PDA

View Full Version : SuperBowl 50 Poll

tsptalk
02-05-2016, 04:39 PM
I've been out of town and forgot to post a Superbowl survey. Here we go...

https://www.websitetoolbox.com/cgi/view/poll.cgi?username=tsptalk&showPage=1 (https://www.websitetoolbox.com/cgi/members/poll_edit.cgi?action=view&id=35240)

konakathy
02-05-2016, 05:28 PM
I've been out of town and forgot to post a Superbowl survey. Here we go...

https://www.websitetoolbox.com/cgi/members/poll_edit.cgi?action=view&id=35240

This link "does not compute." :blink:

tsptalk
02-05-2016, 06:36 PM
Oops! It's on the home page too, but does this one work?

https://www.websitetoolbox.com/cgi/view/poll.cgi?username=tsptalk&showPage=1 (https://www.websitetoolbox.com/cgi/view/poll.cgi?username=tsptalk&showPage=1)

Lakebound
02-05-2016, 06:39 PM

https://www.websitetoolbox.com/cgi/view/poll.cgi?username=tsptalk&showPage=1 (https://www.websitetoolbox.com/cgi/view/poll.cgi?username=tsptalk&showPage=1)
Yes.

Frank

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

burrocrat
02-05-2016, 06:40 PM

yep, that one takes me to a pop-up window where i was able to pick the obvious winner, go broncos!

burrocrat
02-06-2016, 03:16 PM
does anybody want to bet on the game?

i got an ounce of tsptalk silver says the broncos win. i will take the first bet from anybody who says different. if you don't have tsptalk silver to pay me back when you lose, you can always just buy me something nice from the tsptalk store to help round out my collection.

Dinicti
02-06-2016, 03:37 PM
Burro, I will take it, but I do not want to give up my silver. I will buy you either a Amazon or Starbucks or any other gifted card instead. Is that ok? I am saying Carolina wins.

burrocrat
02-06-2016, 04:04 PM
Burro, I will take it, but I do not want to give up my silver. I will buy you either a Amazon or Starbucks or any other gifted card instead. Is that ok? I am saying Carolina wins.

deal, bet is on, but i would prefer a tsptalk tshirt or something, we can work out the details later after you lose.

ripper
02-07-2016, 08:49 AM
Any sports bettors on here?

I used to bet on sports for many years, but quit a few years ago. I guess trading 3X ETF's kind of satisfied my gambling fix. :laugh: But I like Denver plus 6 points.

I still buy squares on Super Bowl boards. I don't consider that technically as gambling since it's a 100% payout with no cut going to the house. ;)

FogSailing
02-07-2016, 08:53 AM
I with the Broncos today. Go Peyton!

FS

userque
02-07-2016, 09:30 AM
Any sports bettors on here?

I used to bet on sports for many years, but quit a few years ago. I guess trading 3X ETF's kind of satisfied my gambling fix. :laugh: But I like Denver plus 6 points.

I still buy squares on Super Bowl boards. I don't consider that technically as gambling since it's a 100% payout with no cut going to the house. ;)

FRONTLINE - Documentary films and thought-provoking journalism (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/)

The Fantasy Sports Gamble:
An investigation with the New York Times into fantasy sports and online sports betting.

burrocrat
02-07-2016, 05:35 PM
woo hooo! game on.

i love hearing the national anthem. i love it at sporting events from little league baseball games to on tv in the biggest market of all. i love it. i used see and feel and hear the blue angels buzz seafair in seattle for some years, i love that too. but my most favorite is at minor league baseball in local markets on fireworks night...

and the rockets red glare (woomp woomp woomp... booom booom booom!) shake you to your core. i love it no matter who sings or signs it. it makes me want to slap the crap out of anyone who doesn't stand and shut up and take their cover off and hold their hand over their heart. woo hooo!

c'mon manning, roll thunder.

DreamboatAnnie
02-07-2016, 05:52 PM
Wooo hoooooGo Broncos!! And LadyGaga did a great job on our National Anthem!!

userque
02-07-2016, 06:06 PM
Bad call

burrocrat
02-07-2016, 06:09 PM
Bad call

never demonstrated control.

hee! haw! eat it cam kid. stuffed.

userque
02-07-2016, 06:09 PM
Looks like the Panthers will have to play against the refs too. I wish them luck.

userque
02-07-2016, 06:13 PM
Looks like Denver brought some kryptonite with them.

burrocrat
02-07-2016, 06:14 PM
Looks like the Panthers will have to play against the refs too. I wish them luck.

it will come down to a field goal in overtime, it always does in the riggednfl anymore. but meanwhile gunner got his sights all messed up, couldn't hit a brick.

there, refs made it back up. you can stick your hand in a guys face twice and when he reacts he get penalized not you. even stephen.

userque
02-07-2016, 06:22 PM
You gotta wonder sometimes if these games really are 'rigged.'

it will come down to a field goal in overtime, it always does in the riggednfl anymore. but meanwhile gunner got his sights all messed up, couldn't hit a brick.

there, refs made it back up. you can stick your hand in a guys face twice and when he reacts he get penalized not you. even stephen.

userque
02-07-2016, 06:25 PM
You gotta wonder sometimes if these games really are 'rigged.'

But so far, looks to me that Carolina is simply being out-played by Denver.

burrocrat
02-07-2016, 06:31 PM
the problem so far seems to be carolina did not bring their boogie woogie. but it is really easy to read riverboat ron's lips.

burrocrat
02-07-2016, 06:33 PM
here come thunder, old man peyton gonna make it rain.

userque
02-07-2016, 06:37 PM
Stopped following football when I stopped playing varsity. So, I haven't seen these two teams before. But, looks like both have strong offenses. Seems it'll boil down to how well their defenses can perform. That said:

Looks like Denver's defense lacks discipline. Amateur opinion...we'll see.

burrocrat
02-07-2016, 06:48 PM
hee hee hee, hit him before he even caught it then got shucked out of their shoes.

k0nkuzh0n
02-07-2016, 07:00 PM
Stopped following football when I stopped playing varsity. So, I haven't seen these two teams before. But, looks like both have strong offenses. Seems it'll boil down to how well their defenses can perform. That said:

Looks like Denver's defense lacks discipline. Amateur opinion...we'll see.
denver has the best defense in the NFL. Carolina is not far behind them.

FogSailing
02-07-2016, 07:26 PM
So far Broncos are rockin it. Good first half!!

FS

userque
02-07-2016, 09:08 PM
Denver is just too much for the Panthers

burrocrat
02-07-2016, 09:19 PM
it was rigged from the git go, got to let the old man walk off with dignity, the crowds will love it, cam kid can get his rigged highlights later, in about 18 years.

userque
02-07-2016, 09:22 PM
it was rigged from the git go, got to let the old man walk off with dignity, the crowds will love it, cam kid can get his rigged highlights later, in about 18 years.

dunno if it was rigged, but that looked like a bonafide az whopin to me.

ripper
02-07-2016, 09:46 PM
I won $5,850 on the boards. Only invested $2,450. :laugh:

burrocrat
02-07-2016, 09:50 PM
I won $5,850 on the boards. Only invested $2,450. :laugh:

i think i won a tshirt or a hat.

tsptalk
02-07-2016, 09:54 PM
I won my first superbowl bet in probably 6 years. The curse is over.

While I was in NV last week I asked my son if he wanted me to make a bet on the game for him, and he said he'll take whichever team I don't! He knew the curse, but it's over baby! Finally! :banana: :laugh:

userque
02-07-2016, 09:55 PM
i think i won a tshirt or a hat.

Fedora?

burrocrat
02-07-2016, 09:58 PM
i wish there was an easily findable link to the tsptalk merchandise store because i am ready to pick out my free stuff dinicti gonna buy me.

tsptalk
02-07-2016, 10:10 PM
Anybody watch the Cam Newton press conference? Obviously disappointed, but this guy has no class. One word answers while he keeps his head down?

burrocrat
02-07-2016, 10:11 PM
ok dinicti, i skimmed the monthly returns winner thread and i found where they go to pick their prizes...

i want this:

or else i want this (in xl but not in yellow):

and i want some free schwag to go with it, please.

tell tom to pm me for my shipping address. pay up buttercup.

k0nkuzh0n
02-07-2016, 10:16 PM
Pressure can make a great QB look average. Great pass protection can make an average QB look great. Cam was playing a 7 on 7 drill all year. Like Brady, he found out what its like to play against an elite defense.

Dinicti
02-07-2016, 10:19 PM
Burro, do you think this is turning up to be your year (with your Burro-Ark faring wonderfully)? Congrats on your Broncos! I can surely get you this, but I would rather get you something a little more mature than a tsp t-shirt. As I work in Kentucky I can send you some excellent Buffalo Trace Bourbon? You choose.

burrocrat
02-07-2016, 10:30 PM
Burro, do you think this is turning up to be your year (with your Burro-Ark faring wonderfully)? Congrats on your Broncos! I can surely get you this, but I would rather get you something a little more mature than a tsp t-shirt. As I work in Kentucky I can send you some excellent Buffalo Trace Bourbon? You choose.

yes! i would love something local and good with a kick! i'll take the bourbon!

i will keep it on the top shelf of the bar in my rock star party bus when i win one of those those too, i will drive down there and pour you a glass too.

userque
02-07-2016, 10:32 PM
Anybody watch the Cam Newton press conference? Obviously disappointed, but this guy has no class. One word answers while he keeps his head down?

Haven't seen any of it yet, but it's very sad when grown folks can't handle losing a game. He's still young, and has some maturing to do, obviously.

When you dramatize your victories as he does, you should be especially able to handle losing.

Dinicti
02-07-2016, 10:36 PM
Good, will send it to you later this week. As I did you, message me your address and I promise after mailing it will soon be forgotten.

burrocrat
02-07-2016, 10:46 PM
Good, will send it to you later this week. As I did you, message me your address and I promise after mailing it will soon be forgotten.

done deal. address sent. thanks.

k0nkuzh0n
02-07-2016, 11:06 PM
Cam was right. We have never seen anyone like him. Too afraid to dive on a ball with the super bowl on the line; Nope, never seen a QB like that.

burrocrat
02-07-2016, 11:09 PM
woo hoooo! i won me some whiskey! simple man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jglftYyxvC0

nnuut
02-08-2016, 08:48 AM
Denver's Defense is awesome and they won the game. I lost $5 to my Daughter!;swear

tsptalk
02-08-2016, 09:25 AM
cam newton super bowl press conference
(https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome-psyapi2&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8&q=cam%20newton%20superbowl%20press%20conferece&oq=cam%20newton%20superbowl%20press%20conferece&aqs=chrome..69i57.10088j0j8)
https://www.google.com/search?espv=2&q=cam+newton+super+bowl+press+conference&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj6yZ3DvejKAhVF4D4KHdsBDb0QBQgaKAA&biw=1156&bih=801

userque
02-08-2016, 09:38 AM
What's with all the grown men cry babies in this country. When/Why/How did that start?

tsptalk
02-08-2016, 09:49 AM
Peyton Manning's press conference after SB-48 loss...

Starts about 2:20...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DID7kDSTZ5E

and Russell Wilson after SB-49 loss...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmsYJ5XxCJ0

userque
02-08-2016, 09:57 AM
It's been said, and I've repeated it before:

Adversity is the true test of one's character. How do you talk, how do you behave, when faced with adverse circumstances? This is who you really are.

Everyone's great when things are going great.

Congrats to the Bronco fans!

Peyton Manning's press conference after SB-48 loss...

Starts about 2:20...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DID7kDSTZ5E

and Russell Wilson after SB-49 loss...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmsYJ5XxCJ0

Dinicti
02-09-2016, 03:56 PM
Burro, mailed today, hopefully you will get it within a week. It is Buffalo Trace, which I find excellent. I am sure you will like it. Also, it is local tradition when you receive Bourbon Whiskey as a gift--for you to go to the middle of your local town, and this is important--just in your underwear--and with a sheep--and yell: 'I love this sheep! Can anyone marry us?' If you do not have access to a sheep you can use an mannequin.

tom1tom1
02-09-2016, 04:06 PM
Good job Broncos. Newton didn't have a chance with that quick defense. How about back-to-back???

burrocrat
02-09-2016, 05:31 PM
Burro, mailed today, hopefully you will get it within a week. It is Buffalo Trace, which I find excellent. I am sure you will like it. Also, it is local tradition when you receive Bourbon Whiskey as a gift--for you to go to the middle of your local town, and this is important--just in your underwear--and with a sheep--and yell: 'I love this sheep! Can anyone marry us?' If you do not have access to a sheep you can use an mannequin.

ha! thanks, but i don't need bourbon for that. besides, out here somebody might take me serious and try to steal away my lovely sheep. and i am not taking my blowup doll either, do you know how hard it was to get her properly duct taped to my roomba vaccum cleaner? she looks so cute in her little maid outfit as she scurries around cleaning my floors. always has this surprised look on her face like she is happy to see me too.

thanks for the bourbon and being a good sport.

burrocrat
02-12-2016, 01:25 PM
well the usps mail fairy showed up today so i know what i will be doing later this evening. yep, a highball with a few chunks of ice and sipping some smooth kentucky bourbon whiskey, thanks dinicti. it is funny you picked buffalo trace as the brand, very appropriate in more ways than you probably know. this will go on my top shelf, just as soon as i go to menard's this weekend and buy some boards and brackets to make me a top shelf.

nnuut
02-12-2016, 02:00 PM
Hey that BT is really good whiskey, had a bottle like that about 6 Months ago.
Do you know what these two things are?

Dinicti
02-12-2016, 02:53 PM
Burro, glad it made it in one piece!

userque
02-12-2016, 03:08 PM
Hey that BT is really good whiskey, had a bottle like that about 6 Months ago.
Do you know what these two things are?

Barrel Bungs?

nnuut
02-12-2016, 05:37 PM
Exactly, good call. A friend went to the distillery and bought me a bottle and the two Bungs.

userque
02-12-2016, 05:46 PM
Exactly, good call. A friend went to the distillery and bought me a bottle and the two Bungs.

On an older episode of 'How it's Made' (or 'How Do They Do It'? I watch them both) They showed how the industry makes whiskey. (I chucked when I learned what a real bung hole was.)

nnuut
02-12-2016, 06:07 PM
Now that thar is FUNNY!37098

burrocrat
02-12-2016, 07:54 PM
this is some good smooth bourbon, nothing like the paint thinner jim beam. it gives me goose bumps if a take a snort. smooth sippin, i don't usually sip whiskey, this stuff could've saved me much trouble in my younger days.

burrocrat
02-12-2016, 08:48 PM
oohhh, this bourbon has a second and a third aftertaste, smooth and sweet, it just keeps coming at you, kinda like caramel. dangerous stuff. mmmmm.

Dinicti
02-13-2016, 09:57 AM
Got your message Burro, it is good stuff, and it often runs out here in Kentucky as well. Keep up the good work, you are doing really well this year.

burrocrat
04-28-2016, 06:42 PM
anybody paying attention to the nfl draft tonight?

carson wentz is a huge deal out here, hard working good clean young man. nobody wanted to see him go to cleveland so i am glad they traded their pick down. but i think philly is even worse, my family is from western pennsylvania pittsburg/ohio river valley steubenville area and everybody knows philly is the armpit of pennsylvania, and just barely a step above new jersey. that is where you go to buy coke or find hookers or sell stolen stuff.

i really wish john elway and denver will trade some magic and grab an earlier pick and steal wentz away. this kid is going to be legend.

burrocrat
04-28-2016, 06:55 PM
also i hope the first two quarterbacks picked are goff and lynch, let the media and the money chase the big market guys. let carson languish a small market third until denver can steal him. he is going to perform full of heart wherever, but it would be nice if he was a bit closer to home.

burrocrat
04-28-2016, 07:31 PM
boooo! that sucks! i guess i am a philly fan now. but i am a steelers fan from birth, what am i supposed to do know? i have picked steelers first game every tsptalk nfl football pool, now philly? life is cruel. philly just got lucky.

knock 'em dead kid.

ravensfan
04-28-2016, 07:51 PM
Sitting here waiting for my Ravens to announce their pick...Woohoo!!!

burrocrat
04-28-2016, 07:53 PM
Sitting here waiting for my Ravens to announce their pick...Woohoo!!!

well now that mr. stanley is a professional football player, maybe he can afford a decent haircut? is that like a style nowadays? at least they put him in a hat for the photo op.

ravensfan
04-28-2016, 07:56 PM
Hey, don't be dissin the latest Raven...

burrocrat
04-28-2016, 07:58 PM
does philly ever play the ravens? i will bet you on their next game blind. tsptalk silver for a local whiskey. or name your stakes.

ravensfan
04-28-2016, 08:02 PM
We play Philly on December 18th...I would be happy to take another piece of your silver...Bring it big man!

burrocrat
04-28-2016, 08:07 PM
deal. bet is on.

We play Philly on December 18th...I would be happy to take another piece of your silver...Bring it big man!

ravensfan
04-28-2016, 08:16 PM
Just did a little research and was not aware Maryland has not had a distillery since 1972. However, I found the following on the Eastern Shore of Maryland in a town called Easton. (About an hours drive from my humble abode) Here is the web site. Check it out and let me know what your preference is...Ok it's a bet.

Maryland rye whiskey returns | Local | stardem.com (http://www.stardem.com/news/local_news/article_bd37b79e-76d3-5575-8ad6-de640fe98f95.html)

burrocrat
04-28-2016, 08:19 PM
Just did a little research and was not aware Maryland has not had a distillery since 1972. However, I found the following on the Eastern Shore of Maryland in a town called Easton. (About an hours drive from my humble abode) Here is the web site. Check it out and let me know what your preference is...Ok it's a bet.

Maryland rye whiskey returns | Local | stardem.com (http://www.stardem.com/news/local_news/article_bd37b79e-76d3-5575-8ad6-de640fe98f95.html)

i'm good with just about anything. i like 'em hot. but that rye sounds good, from the freedom state. cool. i'll take it.

ravensfan
04-28-2016, 08:29 PM
Oops, my bad...here is the link for the distillery. It's actually made in St Michaels...I feel the need for a motorcycle trip coming on. :D

LYON DISTILLING CO. | MARYLAND RUM & WHISKEY DISTILLERY (http://lyondistilling.com/)

burrocrat
04-28-2016, 08:59 PM
well i am just going to say i am rooting for the tuensel guy or whoever who goes to miami. was it untimely? maybe. was it sabatoge? maybe. was it him? when asked directly, he answered directly "yes. i am glad for the chance to show you what i am about. i am blessed." he stuck his chin out there and took his shots and looked straight it straight in the eyes.

go ahead, cast the first stone. so that is a man right there. there was no 'huh, wiped the server, you mean like with a cloth? none of the smoking pictures were marked smoking at the time.' bullcrap.

so you give that man forgiveness and you let him walk his path with his chin up. good deal. a human story hidden inside all the money and glory stuff. interesting. i will follow this guy. you asked for it man, we will see.

ravensfan
04-28-2016, 09:06 PM
boooo! that sucks! i guess i am a philly fan now. but i am a steelers fan from birth, what am i supposed to do know? i have picked steelers first game every tsptalk nfl football pool, now philly? life is cruel. philly just got lucky.

knock 'em dead kid.

Steelers fan??? Boo hiss... :smashfreakB: I can live with you becoming an Eagles fan...but Steelers...that's like waving raw meat in front of old yeller.

burrocrat
04-28-2016, 10:06 PM
dammit. denver picked a qb paxton lynch. he will probably do very well there under elway's organization. why didn't they trade up for wentz. that sucks. lynch probably in for a great career. crap.

Khotso
04-28-2016, 10:25 PM
Hey, no sense worrying about it guys. There's nothing you can do. Acceptance is serenity. The Pats will pick 2 starters and 3 every game players, like they do every year, but this time without a first rounder (oh, wait, they usually trade that away anyway). Brains over brawn. Round 2, here we come!