PDA

View Full Version : TSP Quarterly Statements

mlk_man
01-24-2006, 08:52 AM
Just a reminder that last year's 4th quarter statements will be available online tomorrow. They will also be mailed tomorrow if you chose this option.

M_M

ChemEng
01-25-2006, 01:27 PM
Still only showing Q3 for me...

bkrownd
01-25-2006, 05:11 PM
They aren't exactly speedy about posting them.

mlk_man
01-26-2006, 06:26 AM
Still aren't up. They lied.....................:mad:

ChemEng
01-26-2006, 06:38 AM
Still not up...

Is there a complaint form somewhere?

ChemEng
01-26-2006, 06:54 AM
And then the website says this:

January 26th — Participant statements will be available on this Web site in Account Access on January 26th, and will be mailed shortly thereafter.

They switched the date without any note apologizing for the delay. :/

mlk_man
01-26-2006, 07:38 AM
Too funny...........glad you mentioned something, some here might of thought I was nuts about the 25th..........or more nuts than I am.........:D

mlk_man
01-26-2006, 07:44 AM
Guess what? Statements are up..............:)

ChemEng
01-26-2006, 10:38 AM
17.7% for last quarter... :)

mlk_man
01-26-2006, 10:48 AM
22.3% here. Of course that includes contributions............:D

Master
01-26-2006, 11:07 AM
TSP statements were posted earlier this morning. You can calculate the ACTUAL RETURNS by using the following simple formula:

(Change in account value)
(Initial balance + (Contributions/2))

This is because, on average, contributions were only working for your return during half of the time.

cowboy
01-26-2006, 11:07 AM
If I figured my account that way MM it shows about a 29.99% gain over the year but I am sure it depends on your level of wages and how much your contributing, when you figure this way. Still very nice gains in one year for savings in the future. Good luck in 2006!!

cowboy
01-26-2006, 11:23 AM
TSP statements were posted earlier this morning. You can calculate the ACTUAL RETURNS by using the following simple formula:

This is because, on average, contributions were only working for your return during half of the time.

This is a very simple way of figuring your gain for the year! I have used this formula for the past 2 years and my account using this very close to accurate figuring showed a 13.07% gain for 2006. It works quarterly or every two weeks if you want to use it to figure your return every pay period you can do that too! The (change in account value) is stated as your (increase/decrease in value)for each statement. In minutes u know your value gained!

mlk_man
01-26-2006, 11:27 AM
If I figured my account that way MM it shows about a 29.99% gain over the year but I am sure it depends on your level of wages and how much your contributing, when you figure this way. Still very nice gains in one year for savings in the future. Good luck in 2006!!

My post was for the quarter Cowboy.

Good luck to you also.

cowboy
01-26-2006, 12:02 PM
My post was for the quarter Cowboy.

Good luck to you also.

I am sorry that I did not realize that your post was quarterly. But figuring this way only states the percentage growth of the account and size will effect that percentage up or down. If you use the Master's formula as posted. It will give you a very accurate percentage rate and possibly even closer then the fund tracker posts as it uses actual account information. My actual percentage for 4th quarter was 5.2836% for the quarter. Yours should be higher as I think you did better then I did last quarter.

mlk_man
01-26-2006, 12:13 PM
My original post was meant to be sarcastic............:p

I add my return daily so I don't even need a statement. I just use them to show others how "we" are doing in our TSP accounts.

Militants in charge of Palestine. Oh boy.....................:rolleyes:

cowboy
01-26-2006, 01:00 PM
My original post was meant to be sarcastic............:p

I add my return daily so I don't even need a statement. I just use them to show others how "we" are doing in our TSP accounts.

Militants in charge of Palestine. Oh boy.....................:rolleyes:

Yes I wonder what is going to happen with that too! It was a democratic vote in Palestine was it not? I don't think any of them had a plan in the direction for peace any way. The locals are probably getting restless with the political system there. Lets hope this market holds up today.

FUTURESTRADER
01-26-2006, 02:13 PM

sorry...let me look at this again

Dave M
01-26-2006, 04:33 PM
As I was drifting off to sleep this morning following my night shift, I listened to NPR talking about the election. The lady interviewer asked the respondent, "Wasn't there any way they could have been kept off the ballot?"

Amazing.

Dave

EW_ret
03-20-2006, 02:40 PM
TSP has stopped mailing quarterly statements, as the default setting. Starting this year (2006) mailing of statements was turned off, unless you mail in the green form (Renewal Requests For Mailed Participant Statements) they included in your 4th Quarter 2005 statement.

If you had your TSP quarterly statements mailed, check your TSP account online under Participant Statements. The mailing can also be turned back on if you log into your TSP account, and go to Participant Statements. Click on choice "Have Statements Mailed To Me" and then click on confirmation button at bottom of next screen.

mlk_man
10-11-2006, 07:34 AM
Just realized that 3rd quarter statements are available online now.

mlk_man
01-11-2007, 12:19 PM
2006 4th quarter statements are now available.

James48843
01-24-2007, 08:30 AM
Yep- TSP quarterly statements (end of year, 2006) are out.

I