PDA

View Full Version : I like this format

mayday
01-02-2006, 02:29 AM
The changes you have made to the message board look nice. Bigdog is complaining about not having his avatars. He'll get over it.

biggdog1
01-02-2006, 02:42 AM
The changes you have made to the message board look nice. Bigdog is complaining about not having his avatars. He'll get over it.

Bite me ! Just joking , new format is really nice. I especially like the ignore button !!! Everyone will now be using the same fonts/size. Posts should be a lot clearer. Thax Tom

tsptalk
01-02-2006, 02:48 AM
I'm crossing my fingers because this changeover has been more of a hassle than I bargained for.

I don't know why the avatars didn't show up. You can go User CP on the left of the menu above, and edit and add avatars. I haven't tried it yet however.

Tom

biggdog1
01-02-2006, 03:05 AM
I'm crossing my fingers because this changeover has been more of a hassle than I bargained for.

I don't know why the avatars didn't show up. You can go User CP on the left of the menu above, and edit and add avatars. I haven't tried it yet however.

Tom
I tried. However another menu comes up and it will not allow you to edit avatars

nnuut
01-02-2006, 10:16 AM
Yep looks good to me! Will take a little time to get use to it though. Keep up the good work TOM.
Norman

Dave M
01-02-2006, 10:43 AM
A quick visit to "User CP" in the upper-left allowed me to reset the clock to Eastern time and to turn off subscriptions, etc. D

Wheels
01-02-2006, 07:18 PM

I couldn't get it to work.

Dave
<><

mlk_man
01-02-2006, 07:43 PM
I got it to work, however I believe the milkman avatar is gone. Had it saved on my laptop which crashed..........:(

Rod
01-02-2006, 09:33 PM
Thank you for the update, Tom. It looks sleeker and seems to be quicker.:cool:

God Bless:)

tsptalk
01-02-2006, 10:21 PM
I got it to work, however I believe the milkman avatar is gone. Had it saved on my laptop which crashed..........:(

Here ya go...

http://www.tsptalk.com/images/mlk.gif

mlk_man
01-03-2006, 06:21 AM
Cool, thanks Tom! :cool:

Wheels
01-03-2006, 11:24 AM
I miss the yahoo market links across the top. Tom, is there anyway to get them back?

Dave
<><

tsptalk
01-03-2006, 12:48 PM
Yes. I was messing with those charts last night but I didn't quite get it looking the way I wanted it. I will be making cosmetic changes as we go and those charts will be a priority.

Wheels
01-03-2006, 01:30 PM
Super. Looking forward to it.

Thanks
Dave
<><

ocean
01-03-2006, 06:34 PM
Tom,

Very nice work on upgrading to the new software. One thing bothers me is that I can't really tell other members' correct posting time on their messages. Even though mlk_man mentioned that we can set our own time zone on the individual option setup but it still is not telling me much with the poster's time relative to my time. Can everyone use the same unique time zone either it is ET, Central time etc.

I know you are quite busy but I found this is an area which can be improved. Thanks again.

Ocean

tsptalk
01-03-2006, 10:29 PM
I could be wrong, but I believe once you set your time, all posts are relative to it. So if I post at 5:00 PM ET, it should show to someone on the west coast as 2:00 PM PT.

Are you not seeing that?

tsptalk
01-03-2006, 10:30 PM
I miss the yahoo market links across the top. Tom, is there anyway to get them back?

I ended putting the charts at the bottom of the page. I couldn't get a good look when near the top.

mlk_man
01-04-2006, 06:21 AM
I could be wrong, but I believe once you set your time, all posts are relative to it. So if I post at 5:00 PM ET, it should show to someone on the west coast as 2:00 PM PT.

Are you not seeing that?

That's what I'm seeing Tom.

ocean
01-04-2006, 07:01 AM
Tom/mlk_man,

I know what the problem is now. If you login on the board, the time would show up correctly. If not the time would show the software default GMT for the guest. So your guest would see different time from the actual time. (and which is 5 - 7 hours behind the current time). Please try it yoourself.

Ocean

mlk_man
01-04-2006, 07:11 AM
Yeah, I found this out yesterday. Forgot to mention it. :o

http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/showthread.php?p=34568#post34568

Dave M
01-15-2006, 10:38 AM
Tom, I used to be able to click on my name and see my most recent posts. Can I still do this? I do not see how. It was a very useful feature for seeing where I posted something. The site is pretty big; it is easy to forget, or get lost.

Dave M

tsptalk
01-15-2006, 11:17 AM
Dave -
You should have that same ability. When I click on someone's name, including my own, there is a link to "Find all posts by..."

If you can't do that let me know. It may be a permissions setting that I have to change.

Tom

Dave M
01-16-2006, 11:05 AM
Aha! I kept looking up top among the pull-down menus. Thanks. D