PDA

View Full Version : bkrownd's Account Talk

bkrownd
12-31-2005, 06:35 PM
Confirmed EFT for COB 12/30/05 makes me an even 12% G, 54% C, 34% S to start the new year. (yay)

Fivetears
01-05-2006, 07:32 PM
So, how's the recent IFT panned out so far; Account Percentage Increase for JAN 06.

If it's not too personal to ask.

bkrownd
01-05-2006, 11:20 PM
Do you mean my small movements from G to C&S last week? I was basically reallocating some of my bond (G) to equity during that convenient little inter-holiday price dip that C & S experienced. My asset allocation had too much bond+savings by the end of the year.

C & S are up about 2% since then so I can't complain, but I don't play the short-term swings both ways - I just buy-and-hold. If we see a major spring "correction" like last year I'll use some more G "reserve" to buy the equity funds as the prices drop.

The good news is they DID increase my TSP withholding in time for the first pay period of the 2006 tax year. The bad news is that those contributions went into my TSP account yesterday after the prices had already zoomed back up. Perhaps in future I'll default contributions to 100% G and move them to equities according to some scheme to take advantage of the dips in price volatility.