PDA

View Full Version : ufc

burrocrat
11-14-2015, 09:21 PM
does anybody else here watch mma fights? ufc 193 main card is on tonight.

fight one: holy crap that dutch kid is a freakin monster, i am voting for the usa idaho boy. let's get it on.

burrocrat
11-14-2015, 09:48 PM
fight one: holy crap that dutch kid is a freakin monster, i am voting for the usa idaho boy. let's get it on.

how do you make a 6'3" 265# farm boy look like a toy? you put him up against a 7' tall james bond villain monster. how do you neutralize a 7' tall james bond villain monster? you take him to the ground and pretend you are making love to him, with your elbows.

not much action in that one, but what a mismatch, just getting out of there unhurt was an accomplishment, way to go farm boy.

burrocrat
11-14-2015, 10:22 PM
fight two goes to the maori warrior, don't ever bet against a maori, they will eat you.

i'm two for two on my calls now, anybody want to bet on the other fights? next fight #3 is another couple of heavies for 5 rounds and a title, at 265#. another maori and different james bond villain silva. i'm going against my earlier advice and picking the villain this time.

userque
11-14-2015, 10:24 PM
Most of the MMA fans haven't made it home from the fight club yet.

burrocrat
11-14-2015, 10:34 PM
Most of the MMA fans haven't made it home from the fight club yet.

sorry for them.

dang silva has a head like a 5 gallon bucket, but big maori hit him behind the ear and shut down his gyroscope with one sledgehammer shot. just like and egg, over easy.

burrocrat
11-14-2015, 10:37 PM
next is the two chick fights. ahh yeah.

i'm at two to one on my bets with myself.

i'm going with the spunky mexican looking canadian gal, her nickname is 'trouble'. i believe it. but she's gonna have to overcome 94 to 6% odds to take down the champ.

bmneveu
11-14-2015, 10:57 PM
next is the two chick fights. ahh yeah.

i'm at two to one on my bets with myself.

i'm going with the spunky mexican looking canadian gal, her nickname is 'trouble'. i believe it. but she's gonna have to overcome 94 to 6% odds to take down the champ.

She doesn't stand a chance. An opponent hasn't lasted a single minute against Rousey in a very long time.

burrocrat
11-14-2015, 11:12 PM
She doesn't stand a chance. An opponent hasn't lasted a single minute against Rousey in a very long time. right now it is the 115# gals, a polack and a canuck, battle of the brunettes.

i voted for the underdog of course, always a sorry sucker for the troubled ones. she is basically getting her ass kicked.

burrocrat
11-14-2015, 11:27 PM
wow, the champion straw weight beat that girl up, wearing a couple golf balls under her eyes by the end and her left leg all red and swollen like a stump compared to her other skinny stick.

now i'm 2-2.

i'm going for holm to take out rousey in the final fight. battle of the blondes now. holly has a princess leia braid going on, i'm a sucker for the braids too.

burrocrat
11-14-2015, 11:37 PM
ha! all the other fighters come out down the aisle with rude rap music playing, this holm girl comes out dancing to irish clog music. ha! kick the crap out of that ronda gal holly, you go. she even is nicknamed 'the preacher's daughter'. don't ever mess with a preacher's daughter.

burrocrat
11-14-2015, 11:53 PM
ha!

just freakin rocked ronda's world. destroyed her out and kept pounding. sweeet! that was worth $50 bucks all by itself! whooo!

rousey still flat on the mat. eat it.

Shamus13
11-15-2015, 12:08 AM
Like Rousey is known for arm bar, Holm for her head kicks.... as Rousey now knows.
UFC will make TONS of money on the rematch.

burrocrat
11-15-2015, 12:17 AM
Like Rousey is known for arm bar, Holm for her her head kicks.... as Rousey now knows.
UFC will make TONS of money on the rematch.

they'll make at least $50 bucks from me on the ppv rematch for sure.

i don't think ronda knows anything right now, probably still trying to figure out which century she's in or if she's still a virgin. when you get knocked like that something happens in your brain, you got to come out of the fog first, then figure out if the ship is still holding water. wow, that's was a light's out kick, timber. nfl concussion protocol makes them big football player boys look like pansies. that girl took a shot, she won't ever be the same.

ronda's whole problem started when she refused to touch fists at the beginning, you never tempt fate like that, you never have a guarantee. karma bites pride girl, and pride cometh before the fall. that skinny tall girl just kicked your lights out.

Shamus13
11-15-2015, 12:23 AM
Rousey doesn't usually get the sportsmanship award. The world has been waiting for her to get a taste of her own medicine. She's a great athlete but it's sweet to see a cool collected opponent feed her humble pie.

JTH
11-15-2015, 12:35 AM
I just finished watching it (while sleeping off & on) damm 7am fights are going to take it's toll on me.

Good to see Holm take away the belt, I like her :)

burrocrat
11-15-2015, 12:59 AM
I just finished watching it (while sleeping off & on) damm 7am fights are going to take it's toll on me.

Good to see Holm take away the belt, I like her :)

nice image grab jth, i love the look on ronda's face, it is a very common look among folks when they realize a moment too late this is probably it. that was likely the last clear thought ronda had for at least five minutes, it is kind of funny but mostly sad when you see somebody laying flat trying to punch air out of reflex when the game is already over. now she is probably still struggling to boot up her root language and make sure she can connect with the hardware via msdos before moving on to whatever version of window's gui she can remember the key for. that is going to be a long road back.

brilliant fight though, and close. if holly hadn't escaped the wrestling in the first round she was going to lose the use of one of her arms.

that was a good fight.

JTH
11-15-2015, 01:08 AM
nice image grab jth, i love the look on ronda's face, it is a very common look among folks when they realize a moment too late this is probably it. that was likely the last clear thought ronda had for at least five minutes, it is kind of funny but mostly sad when you see somebody laying flat trying to punch air out of reflex when the game is already over. now she is probably still struggling to boot up her root language and make sure she can connect with the hardware via msdos before moving on to whatever version of window's gui she can remember the key for. that is going to be a long road back.

brilliant fight though, and close. if holly hadn't escaped the wrestling in the first round she was going to lose the use of one of her arms.

that was a good fight.

Finally the "Ronda train has been derailed. Ronda might be good, but she failed to implement her ground game, instead choosing to trade punches with an elite long-reach kick-boxer. The end result, Holm outclassed her in every encounter, and will make for an "honorable" champion, it could not happen to a better person.

I for one think the re-match will look much the same as the first fight, it was just too one-sided for me to believe otherwise.

FireWeatherMet
11-15-2015, 01:49 AM
Hard to find online video of Holms KO of Rousey, due to PPV bull$h!t.

Here is one...not sure how long it will be available. Nice to see a classy champ. :smile:
Reminds me of when Buster Douglas took down Mike Tyson.

Undefeated No More: Holly Holm Knocks Ronda Rousey Out With A Head Kick At UFC 193! | New Video (http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhFE7GBE9q2Oi4S25O)

Shamus13
12-13-2015, 12:34 AM

13 seconds and the belts are united. Looks like he's not just a mouth.

burrocrat
12-13-2015, 08:55 AM
wow, crack. one shot. heavy.

the good thing about getting your ass kicked in 13 seconds is at least it didn't take 14 seconds, that had to hurt. i hate when flat and foggy and not control hands and getting the crap pounded out of me, 13 seconds is definitely a good deal in that situation.

pmaloney
12-13-2015, 09:35 PM
I am ignorant but I have watched selected UFC bouts and wonder if it isn't too unregulated or lacking in safety rules.
If so many things are legal like a forearm to the face what about a missed forearm to the throat?
Also, with the recent 13 second knockout for a championship don't these people need to learn to keep their arms up and protect themselves.
Like I said, I am ignorant of UFC but with such loose rules I hope it is just the old entertainment wrestling?
I was a great fan of boxing and still am a little.

Would be interested in some input on this because UFC looks so bad and unregulated but has been around so long.

Thanks!

burrocrat
12-13-2015, 10:06 PM
I am ignorant but I have watched selected UFC bouts and wonder if it isn't too unregulated or lacking in safety rules.
If so many things are legal like a forearm to the face what about a missed forearm to the throat?
Also, with the recent 13 second knockout for a championship don't these people need to learn to keep their arms up and protect themselves.
Like I said, I am ignorant of UFC but with such loose rules I hope it is just the old entertainment wrestling?

Would be interested in some input on this because UFC looks so bad and unregulated but has been around so long.

Thanks!

ufc only has two rules.

1 you walk in.

2 you walk out.

only one person can follow both rules.

simple game, easy to tell the winner.

law87
12-14-2015, 12:39 AM

Thanks!

there are rules in place for those things not to happen, plus at the end of the day, all fighters have a code of honor. If you watch the fight closely, you see Aldo was coming in to land his own punch, as Gregor is stepping backward of course Aldo have to leap forward to get close and hit him, which he did but Greggor left hand is just more powerful.

userque
12-14-2015, 01:44 AM
there are rules in place for those things not to happen, plus at the end of the day, all fighters have a code of honor. If you watch the fight closely, you see Aldo was coming in to land his own punch, as Gregor is stepping backward of course Aldo have to leap forward to get close and hit him, which he did but Greggor left hand is just more powerful.

Right. It is not the rules that prevent the better/luckier fighter from killing the other.

k0nkuzh0n
12-14-2015, 08:19 AM
Right. It is not the rules that prevent the better/luckier fighter from killing the other.

I'd mostly agree but there is a rule on elbow strikes that I think is certainly to prevent serious damage to a fighter beyond just losing. I'm not sure the official name of the rule but has to do with strike straight downward with the elbow.

I saw a fight a few years ago where a guy was on the ground and he got knocked silly by someone using this exact technique. After a few hits the fight was called and the 'winner' was ultimately disqualified for the elbow strikes.

k0nkuzh0n
12-14-2015, 08:28 AM

userque
12-14-2015, 08:28 AM
I'd mostly agree but there is a rule on elbow strikes that I think is certainly to prevent serious damage to a fighter beyond just losing. I'm not sure the official name of the rule but has to do with strike straight downward with the elbow.

I saw a fight a few years ago where a guy was on the ground and he got knocked silly by someone using this exact technique. After a few hits the fight was called and the 'winner' was ultimately disqualified for the elbow strikes.

:) You missed my point. Rules, don't prevent anything. It's the fighters' choice to follow rules that prevents death.

The opponents expect the other to honor the rules...as said the original post I responded to...a "code of honor."

BTW

Also, red lights don't stop cars at intersections. Look both ways before entering, even if you have the green light.

Also, laws don't prevent gun violence. Strap up.

:)

k0nkuzh0n
12-14-2015, 08:54 AM
fair enough. there is no * on this thread mind you :cheesy:

userque
12-14-2015, 08:59 AM
fair enough. there is no * on this thread mind you :cheesy:

Thanks...gotta remember to check for that next time.:embarrest:

law87
12-15-2015, 12:19 AM

the thing is, these fighters know the risk and they still willing to accept it, so who are we as spectator to tell them to stop what they are doing? simple enough, if you dont like getting hit with Elbows, go into boxing or other form of martial arts, but if you are a bad ass well then try your luck in MMA.

law87
12-15-2015, 12:22 AM
:) You missed my point. Rules, don't prevent anything. It's the fighters' choice to follow rules that prevents death.

The opponents expect the other to honor the rules...as said the original post I responded to...a "code of honor."

BTW

Also, red lights don't stop cars at intersections. Look both ways before entering, even if you have the green light.

Also, laws don't prevent gun violence. Strap up.

:)

I'm willing to bet the death ratio in MMA is lower than traffic accident or gun violence. It just doesnt happen, no one has died from a punch to the throat or a kick in the balls. Even if it does happen (which I dont think it has), its like 1 match out of thousands.

burrocrat
03-05-2016, 10:00 AM
there are some good fights scheduled for ufc 196 tonight...

mcgregor v diaz. mcgregor got sledge hammers for fists, an anvil for a face, and a mouth that will send anyone straight to hell. i bet he breaks that diaz kid into quivering pieces.

also holly holm v miesha tate. this one is more up in the air and i have a bet with daze823 on it for an ounce of tsptalk silver v a trump hat. if this fight goes to the ground much then tate is going to rip one of holms' limbs from the socket and beat holly over the head with it. if holly manages to stay on her feet then she will lightning quick like a bunny push her heel through miesha's teeth and out the back of her neck, make her a floppying blubbering vegetable.

besides trading the market and poker, this is the hottest bloodsport out there. gonna be some interesting fights tonight. where else can you see raw animal drive and dedication and desire with no brakes, these are rare qualities.

and how could anyone bet against this?

that's right holly honey, bring home the bacon, or at least my trump hat.

burrocrat
03-05-2016, 08:26 PM
only about a half hour until the main card event starts, holler if you're watching.

and take another look at holm, look at her eyes and set jaw, don't ever bet against woman with that look in her eyes. gl daze823, we can exchange shipping info later if you want or i can let you know where to send my hat now.

burrocrat
03-05-2016, 09:16 PM
oh they gonna start with the undercard girls, a russian v a brazillian. they both got killer braids. i'm going for the brazillian nunes. mainly because her first name is amanda. maybe she need a man da hug and squeeze.

burrocrat
03-05-2016, 09:49 PM
1 for 1, now i pick filthy lawler in the next one.

JTH
03-05-2016, 10:08 PM
Dbl H gonna crush it...

burrocrat
03-05-2016, 10:13 PM
dang, two judges score 30-27 for anderson? he only owned the 3rd round on the ground? booo. 1 for 2 tonight. that was rigged.

burrocrat
03-05-2016, 10:24 PM
this 3rd fight is a toss up. gonna have to pick the american over the swede.

burrocrat
03-05-2016, 10:43 PM
boo again. swede definately fought that one better. 1 for 3. where is the bone jarring knockouts and killing stuff? i didn't sign up for dancing with the stars.

ok i am for holm and then mcgregor in the last two. let's get to the real stuff.

JTH
03-05-2016, 11:25 PM
Holy crap!

burrocrat
03-05-2016, 11:30 PM
shoot. all she had to do was stay off the ground that round. fought with everything. tough girl hangs on. big john should've called that a few seconds earlier.

burrocrat
03-05-2016, 11:50 PM
note to self: do not, repeat do not, ever wrestle with a mexican girl named cupcake.

burrocrat
03-05-2016, 11:58 PM
damn these big boys throwin hammers , all the time. animals.

JTH
03-06-2016, 12:01 AM
False gods fall...

burrocrat
03-06-2016, 12:02 AM
wow. again.

burrocrat
03-06-2016, 12:06 AM
very interesting night. can't wait for the next one. pure raw competition. good stuff.

JTH
03-06-2016, 12:12 AM
Grab some popcorn, the post fight press conference should be on in about 20 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfu31-vEwgo

burrocrat
12-30-2016, 06:35 AM
tonight is ronda "hips" rousey's return to the cage. get your pay-per-view on, oh yeah baby. i hope she gets that angry skinny mexigal's head in a lock between her thighs and squeezes 'til it pops off. some girls can do that, you know?

burrocrat
12-30-2016, 03:05 PM
is anybody interested in a wager on tonight's rousey v nunes bout?

i got silver or whiskey that says ronda takes it down.

burrocrat
12-31-2016, 07:09 AM
well that was thoroughly disappointing, at $49 for SD and a 48 second 'fight', it works out to about $1 per second. sheet, i've had sex that didn't last that long and was way funner. whatever holly holm did to ronda a year ago i'm not sure, but obviously when she kicked rowdy in the head the fighting piece of her soul flew out the other ear. then last night this mexbian nunes sticks her fist out and ronda walks into it hard about six times and flops, forehead up and chin out like a cavewoman.

pretty dang sure ronda will never fight again. she better get to studying how to cook and clean because that little pudge pot ain't good for nuthin else, got to earn your keep somehow, nobody eats for free.

but on the bright side, nobody was smart enough to take my bet so i don't have to upload pictures of me nekked to the facebook thingy for payoff.

RazorCat
12-31-2016, 09:41 AM
Yeah, I'd been watching Rousey leading up to this fight. She was always coming off as angry, pi$$ed, out for blood. I guess the one person she couldn't convince was herself. And Nunes apparently. That "1000 yard stare" turned out to be a "deer in the headlights".
Thing is, Rousey is a master at judo. Not a power puncher. Spin 'em and pin 'em. She looked stunned and helpless from the start. But, I guess 27 blows landed vs. 7 will do that to a gal.
I think she needs a new manager/trainer IF she ever decides to make yet another comeback. People love a comeback. If you win anyway.

burrocrat
12-31-2016, 10:26 AM
yeah, right? why she fight standing up? she a good wrassler.

TSP-roulette
12-31-2016, 04:50 PM
Sad ending for Ronda Rousey. Like I said in the "Sports" thread, Ronda has a questionable chin, she can't box, glass chin. Ronda's great at wrappling, the ground game, most wins by submission. Holy Holm exposed Rousey's awful boxing technique with her superior boxing skills a year ago. Nunez has it all, good boxer, and good if not great martial arts techniques, Judo, jiu jitsu etc. Ronda, destroyed in 48 seconds of first round. Time to hang it up... Downfall?? Lack of boxing skills, no chin. Notice how she's wobbled with that first jab, and Rousey stretching her arms aimlessly trying to grab Amanda Nunez for a miracle take down. Ronda is not the same, looked like an amateur, I think she'll call it quits, end of game. Eventually Nunez will get her beat down, I imagine the big money match will be against the she-man "Cyborg". Getting your arse kicked for millions of dollars can't be all that bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2Fbq258H4g

burrocrat
02-11-2017, 10:16 AM
ufc 208 tonight, holm v de randamie

holy wow, 1/2" or 9/16"? honey, grab my wrench!

burrocrat
02-11-2017, 09:47 PM
oh man, the boys are raining lead, heavy heavy shots. setting up a good night for fight.

burrocrat
02-12-2017, 12:11 AM
yeah that was bullshit. two deliberate big shots after the bell in rounds two and three, no penalty. holly controlled that fight. dutch welfare i guess. dirty fighter, dirty fight.

Marjuno
07-09-2021, 08:19 AM
Conor and Poirier will fight tomorrow. Is anyone gonna watch? Your opinion, who will win?
I'm sure that Poirier

Bullitt
07-09-2021, 08:42 AM
I'm more into boxing but McGregor is my pick to win. I actually like the guy. Wish he would have beaten Khabib.

Bullitt
07-11-2021, 06:16 PM
A big let down last night that didn't really end with a winner. Big ticket fights often have a way of disappointing like that. Maybe a fourth attempt at a resolution by Spring if we're lucky?

Marjuno
07-12-2021, 10:48 AM
A big let down last night that didn't really end with a winner. Big ticket fights often have a way of disappointing like that. Maybe a fourth attempt at a resolution by Spring if we're lucky?
Yes, hope he recovers soon and gets back