PDA

View Full Version : This Google Ad above Looks Good

Rolo
05-28-2004, 01:10 PM
I clicked on the market timing ad (http://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/adclick?adurl=http://www.stocktiming.com/pages/10/index.htm&sa=l&ai=AERyPpD4tAxc0RUslpVapRSaCrn4pGkO 1EDZAA34tB4DBvL6-BAAwe_RAEQAmWsurw7_AAc3d35CdzBHdhx2auM2btBwNygDe5A zXhNHAAEAA&num=4&client=ca-pub-0480930362215105) in the banner above (it had "superb returns" in it) and the site looks nice. Read the comments for today (May 28th), pretty eye-opening. I am going to subscribe to it.

tsptalk
05-28-2004, 01:47 PM
Is that the one with the misspelling in their headline? I'm not the best speller in the world but at least they could use spell checker for the headlines. ;)

" Are YouInvesting or Gamling When You Trade?"

Oh, that was just today's headline. I thought it was the site's hard coded main page. I'm sure I do that often enough myself.

tsptalk
05-28-2004, 03:22 PM
By the way, I am all for systems. Someone here is using *****, FrizzB. has his differential system. Anything to take the emotion out of trading is helpful in my opinion.

That's one of the reasons I've been tweaking my discipline of staying a minimum of 60% in stocks when the three legs of the bull market I talk about (monetary condition, valuation and psychology) are all strong. Earlier this year when the psychology leg was weakened I had no problem going 100% to the G fund.

I may eventually codify a system to follow someday but there are so many factors involved (dozens of indicators) for the short term outlook that right now I feel some judgement is still needed. Basically my intermediate andlonger term outlook is bullish so my short term trades are biased to the bullish side, hence the 60% minimum rule.

If the three strong legs of the bull market go to one leg, for example, then I may use a maximum of 75% stock allocation. Sounds like something I may work on during the slow summer months.

Rolo
05-28-2004, 03:42 PM
tsptalk wrote:
Is that the one with the misspelling in their headline? I'm not the best speller in the world but at least they could use spell checker for the headlines. ;)

" Are YouInvesting or Gamling When You Trade?"

Oh, that was just today's headline. I thought it was the site's hard coded main page. I'm sure I do that often enough myself.
hehehehe...I noticed that too. It's not just the typo, it's that it was in large, italicized letters, centered, all to itself.

Thisreminds me of the forum page:

"Investment Portfoliios"

:u

tsptalk wrote:
By the way, I am all for systems. Someone here is using *****, FrizzB. has his differential system. Anything to take the emotion out of trading is helpful in my opinion.

Definitely! Whether a particularsystem works or not, I can learn a lot by studying it and observing the market. I like FrizzB's system and as soon as I get that revelation :h, I will probably use it. :i***** looks good for being privy to large trends before they kill you.

judgement is still needed. Basically my intermediate andlonger term outlook is bullish so my short term trades are biased to the bullish side, hence the 60% minimum rule.

If the three strong legs of the bull market go to one leg, for example, then I may use a maximum of 75% stock allocation. Sounds like something I may work on during the slow summer months.
[/quote]

I like that guide...it is simple, making it easy to implement, and just makes good sense.

One mechanism I would like to have in place is spotting a climax run. Granted, they are fairly obvious. (I can say that now, after blowing a big one in Dec/Jan--I could have sold most of my portfolio in early Jan. and bought it back two weeks laterat 3/4 the price--but only in hindsight.) Sometimes I need a pretty hard and fast rule to see these things without bungling them first. Other times, I am just a hard-head. :dah:

tsptalk
05-28-2004, 04:14 PM
This reminds me of the forum page: "Investment Portfoliios"
:l sheesh. When were you going to tell me? That's funny.

Frizz B.
05-28-2004, 05:23 PM
I do like all the comments about my system, someone started doing my system in a percentage style, haven't heard from him in a while.The only thing I amreally surprised at, is that I am the only one, probably not, who looked at the numbers andstarting to do some calculations and decided to try it. It is really quite simple in this market, we have had quite a trend from the highs and lows since the first of the year. At least 50 pt turnarounds in each of the C, S and I, and we have only gained about .50 on the S fund since the first of the year. I showed in another talk line how the market has gone from its high pts to its low pts. It seems when the market starts to lose it loses for 3 to 20days and hits a pretty good low, (G fund), and when it starts to rise, it will grow, it will rise for the same amt. of time to pretty good highs. (S or I fund).

Rolo
05-28-2004, 06:14 PM
tsptalk wrote:

This reminds me of the forum page: "Investment Portfoliios"
:l sheesh. When were you going to tell me? That's funny.

hehe, I just noticed it yesterday, was going to PM you, but Iforgot, so it went a long time unnoticed. Maybe the i just compounded?