PDA

View Full Version : Pi (1998)a strange movie that might describe your past/present/future trading journey

userque
06-04-2015, 07:45 AM
Pi Full Movie Putlocker Megashare9 | HDMOVIE14.NET (http://hdmovie14.net/watch/pi-1998)

From a poster at IMDB.com:

Max is a genius mathematician who's built a supercomputer at home that provides something that can be understood as a key for understanding all existence. Representatives both from a Hasidic cabalistic sect and high-powered Wall Street firm hear of that secret and attempt to seduce him.

burrocrat
06-04-2015, 07:52 AM
pssst... the secret is life goes in circles. and until you get it right you will keep ending up where you started. which is a good thing because you get to keep trying. once you get it right you win and the game is over, no more fun for you. the only true value is in the struggle.

userque
06-04-2015, 07:56 AM
pssst... the secret is life goes in circles. and until you get it right you will keep ending up where you started. which is a good thing because you get to keep trying. once you get it right you win and the game is over, no more fun for you. the only true value is in the struggle.

So true. I first encountered this with the game Tic-Tac-Toe.

burrocrat
06-04-2015, 08:05 AM
So true. I first encountered this with the game Tic-Tac-Toe.

ahhh, T cubed, the original matrix, built as a simple introduction for simple minds. we've come a long way, baby.

userque
06-04-2015, 08:20 AM
ahhh, T cubed, the original matrix, built as a simple introduction for simple minds. we've come a long way, baby.

Indeed we have. Can't wait to see what tomorrow has in store.

You are also correct. The journey is the fun part. Once you figure out how to play texas hold'em effectively; it becomes repetitious...like a 9-5 job. Boring.

I am at that point now with trading. Since my 'modifications' a few weeks ago, my system has been calling NUGT/DUST nicely. This month is the first month I'll use it for TSP trades.

Usually after I conclude that there is nothing more I can do; nothing else I can think of to add or improve--I'll have an epiphany. Sometimes it would take me full-circle to a previous idea I had rejected; every so often, it would turn out to be something (I consider) major.

But not this time. My trading mind seems to have said, "I rest my case." So either I've arrived--or I'm stuck. The ultimate judge are results. We'll see what June says. Then July...etc.

Khotso
06-04-2015, 09:55 AM

You are also correct. The journey is the fun part. Once you figure out how to play texas hold'em effectively; it becomes repetitious...like a 9-5 job. Boring.

I am at that point now with trading. Since my 'modifications' a few weeks ago, my system has been calling NUGT/DUST nicely. This month is the first month I'll use it for TSP trades.

Usually after I conclude that there is nothing more I can do; nothing else I can think of to add or improve--I'll have an epiphany. Sometimes it would take me full-circle to a previous idea I had rejected; every so often, it would turn out to be something (I consider) major.

But not this time. My trading mind seems to have said, "I rest my case." So either I've arrived--or I'm stuck. The ultimate judge are results. We'll see what June says. Then July...etc.

Perhaps you'll just go in a circle.

userque
06-04-2015, 09:57 AM
Perhaps you'll just go in a circle.

Believe me, I've done that more than once.

jkenjohnson
06-04-2015, 10:36 AM

How about posting those Nugt Dust trades so that others can profit please?

userque
06-04-2015, 10:47 AM
How about posting those Nugt Dust trades so that others can profit please?

Sure, for a little while at least...I think 'better' under pressure.

I'm in DUST now, will start a new thread and post there when I switch.

Trades are subject to three day settlement rule(s). I trade half of the total amount I trade with to go long; the 'other half' for shorts. Trades are usually executed at open or near close. Though I may wing some trades prior to waiting for the close.

jkenjohnson
06-04-2015, 11:00 AM
Sure, for a little while at least...I think 'better' under pressure.

I'm in DUST now, will start a new thread and post there when I switch.

Trades are subject to three day settlement rule(s). I trade half of the total amount I trade with to go long; the 'other half' for shorts. Trades are usually executed at open or near close. Though I may wing some trades prior to waiting for the close.

Thanks much.

DrFaustus
06-04-2015, 11:03 AM
um ... for those of us in the dark ...

NUGT? DUST?

What do those acronyms mean?

userque
06-04-2015, 11:03 AM
Thanks much.
You're welcome.

userque
06-04-2015, 11:21 AM

NUGT? DUST?

They are ticker symbols.

https://www.google.com/finance?q=dust&ei=InhwVYGRJMWFqwHu4IOoDQ

https://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSEARCA%3ANUGT&ei=NnhwVbiIBY3_qQHE3oPQCg

https://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSEARCA%3AGDX&ei=ZnhwVdmSDNKuqwHI-IDQAg

NUGT and DUST are ETF's of a Gold Miner's Index. They are 3x ETF's. NUGT is the Bull ETF; DUST is the Bear/Inverse. Dust allows you to essentially short in a non-margin account. They move three times the index. They are extremely volatile. If the index is up 3%; NUGT is up 9% and DUST is down 9%.

(GDX is an ETF based upon the Gold Miner's Index.)

IMO, I have learned that they are harder to trade than US stocks because they are more affected by international influences.

Bottom line: If your system actually works, you'll make money faster; if your system doesn't work, you'll blow up your account sooner.

Frixxxx
06-04-2015, 11:51 AM
I loved that movie, very profound on getting so close to the answer of everything at the sacrifice of everything, only to choose ignorance and bliss over it all.

nnuut
06-04-2015, 01:07 PM
I watched the whole thing, it got a hold on me and wouldn't let me go!33931

gegor1957
06-04-2015, 03:06 PM

NUGT? DUST?

Triple leveraged gold miners:NUGT=long, DUST=short. Very volatile but very lucrative when executed well.