PDA

View Full Version : I fund

pogo
02-20-2006, 03:54 AM
does anyone have any thoughts on the effect of the I-fund when (if) Iran turns to the euro when it comes to oil

tsptalk
02-20-2006, 01:05 PM
Sounds as if it will benefit the I fund as the dollar would be the victim.

http://www.thetrumpet.com/index.php?page=article&id=1704

Fivetears
02-22-2006, 09:37 PM
Sounds as if it will benefit the I fund as the dollar would be the victim.

http://www.thetrumpet.com/index.php?page=article&id=1704

What a read; dated 6 months ago. March is getting close, Tom. So... what's our plan? What's our back-up? Does the US have a counter-move on the board, or are we just going fold financially? :confused:

tsptalk
02-22-2006, 10:22 PM
I almost pulled the trigger to get something into the I fund Wednesday morning but the market was too strong. The dollar is still rallying right now but I can see it pausing at least temporarily.

The problem with reacting to a story is that you are usually too late to the party as the market has already factored the news in. But since this is an old story, maybe?? It's interesting that the dollar fell thru August but started to rebound strongly in September. Sell the rumor, buy the bad news?

Fivetears
02-23-2006, 01:11 AM
I guess we'll keep our ears to the rails this March and listen for the I-Fund "Running of the Bulls." Hopefully the Bear Train is on the southbound set of tracks.

The WORST March on TSP tap; 2001 (6.67)%.
The BEST March on TSP tap; 2002 5.82%.

The March TSP I-Fund stats are 2 out of 5 times in positive territory since 2001.
Got Odds?
100% I-Fund :cool:

Ichiro
02-23-2006, 04:03 AM
I plan to back up my truck when the market drops in the next several months. I will be dumping my $$$ into my ROTH IRAs and dividend reinvestment program once the market drifts lower. I am sure that Buffet and the value investors such as the Mutual Series mutual funds will be very busy adding more stocks to their portfolio. As we all know, it is hard to win in the short run in the stock market.

Brett
03-01-2006, 07:47 AM
If you look at the I-fund chart for Tuesday, you see an up tick in the last hour, something you don't see on the C or S funds. I'm holding pat and hoping that that is a sign of a rally for the I-fund for today.