PDA

View Full Version : Beware the market ‘shenanigans’ promised by a dull August

NewsFeeder
08-09-2016, 08:30 AM
Beware the market ‘shenanigans’ promised by a dull August

Beware the market (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/finance/external/cbsm/rss/SIG=11iiumket/*http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?guid=20F76FB8-5DF2-11E6-9524-68AA7CA179F4&siteid=yhoof2)

tsptalk
08-09-2016, 09:15 AM
From the article...

He says this means we should just ignore the billionaires out there who say flee this market because they — Jeff Gundlach, Bill Gross, Goldman Sachs — are dead wrong.

“I don’t care if you have $100 billion in the bank or if you’re begging for nickels at the bus stop — if you’re fighting the market, you’re gonna get burned,” warns Guenthner.

Jefferies’s chief global equity strategist Sean Darby seemed to echo a bit of that, in a note sent to clients Tuesday. This bull market may be the most unloved on record, but “U.S. market breadth continues to improve, we would not recommend shorting the market,” he says.

userque
08-09-2016, 09:19 AM
From the article...

He says this means we should just ignore the billionaires out there who say flee this market because they — Jeff Gundlach, Bill Gross, Goldman Sachs — are dead wrong.

“I don’t care if you have $100 billion in the bank or if you’re begging for nickels at the bus stop — if you’re fighting the market, you’re gonna get burned,” warns Guenthner.

Jefferies’s chief global equity strategist Sean Darby seemed to echo a bit of that, in a note sent to clients Tuesday. This bull market may be the most unloved on record, but “U.S. market breadth continues to improve, we would not recommend shorting the market,” he says.

So what are you thinking tsptalk...now is a good time to short?

:)

tsptalk
08-09-2016, 09:30 AM
So what are you thinking tsptalk...now is a good time to short?

:)
Nah, not yet. I like the unloved markets.

This bull market may be the most unloved on record

This week could change that, though.