PDA

View Full Version : IFT & Contribution Allocation

JasonGA
11-23-2005, 07:01 PM
I've been following this board for about 6 months now and have a few questions that have confused me. I will post each question seperately, but my first question has to do with IFT vs Contribution Allocation. When you guys move between funds do you do an IFT and also change your contribution allocations? For instance, if you say moving 50% F, 50% G COB today, are you doing the IFT and CA? Thanks in advance.

vectorman
11-23-2005, 08:17 PM
JasonGA wrote:
I've been following this board for about 6 months now and have a few questions that have confused me. I will post each question seperately, but my first question has to do with IFT vs Contribution Allocation. When you guys move between funds do you do an IFT and also change your contribution allocations? For instance, if you say moving 50% F, 50% G COB today, are you doing the IFT and CA? Thanks in advance.

Hi Jason, when members report moving funds, they mean IFT only. Most who move their funds frequently usually have their contribution allocation going into the G fund so they can control went to use it and so it will not be put in a fundprior to a down day, where they lose some money right off the bat.

JasonGA
11-25-2005, 09:45 AM
Thanks Vectorman. So let me see if I have this right. They have their contribution allocation in 100% G and leave it alone. When they move funds, they only move around their IFT?

KAPLOWD
11-25-2005, 10:32 AM
JasonGA wrote:
Thanks Vectorman. So let me see if I have this right. They have their contribution allocation in 100% G and leave it alone. When they move funds, they only move around their IFT?
JasonGa

Suggest reading thru http://www.tsp.gov/features/index.html

I like have my contribution go into the G funds which builds a cash postion.

If I do an IFT, it will also include the cash postion being built. For example, I was 100G during October and went 50C and 50S in the beginning of November. During the last couple of weeks my contribution went into the G fund, which changed the distribution every so slightly so that now my allocation is something like 49.9975 C, 49.9975 S and .005 G