PDA

View Full Version : I fund down .8% but share price gained .02?

flatfish
01-13-2006, 10:09 AM
Can someone explain how the share price can go up when the fund apparently went south for the day (1/12/06) ?

LA_Guy
01-13-2006, 10:27 AM
Because I Fund is controlled by the Mafia.:) Just kidding!!!
Here is the answer to your question (Read #6)

http://tsp.gov/faq/faq4.html

Wheels
01-13-2006, 10:43 AM
Can someone explain how the share price can go up when the fund apparently went south for the day (1/12/06) ?

Here is my post on this subject from another thread.

The MSCI EAFE was up .099% today (that is already adjusted for the dollar). The I fund went up exactly what it was supposed to. There should be no adjustment tomorrow. Tom keeps a link to the EFA on the bottom of this page with a header that says "EAFE (I fund)" but this is a link to the index "fund", not the index itself. There is no way to track the index itself on an intraday basis. I think this causes a little confusion. Morgan Stanley posts the results of the actual index each day at around 3:00pm at this address

www.msci.com/equity/index2.html

You'll find this post to accurately predict the price of the I fund over 95% of the time, except on the days that the TSP board does their little fair valuation thing, but again, today wasn't one of those days.

Dave
<><

tennisguy
01-13-2006, 09:15 PM
and today it's down .05 or .27%

but monday i am in the I fund. I figure what do I have to lose. feels like i am gambling cooooome on red!

Tennisguy