PDA

View Full Version : 1S_Scared Account Talk

1s_scared
12-01-2005, 12:06 AM
I have been following this website for quite awhile. Thanks Tom and everybody for your insights and comments. I am currently 100% G, waiting for the market to drop another couple of percent or so before jumping back in.

tsptalk
12-01-2005, 01:35 AM
Welcome 1S and good luck!

Tom

1s_scared
12-11-2005, 08:29 PM
I felt like missing out as the market kept going up. I was waiting for the drop in early December, which did not happen. At least it only moved sideways. I jumped back in stock(50%C-50%S) on Friday, hoping for a couple of goodweeks before the end of the year.

I wouldbe ready to get back out at the first sign of trouble, though. Got burned too many times before.

1s_scared
12-12-2005, 06:14 PM
I am following Tom's lead. After reading his post today, I decided to get out of stocks and into bonds, hoping to wait out for a few days before jumping back in. This is my bet that bonds have one way to go and it's not down. How about an early Christmas gift from the Fed?

1s_scared
12-16-2005, 08:13 AM
From 100%F to 50%C and 50%S.

After parking in the F fund for a few profitable days, I am jumping back into stock. It does look high to me right now, since that pull back that Tom talked about still hasn't come yet, but I hope we'll catch some of the holiday spirits the next two weeks in the stock market. Then I'll be going to the sideline again after January 1st.

For the past three months, I have been trading in and out of funds, and it had worked out real well, even though I'd miss one or two percent up or down here and there, but over all I am pretty happy with what I got.