PDA

View Full Version : Making the best of my TSP

toddadcox
11-02-2005, 07:08 AM
Hello Members,

I am new to this forum howeverI have been using the website for several months now. I do not know a whole lot about the TSP. I am intrested in ths C, S, and I funds but I dont know anything about interfund transfers, I know how to make them, I just dont know what timing I should make them. Is it like buying regular stocks, buy low and sell high? I have been watching the websites allocations and interfund transfers, I have even made the same decisions. Does anyone have any advise from experience that could help me out and learn more about the TSP? Any input will be appreciated.

cowboy
11-02-2005, 08:32 AM
toddadcox wrote:
Hello Members,

I am new to this forum howeverI have been using the website for several months now. I do not know a whole lot about the TSP. I am intrested in ths C, S, and I funds but I dont know anything about interfund transfers, I know how to make them, I just dont know what timing I should make them. Is it like buying regular stocks, buy low and sell high? I have been watching the websites allocations and interfund transfers, I have even made the same decisions. Does anyone have any advise from experience that could help me out and learn more about the TSP? Any input will be appreciated.

If you make your move prior to 11:00 central time it will be effective at the close of business that day. If you move after, it will be effective for the next closing business day. It's like other stocks and there are some indicators addressed in other threads so you can follow the market. If you move your kind of at the mercy of the market until close which sometimes can be disasterous. If youride withthe Cowboy you may find yourself not sleeping. LOL!!! One day you feel like your nice and snug in your bedroll and the next your bare a**ed naked!!

Soldat
11-07-2005, 03:53 PM
Ride with Cowboy or march with the Soldat, buy low, sell high, or just hold, the markets in an uptrend right now.