PDA

View Full Version : mama_kins account

mama_kins
01-09-2006, 03:25 PM
Question -- since being a newbie, I don't really know alot about this stuff. So, bear with me.

So, trading is only Mon-Friday, and not on the weekends. What time in the morning do they start and at what hour at the end of the day do they end?

Cortez
01-09-2006, 03:49 PM
The markets are open for trading Monday through Friday (except holidays) from 9:30am to 4pm Eastern Time. In TSP, if you want to make a change to your account that day, it has to be done before 12 noon eastern to be effective at the end of that day, otherwise the change will not take effect until the end of the next day.

mama_kins
01-09-2006, 04:32 PM
I understand about the 12noon Eastern cutoff. But, I was just wondering.... while looking at these graphs at the bottom of the page, just when trading for the day ceases. I seem to try to follow those graphs quite a bit during the day.

Thanks

KAPLOWD
01-09-2006, 05:04 PM
Markets close at 4pm EST.

mama_kins
01-21-2006, 08:26 AM
Another question.

I think it was on Thursday that C,S,and I did so well. However, I didn't see my account increase on the tsp.gov website. I called them and they said that due to the holiday, they were behind in getting the accounts updated. I thought, hmmm.

But, now today when I looked; of course, I was still in the C,S, and I, and of course, it took a big hit. Of course, my account went down. Initially, I thought maybe when C,S,I went up the day before and went down yesterday, that maybe I would have come out a bit more even from the previous day. But, no, not in the least.

So, does this sound right what they said? Seems like they missed the day when the C,S,I had a good increase the other day.

mama_kins
01-21-2006, 09:08 AM
Another question.

I think it was on Thursday that C,S,and I did so well. However, I didn't see my account increase on the tsp.gov website. I called them and they said that due to the holiday, they were behind in getting the accounts updated. I thought, hmmm.

But, now today when I looked; of course, I was still in the C,S, and I, and of course, it took a big hit. Of course, my account went down. Initially, I thought maybe when C,S,I went up the day before and went down yesterday, that maybe I would have come out a bit more even from the previous day. But, no, not in the least.

So, does this sound right what they said? Seems like they missed the day when the C,S,I had a good increase the other day.

-----------------------
I will also add that on Thursday when the C,S,I funds all increased, my account on tsp.gov when down $8. I don't understand that. So, I never did see an increase when the 3 funds all went up.