PDA

View Full Version : Intrepid Timer

Rostato
01-05-2017, 05:15 PM
Hi all. I have been thinking of subscribing to Intrepid Timer for a little while now. I really just want to know if it's still active. All the information here is very outdated, so it doesn't give me much confidence about spending money.

I just want want to make sure I'm not throwing away $30 to see what it's all about.

Thanks!

uscfanhawaii
01-05-2017, 05:39 PM
TSP Talk - Interpid Timer's Investment Strategies (http://www.tsptalk.com/intrepid.php)

Definitely still active...and new and improved for 2017!! Click on the link to get a detailed description on the service. (The link is from the TSP Talk front page.)

I like it!! But review the details and make your own conclusions. :cool2:

tsptalk
01-05-2017, 05:43 PM
Hi Rotato -

Intrepid Timer is alive and well and updated daily.

Rostato
01-05-2017, 05:57 PM
Thanks. I saw that page, but it just seemed outdated. Anyway, so it is averaging about 2 moves per month on the tsp, and how many for mutual funds/ etfs?

uscfanhawaii
01-05-2017, 08:32 PM
Thanks. I saw that page, but it just seemed outdated. Anyway, so it is averaging about 2 moves per month on the tsp, and how many for mutual funds/ etfs?

ETFs are not bound by the TSP rule of 2 per month. So ETF signals come out whenever the system identifies it. Check with IT directly if you would like more specifics.

tsptalk
01-05-2017, 08:36 PM
Check with IT directly if you would like more specifics.

To send a message to Intrepid...

http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/private.php?do=newpm&u=3310

Intrepid_Timer
01-05-2017, 08:58 PM
Some might think I'm dead and forgotten, but not hardly............... :)

Intrepid_Timer
01-05-2017, 09:01 PM

"Typically" we'd see see two buy signals per month for ETFs and one for TSP. That would mean four total trades for ETFs per month and 3 for TSP. Three because we normally have an S fund trade, a F fund trade and a G fund trade. ETF trades will vary quite a bit, but we also abide by the 3-day settlement rules, so one doesn't need a margin account. As a swing trader, I prefer to average about one trade a week, but it doesn't always work out that way.

Rostato
01-06-2017, 01:24 AM
"Typically" we'd see see two buy signals per month for ETFs and one for TSP. That would mean four total trades for ETFs per month and 3 for TSP. Three because we normally have an S fund trade, a F fund trade and a G fund trade. ETF trades will vary quite a bit, but we also abide by the 3-day settlement rules, so one doesn't need a margin account. As a swing trader, I prefer to average about one trade a week, but it doesn't always work out that way.

thank you very much. I'll have a talk with my wife and see what we decide. I am wanting a more hands on approach with our tsp and retirement funds and this seems to kill 2 birds with one stone without making me work too much at it.

Cattman
08-18-2017, 08:07 AM
You won't be sorry.. I've improved my TSP account drastically following IT...

Valkyrie
08-18-2017, 10:21 AM
You won't be sorry.. I've improved my TSP account drastically following IT...

caused me to lose over 5% in two days one yr when I joined. it had zero remorse. it and tsptalk kicked me out and refunded my money due to my complaints. it cause a lot of people to lose money that yr. it had zero remorse while counting his subscription money and then raised his fees. disgusting

tsptalk
08-18-2017, 10:35 AM
caused me to lose over 5% in two days one yr when I joined. it had zero remorse. it and tsptalk kicked me out and refunded my money due to my complaints. it cause a lot of people to lose money that yr. it had zero remorse while counting his subscription money and then raised his fees. disgusting
Yeah, I remember that. Sorry you didn't have a good experience. You complained about the service so we gave you your money back, and you complained about that. We have a lot of satisfied subscribers but unfortunately we'll never be able to please everyone. It's also unfortunate that you're missing IT's 12.7% gains this year. But we appreciate your input on the forum.

Valkyrie
08-18-2017, 10:54 AM
Yeah, I remember that. Sorry you didn't have a good experience. You complained about the service so we gave you your money back, and you complained about that. We have a lot of satisfied subscribers but unfortunately we'll never be able to please everyone. It's also unfortunate that you're missing IT's 12.7% gains this year. But we appreciate your input on the forum.

I complained about the refund because I didn't ask to be canceled, u just did it without even asking me if I wanted to cancel. others were complaining also, I was sent PMs by others. I was just loud and u and it didn't like that. my gains this yr are about the same, plus I save the extremely very high fee. thanks.

tsptalk
08-18-2017, 10:56 AM
I'm glad you're having a good year. We're all happy now.