PDA

View Full Version : The Fourth Turning

Wimpy
12-06-2005, 07:18 AM
Remember, in the previous editions of the newsletter, I wrote about the book the 4th Turning. In that book, the thesis is that in every saeculum (80 years) there is a terminal generation that is weak, flaccid and morally corrupt. That generation has to undergo a major war or a great depression to clear their minds of their corrupt and flaccid mentality. Then a new generation that survives rebuilds the work ethic and things begin anew.

The generation following the 'roaring' 1920's experienced both a great world depression and a world war. We are now in the 4th turning (the 4th generation after these events). We are due again for either a major war, a great depression or both. Time has run out.

That book, the 4th turning explains why we are in the stagnant economic and social situation we find now in the West. The issues of debts and excesses are merely the symptoms. The real causes of our problems are due to the 4th turning we are in now.

http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_05/laird120305.html

---------

My wife and I finished The Fourth Turning last weekend. Highly recommended if you want to know the 'whys and where fors' of what is going on around you today...financialy and otherwise. It was written in 1997 and their (co-authors) analysis was ahead of their time...giving it much more credibility in retrospect because much of what they said has proven true and therefore lends a great deal ofpunch to what they foretell of taking place between 2005 and 2025. Itbegins a little slow and tedious, but has a fast finish. By the time you get to the end you'll wish you hadpaid more attention in the beginning. A great read!

puertorico
12-06-2005, 09:00 PM
I may buy that book ,very interesting
look like a profecy