanks.

Welcome!

I am sort of the "nightshift" Moderator, so I'm sure Tom is fast asleep and won't mind me pointing you in the right direction:

http://www.tsptalk.com/funds.html

You also may want to scroll to the very bottom of this page.

God Bless:)

riveras16
03-08-2006, 06:49 AM
I actually looked at that page but obvioulsy didnt know what I was looking at.Thanks for the help I will get better on this soon...

tsptalk
03-08-2006, 08:33 AM
Each quote service can be different. Here is a popular one...

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=^gspc,^dwcpf,EFA,agg&d=t

Brett
03-15-2006, 11:04 AM
I put my allocations from G last week to 40%I, 40%S and 20%C, but just now, looking at the charts, have decided to put everything back into G. It’s been a good week, but I think there may be a pull back. The transfer page at TSP.gov says 2 business days for change; how long has it been taking the rest of you to notice the change? Thanks

Soldat
03-15-2006, 11:15 AM
If you enter the transfer before noon E.T. then it will be effective COB price, that day.

Brett
03-15-2006, 01:30 PM
Thanks Sodat and I'm surprised it's that fast!

Timmie-O
03-16-2006, 11:23 PM
Now that I am an expert at this, I made a ITR effective Friday, 6/17/05 like this -- G fund 85%, C fund 5%, S fund 5%, and I fund 5%. Previously I had the C, S, and I funds more fully funded.

Look to your health; and if you have it, praise God, and value it next to a good conscience; for health is the second blessing that we mortals are capable of; a blessing that money cannot buy.

Timmie-O
03-21-2006, 09:37 PM
"I made a ITR effective Friday, 6/17/05 like this -- G fund 85%, C fund 5%, S fund 5%, and I fund 5%. Previously I had the C, S, and I funds more fully funded."

Days like this I wish I had keen vision to stay in the G fund. For a day or so.:mad: :mad:

GLENNB
03-26-2006, 09:25 AM
This may not be the best timing in the world, but I'll feel better being on the sidelines right now. I'm making an interfund transfer this morning going to 100% G fund. This will be effective 3/07 (COB 3/08).

I AM 100% S FUND ,I THINK DOW WILL GO TO ALL TIME HIGH, ALTHOUGH I WILL BE EXERCISING CAUTION THE WEEK PRIOR TO APRIL 15TH,ON OR ABOUT THE 8TH OF APRIL INTO G FUND, STOCKS FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS HAVE LOST 2-3% IN THAT 7 DAYS AND BUY BACK IN THE END OF DAY APRIL 15TH,THOSE IN I-FUND BEWARE OF FX,ITS NOT WISE TO BE IN WHILE EURO AND YEN ARE GOING UP AGAIST DOLLAR.

SkyPilot
03-26-2006, 10:48 AM
THOSE IN I-FUND BEWARE OF FX,ITS NOT WISE TO BE IN WHILE EURO AND YEN ARE GOING UP AGAIST DOLLAR.

Actually, as the USD declines against the Euro and Yen, this helps the I fund.

vectorman
03-31-2006, 12:14 AM
Tom, your message box is full...

"tsptalk has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space"

Timmie-O
04-04-2006, 09:42 PM
"This may not be the best timing in the world, but I'll feel better being on the sidelines right now. I'm making an interfund transfer this morning going to 100% G fund. This will be effective 3/07 (COB 3/08)."

For the last two weeks or so, the front page of the Investor Business Daily under MARKET PULSE says Current Outlook: Market in confirmed rally. They may be onto something there.:confused:

tsptalk
04-09-2006, 08:49 PM
That depends if you want to be anticipatory or reactionary.

My indicators being in a cautious mode doesn't mean the market will go down necessarily. It just means you should, well, procede with caution because the odds are getting lower for a major advance. The S&P 500 is right where it was on January 11. If it wasn't for the small caps and I fund I'd say the hasn't been all that exciting the past 3 months.

The strong S&P earnings yield to bond yield ratio is what is keeping stocks afloat. If there are any problems with earnings this quarter (due out any day) we could see an acceleration to the down side. If they are strong, stocks could remain afloat.

So, it's not that the market is in a confirmed bull market. It's, what is it going to be next week or month? The S&P 500 would have to fall to 1270 to 1250 to be out of that confirmed bull market, and that would put the S&P where it was in August. I wouldn't want to wait that long to get out. Aggressive investors have done well and may choose ride things out longer. Unfortunately, I don't have that luxury.

Brett
04-11-2006, 06:37 AM
With this week’s poll is saying most of us are bullish, I'm not so sure and taking a break in the G fund. I think that recently S has been a dog, C has been little better than flat and I is catching its breath. If gold value is an indication of markets fearing inflation, the fed has indicated he is on track to raise interest rates again. I’m confused on which way the market wants to go, and so, this week I’m a Bear.